I’m lucky they are crazy

WINRINA DRABBLES




 

Winter Kim has a crush on Karina Yu, and her friends know that. That’s the reason why she always makes sure that her friends are not with her whenever Karina’s around. 

 

It’s not that she’s ashamed of her crazy and annoying and loud circle, it’s just that they alway find a way to make Winter feel embarrassed in front of her crush.

 

There’s this one time when they are at the school’s gymnasium for their p.e class and Karina’s class was also there at the same time. They made her the captain of their dodgeball team saying that she’s the most agile and is so good when it comes to the game.

 

 It was all a lie.

 

Winter doesn’t know a thing about dodgeball. She’s not even sporty to begin with. In the end they lost  the match and Winter came home with a bruise on her cheek.

 

The bruise is not the issue, it’s about Karina watching her get hit by the ball straight to her face. All thanks to her friends.

 

That’s not the only time her friends put her in that kind of situation. It also happens when they need to promote their org to each grade section.

 

They are in Karina’s class and Winter made it sure that she already did her part on other sections so she doesn’t need to promote anymore the time they are in Karina’s class.

 

But, her friends had other plans. It was Ningning who suggested making a surprise performance by singing, and Winter just found herself getting pushed inside the classroom.

 

“Since this is our last stop we’re gonna be making a short performance. Do you guys want to hear us sing??” Winter is about to run and hide when she feels a hand on her wrist.

 

She’s shaking her head making it obvious that she doesn’t agree to whatever they are making her do. However, it’s majority always wins. 

 

Ningning and her perform a song in front of the whole class, you may want to ask what’s embarrassing about that?

 

It’s when she made that eye contact with Karina that made her voice crack and all she hears after that is the loud laughter of Ningning and everyone else.

 

She felt so embarrassed that she didn’t go to school the day after.




 

Now they are in the school canteen having lunch and Winter senses danger. She saw Karina and her friends making their way inside. She’s about to stand up and go out but it’s too late.

 

Ryujin pulled her back down and asked where she’s going, she’s about to answer when she heard Yuna speak.

 

“Look who’s here Winter. Should I invite them to sit with us since it’s too crowded here?” 

 

Winter shook her head in response. “Yuna, please no. There’s still a lot of available seats, no need to invite them.” 

 

Yuna just laughed in response. 

 

She sighed in relief when Yuna went back to eating but it seems like the universe is really against her.

 

Not a minute passed by when she heard Ningning’s loud voice calling Giselle’s name, their orgmate who is friends with Karina.

 

“Ning, what the is wrong with you?” you asked hysterically. 

 

The girl just rolled her eyes at you and said, “What? Are they not allowed to eat with us? Besides, it's just them, relax Win”


 

“Hello Ningning and friends!” Giselle greeted enthusiastically. “Is it okay if we sit here with you?” 

 

Your friends just nodded their heads while flashing their annoying smile. 

 

They took their seats and you flinched when Karina took her seat beside you.

 

“Hi, Winter!” she said.

 

You feel like you’re gonna combust right now. Your hand feels sweaty and you can’t speak. 

 

This is what you call the Karina effect.

 

You felt someone poke your arm so you turned your head, only to see the most beautiful face you saw in your entire life.

 

“Are you okay? Am I invading your space?” she asked, concern visible on her face.

 

You just shook her head and smiled awkwardly.

 

“Can I ask you something Winter?” 

 

“H-huh?” you answered.

 

“Do you not like me being here?” she had her head down poking her food with her fork.

 

You feel bad about it. You know it’s not her fault that you act like stupid whenever she’s around.

 

“No, it’s not like that” you started to explain. “It’s just that, I feel shy around you because uhm you’re uhm…”

 

She looks at you expectantly. So, you continued.

 

“Becauseyou’retooprettyandIhaveacrushonyou.” 

 

Confused, she asked again. “What? I’m sorry you speak too fast. Say it again please!”

 

“I said you’re pretty and I like you.” 

 

Karina did not say anything after. You face her again only to find her smiling widely at you.

 

“I’ve been waiting for you to say that. I like you too, .” she said before kissing you on the cheek.


 

Maybe having your crazy friends around isn’t that hard.