ICE CREAM CHILLIN’

WINRINA DRABBLES

It’s that time of the year when it’s too hard to go outside and too cold to do anything. It was the perfect cuddle weather for Minjeong and Jimin.

 

Minjeong was leaning into the headboard of the bed wearing a comfy sweatshirt, the one she always wore. She had her girlfriend tucked between her arms, lazily munching on a bowl of popcorn. They are currently watching a disney movie which the older girl obviously chose, and Minjeong can’t do anything but to agree.

 

“Babe?” Jimin whispered to the now half-asleep girlfriend. 

 

Minjeong opened her eyes to look at her girlfriend and lazily smiled. She won’t ever tire of hearing the endearment from Jimin. When it comes to other people, she cringes but when it’s Jimin, it sounds poetic. Because come on, let’s be honest. It’s Yu Jimin, anyone would be so lucky to have her but they can just dream on because there’s no way she’s gonna let this girl go. 

 

Jimin then started tracing the outlines of her face and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. 

 

“What is it babe?” Minjeong asked.

 

Knowing Jimin, she’s sure that the girl is craving for something. The last time she remembered her girl acting like this was when they had to look for a Japanese restaurant at 11 pm because Jimin was craving sushi. 

 

“I want ice cream” Jimin said and buried her face on the side of Minjeong’s neck. 

 

“Babe, it’s like zero degrees outside.” Minjeong groaned. “With that rain and everything, we’re lucky if we can even find a store still open.

 

“It’s 16 degress” Jimin looks at you while pouting. “It’s not like we’re gonna stay in the rain without an umbrella. Pleaseeee!”

 

“Okay fine, anything for you.” Minjeong replied, unable to resist her girlfriend.

 

“Yay! Thank you, babe. Love you!” Jimin gave her a quick kiss before jumping out of the bed and pulling her up as well.

 

“Where did you even get that energy?” Minjeong asked while getting her car keys.

 

“I don’t know. My love for you, maybe.” Jimin answered, which made her blush.

 

“Well, aren’t you going to change?” Minjeong asked, looking at how her girlfriend was dressed. 

 

“What for? We’re just gonna buy ice cream.” Jimin replied.

 

“Babe, look at what you’re wearing. I told you it’s cold outside, you’re gonna catch a cold.” Minjeong answered pointing at Jimin’s short shorts and tank top.

 

Her girlfriend just rolled her eyes and put on a hoodie. “Happy now?” 


 

The rain wasn’t pouring, it was pounding against the roof of the car. Minjeong made it a point to be extra careful since the road is bound to be slippery when it’s raining. They stopped at the first 7eleven store they could find.

 

The moment they parked the car, Jimin immediately sprung to her seat and Minjeong had to rush over to shelter her with an umbrella.

 

In front of the ice cream fridge stands Jimin, facing her greatest dilemma as of the moment. What ice cream flavor to get.

 

“So, which one? Strawberry, Rocky Road, Double Dutch or Chocolate?” Jimin asked as she was taking out four tubs out of the freezer. 

 

“Babe, you’re allergic to peanuts, remember?” Minjeong removed the tub of Rocky Road and put it back.

 

“But you love those.” Jimin whined. 

 

“Yes. But, I love you more.” she giggled at this.

 

“You did not just compare your love for me to an ice cream flavor.” Jimin pouted at you.

 

“Come on, babe. It’s ice cream, at least you’re the one I chose.” Minjeong said and winked at her. 

 

“Okay, because you chose me over your favorite ice cream flavor, you get to pick which one we’re going with. Which one do you want?” 

 

“I want to have you. Can I get you now?” Jimin laughed at this. And Minjeong swore it was to a degree of aesthetic perfection where sounds are concerned.

 

“Let’s just get everything, okay? I want to cuddle all day with my gorgeous girlfriend.” Minjeong whispered.

 

Jimin grinned and gave her a chaste kiss. Her nose and lips are so cold from the harsh weather outside that she nuzzles her nose against Minjeong.

 

In that one moment, Minjeong knew that she wouldn’t want anything in the world other than to be with this girl infront of her. She knew that she could never love anyone the way she loved Jimin in the past years, the way she loves Jimin in this moment and the ways she’s going to love Jimin every single day of her life. Minjeong knew she’s going to fall deeper in love with Jimin and wouldn’t have it any other way.