Chapter 3

Because I Love You

Mina POV

it’s been nearly a month after that day where I lent Momo my chemistry homework and gave her ointment for the bruise that she got from the incident in math class… And guess what? We became close now.

We talk quite often now, not just short talk but we really had a decent conversation... during the free time in between classes, we chitchat quite often. It’s either me who turned around to her table, or she the one who moved her chair to mine. And when we’re not at school, like after we went home or during weekend, we’ll chat through Ktalk. I usually don’t use my phone that much but since then, my phone always stuck with me.

So yeah… I could say that we’re close now..

How close? Close enough that Momo could drop all her pride and begged me to help her with midterm preparation.

 

It’s Saturday now, a week before midterm and yesterday, Momo stormed into my desk and begged me to help her study. Apparently, she completely forgot that midterm is nearby yet all she’s been doing were having fun, like what she usually does and after our homeroom teacher reminded us about it, she got panic.

You know how Momo always act all cool and always tried to maintain tough image, right? Yesterday, she completely broke them down and begged me hard—sat on both her knees, shook her clasped hands and repeatedly bowed at me. The desperation and urgency were intense.

 

At first, I was so confused why she had to be that terrified. I mean, exam is still another week, it’s not like it’ll start this Monday. But then she explained that she needs to boost her score this semester to secure her university enrollment. She said she always got average score in every exam and this year is her final attempt to slightly make her entire academic record better.

Honestly, I’m not really that smart so I don’t know why she asked me… As far as I know, Nayeon has good rank too. But who am I to refuse such request? I’ve always imagined us having a study date and stuffs…So, being offered this opportunity, of course I won’t decline.

 

I was happy and excited yesterday. The entire evening, I spend by cleaning my room and I even went to convenient store to stock up my snacks and drinks. But not today. I’m very very nervous about this.. Like reality just hits me.

Yesterday, when Momo asked me to help her, I was completely fine. I answered her request at ease and I even casually suggested to study in my house which Momo agreed. But this morning when I woke up, I just realized that Momo would be here, sitting in my room… with me… just the two of us.

Actually, I don’t live with my parents. They live overseas due to their business thing and I refused to go with them because I’m very much comfortable here, in Seoul. It took months to convince them and I need to find the most secure place to stay in order to get their approval.

But that detail isn’t important now. What important is, Momo would be here soon and I’m afraid that if I told her that I live alone, she’ll get uncomfortable and see me as a creepy person or something, then she chose to leave. How should I tell he—

 

*DING DONG*

 

I was sitting on my sofa with both hands right on my knees and I stood up immediately at the sound of my door bell, then stormed right away to the front door.

Once I arrived, I had to check the intercom first just in case it’s not Momo. But there she is, standing at my front door looking way more casual than her usual look with the uniform. Oh god. This is also going to be my first time seeing her in casual clothes!

Okay, Mina… Breathe. It’s fine.. keep calm, be calm..

After I became a bit calmer, I unlocked the door and greeted her.

 

“Hi there, Momo.” A said with a wave.

 

Her respond was slightly delayed as she stared at me for few second, before she smiled and gave a wave at me.

“H-hi! You look cu—I mean your sweater look cute…”

 

Maybe because I was nervous and so not used being complimented, I looked at my sweater in reflect and said,

 

“Really? I thought I dressed sloppily.”

“Well uh… The oversize type makes you look small and squishy then the big teddy bear in the middle gave a bit cuteness and white kinda makes you sparks so.. Y-yeah it’s cute. The sweater.” And I nod along at it. Maybe she really like the sweater, huh?

“A-anyway! I once again want to thank you for helping me with the study.. and here, a bit something I brought from home.”

 

She then passed me a medium size paper bag that she’s been holding on.

 

“Oh my… You don’t have to though...”

“It’s not just from me. My mom prepared it too.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.. She was a bit too excited after I told her that I have a study da—DAY! Yes, study day.. Y-you know a day focusing only for study. A-anyway, I rarely study together with my friends and usually I study like a night before the exam. So, when I told my mom yesterday, she was surprised and happy that I finally care with my studies and she wanted to give you this as token of gratitude.. for helping me.”

 

I don’t know why she rambles a lot, like she always tried to explain things so I won’t get the wrong idea but the truth is, I know what she meant and she didn’t really have to clarify anything. Like, I don’t have any other idea rather than what she’s actually trying to say. But she’s cute that way and most of the time, I’ll just smile and move along with it.

 

“I’m glad to help. And please send my thanks for her too…”

“Also, she said that maybe if you have time, you can visit our house and she’ll cook you something nice.”

“Oh my.. Maybe next time I’ll make a visit then.”

“Great! My house is always open so.. tell me anytime you free.”

“Talking about house… I haven’t invited you in. Come inside and here, you can wear this slipper.”

“Oh thank you.”

 

After that, we walked towards my room to begin our study. Just when I thought the walk to my room could be silent, Momo suddenly asked me question that I feared.

 

“Are your parents away? your house seems silent.”

 

At that question, I stopped and turned around to face Momo. Okay, here goes nothing..

 

“Firstly, I want to apologize to you for not telling this earlier.”

“O…okay?” her brows perked up and eyes got warry “What’s wrong?”

“It’s true that my parents are away… But they’re not living here with me.”

“That means…?”

“I live alone…”

“oh…”

 

That was the only respond she gave. I couldn’t really read her face. Its either she’s surprised, confused or… I don’t know. Then she scanned around the whole surrounding with her eyes—My living room, the open kitchen and hallway, and I don’t know why she did that… Was she feeling warry for being with me?

 

“Hey, if you feel uncomfortable with it, I could call Jih—”

“NO!!”

 

Momo yelled that and immediately cut my word. Well that’s a bit surprising..

 

“Ekhm… Sorry. I-I mean no, it’s fine. I’m not uncomfortable with it. I was just a bit surprised that you live in here all by yourself.”

“You sure?” She gave me a firm nod.

 

Oh, thank God. I thought she was uncomfortable with the situation…

 

“So uh… do you still want to study at my room?”

“Sure!”

 

We then continued our walked to my room.

 

“Hey Mina, I’m still curious. Why you live alone though? Why didn’t you go with your parents?” She asked in the middle of our walk.

“Hmm well… Long story short, my parents wanted to expand their business in overseas but because I’m too comfortable here and I didn’t want to try to adapt in another new environment, I tried to convince my parents to let me stay here.”

“and… they allowed it?”

“It wasn’t easy but yeah. They did. Especially after I found this apartment that apparently owned by my dad’s friend.”

 “And.. why they’re okay with it?”

“Because he can ask his friend to tighten the security at the lobby and he even asked different security system for my place. Which of course, the request had been granted.”

“Oh wow… a dedication of father’s love.” I don’t know why but I laughed at her responds.

“yeah, I guess so..”

 

After we arrived at my room, we then started our study session. I’m glad Momo wasn’t feeling awkward after knowing that I live alone. And well, I won’t say I didn’t get nervous studying just the two of us. But I’ve been wanting this to happen so I’ll try my best to burry my nervousness and fully focus on helping Momo.


Momo POV

It’s been nearly two hours after we began our study and if you think I got nervous after finding out that we’re going to be here alone, just the two of us… You’re not fully wrong but it didn’t disturb my concentration and if you also think that I got distracted by Mina’s domestic look, again! You are wrong.

Yes, yes. I was indeed stunned by her looks earlier when she greeted me. I mean I didn’t expect her to look as cute and cuddly as that. I expect her to wear something like dark hoodie and shorts or maybe just a simple t-shirt and short. But no. She wore an oversize sweater and gosh the way she waved at me with her sweater palm… just too adorable.

But! Once we arrived at her room and started the study session, I’m fully invested in this study thing so I tried my best to focus to Mina’s explanation.

Oh yeah… It’s not the usual problem-solving study thing that we’re doing. Mina really explained few subjects that I don’t understand from the beginning of it. Like she’s tutoring me.

Although yeah I would admit that I got spaced out while admiring her face for a second but after she called my name, I went full focus mode and determined not to get distracted.

 

I came here, asking for her help because I really in need of help. It’s not that I’m at the lowest rank in the school… It just I aimed to enroll in Nutritional Science Major and I need to jack-up my score this semester in order to pass the administration requirement. I could ask my friends’ help… But they are scary.

I’m a slow learner, like a very slow learner… and none of my friends have the patience to accept that. If I still couldn’t understand after being told like three times or more, some would get frustrated and some would just give up. But not with Mina. During class, I sometimes asked for her help and no matter how long it took for me to understand, she never showed any frustration. That’s why I decided to ask for her help.  

 

But now we’re on a break, a lunch break. All thanks to my stomach who embarrassingly growled in the middle of study session. Of course, Mina laughed at me. Yet, she offered to cook a lunch for me because of that. I guess this time, I need to thank myself.

 

Mina’s kitchen is an open one, with kitchen island as an exchange of dining table. I sat on one of the stools and just watched her preparing our meal. You know what? The best experience ever. Acrobatic teppanyaki chef won’t even win my heart.

I mean… look at her. I know all she did was just chopping some ingredients, toss it into the pan and such. But she looks so amazing. The way she tied her hair up, the apron, and God… When she puts her left hand on her hip while stirring the dish.. I just want to marry her.

Okay, well… that was a bit too much and too creepy…

But anyways! I’m going to taste Mina’s cooking for the first time!

 

“Hey Momo. Are you really okay with just eating omurice?” asked Mina

“Oh please this is more than enough! I feel bad for even troubling you like this.”

“Don’t be… I’ve been wanting to do this.”

 

Wait…. Was she saying what I think she was saying???

 

“Eum… W-wanting to do… what, exactly?” I asked, just to make sure that she meant what I think she meant.

“Cooking for someone. I usually cook and eat for myself… So, I wonder how people will react upon my dish.”

“Aah.. I see…” tsk. Damn I overthink it. I thought she meant that she’s been wanting to cook for me.

“I think it still take some time. You can look around the house if you want.”

“Really? okay then~”

 

After getting that permission, I jumped off of the stool and walked around her apartment.

Well, her apartment isn’t that big so there’s nothing much to explore… I think she only have 2 extra room including her bedroom, and also 1 bathroom. Despite only having few rooms, it didn’t feel crampy or small. The living room and hallway area is quite spacious... plus, the open kitchen makes it look bigger.

I doubt this one is cheap… highly doubt it. Not to mention the tight security protocol on the entrance lobby downstairs… okay well maybe that’s because the extra favor her father asked to his friend, but still… Only luxurious apartment complex who would accept such extra favor.

And I realize now… Mina definitely spends her entire time in her room. I mean, it’s not that her room is messy. It’s still tidy… But the amount of thing in that room compared to here… so different. The whole living room looked too tidy, like there’s no trace someone ever using it. Unless, Mina is a clean freak who’d clean everything at any time. And if it’s true... how could she even manage everything by herself?

 

“Hey Mina, can I ask you something?” I asked from the living room

“Sure. What’s wrong?”

“Since when were you starting to live alone?”

“First year of high school.”

“What?! Are you serious??” due to the shock, I ran towards the kitchen and slammed my hand on the kitchen island

 

Mina laughed at my reaction and in the middle of serving the cooked food, she gave me a nod

 

“How could you even manage to do everything?? Your study, your club activity, and then manage your house chores?? Also how do you even manage your laundry especially uniform preparation? You’re not like me who don’t have any club activity. You have football club and you’re very active in that… Don’t you ever get exhausted and ended up got troubled to prepare you uniform and such?”

“Well, actually for house chores I didn’t do everything by myself. My mom hired a daily caretaker to do the entire house chores so I’m not fully independent.”

“Caretaker? Like… maid?”

“Something like that. She came early in the morning to help prepare my breakfast and my uniform, then she cleans the entire house and went home at 3.”

“Whoa Mina… How rich is exactly are you?”

 

and she laughed at my dumb question.

 

“My family isn’t that rich… we have more than enough.” She paused a bit and then continued,

“I really don’t want my decision to stay here become a burden for my parents. I did try hard to find cheaper option for everything. But my parents always chose the pricey one and it led me to two options, either I follow what my parents want or go overseas with them.”

“You’re the only child, right? They’re probably just want the best for you and maybe they’ll be less worried with all these things they gave you.”

“Yes, you are right… Although everything is too pricey, it eases my daily life really well. So, I’m grateful for that.”

 

By the end of her word, she also done with plating the omurice perfectly and then she said,

“But anyways… Jaaajjaang~ The omurice is ready~”

 

The way she added that self-made sound effect while showing me the plate of omurice… It was SO ADORABLE!  

 

“Why are laughing?” Asked Mina who saw me trying to hold my smile. Damn it I should learn to control myself more.

“I’m not laughing. I’m just.. smiling. Yeah.”

“And why are you smiling?”

“I-it’s nothing. Just a bit surprised to know that you’re the type of person who like to add self-made sound effect like that.”

“Is it.. weird?”

“No! It’s cu—I mean it’s cool. Yeah it’s cool.”

“Cool?”

She didn’t seems convince and that made me respond with firm nods, hoping she’ll buy my lame covering. “Okay… Thanks… I guess?”

 

and all I did was giving her a big grin and a thumbs up. Why I did that? I genuinely didn’t know why. Being awkward in front of her is already my habit and somehow Mina used to it.

 

“Anyway… Shall we eat?” asked Mina.

“Sure!”

 

The omurice that Mina cooked, looked and smelled delicious. She also decorated the covered omelette with this (^_^) symbol made by ketchup. As soon as I took a bite of it…

 

“Oh ma gah. ish sho dewishush” and that made her giggled

“You can talk after you swallow that, Momo.”

 

nope I don’t want to make her wait for my respond. So instead of trying to swallow everything, I just covered my mouth with my hand and then said, “It’s delicious. Very delicious.”

With a very warm smile she then said, “Glad that you like it.”

“It tastes like how my mom usually made!”

“Actually… I learnt the recipe from my mom. Maybe that’s why it tastes like a mom’s cook?” with a rapid head shook I said,

“Or, you’re just so good at cooking! This is really really good, Mina. I love it! I can eat this every day!”

 

You might think I’m exaggerating things or I’m being bias because she’s the love of my life but no. It’s really really good! The egg was so soft and fluffy, the rice was so flavorful, the omurice sauce? Dang perfection. And I wasn’t lying when I said it taste like my mom’s cook.. because it really is.

 

“T-thank you…” Mina said that while smiling shyly. She was blushing and playing with the tip of her spoon… and you know what? My world suddenly paused.

“I… rarely got compliment for my cooking since I didn’t cook for others that much. So… it means a lot. And if you like it and want it… I uh… can made another dish later?”

 

I was too drown on her shyness that I ended up ignoring her. But soon I regained my composure after Mina called my name.

 

“Momo?”

“Oh! I’m sorry… Yeah! I’m looking forward to it! But uh… only if you don’t mind, of course.”

The previous shy smile, now turned to be warmer as she said, “It’s my pleasure.”

 

Really.. Mina is too perfect for this world. She is pretty, she is smart, she is athletic, she can cook, she is independent, she is rich yet very humble, she is cool and sometimes she is cute too… like… God must be in a very great mood when He created her…

But man! With just a day out of the school like this, I started to get to know her more and more. You know what? That makes me fall for her even more.


AUTHOR POV

Fast forward to Sunday, one day before the mid-term starts.

These past days, Momo had been coming to Mina’s house for study session every day. Including during school day. Usually, Mina had football practice after school but since it’s midterm preparation week, all club activities were being held so Mina got free time to help Momo.

Everything went great. It wasn’t just Momo starting to get the gist of every single subject that she’s bad at.. They also get closer and became more comfortable with each other. This progress had made Momo a little bit impatience with their status. The more comfortable they got, the more Momo fell in love with Mina and the eagerness to make Mina her girlfriend also became stronger.

Although she still not 100% confident, Momo decided to take a small step. Which is by giving hints to Mina about her feelings for her.

 

Currently, both Mina and her walking towards the bus stop. They already done with today’s lesson and Momo was going back home by bus. Like usual, Mina always walked her to the bus stop and Momo thought this is the right time to bring up the conversation.

 

“Hey Mina… I know we’re just getting close lately. But uh… can I ask you for an advice?”

“Sure.. what’s wrong?”

“Well uh… You see. There’s someone I kinda like.” Mina stopped walking for a bit after hearing that, surprised by it of course. she wasn’t expecting it.

 It’s a student from our school actually. She is so cool, pretty, smart, athletic, good at cooking, well she’s basically good at everything.” But Momo was too focus on rambling about her reason to even realized it.

 

After finally get a grip of herself, pretending that she’s fine, Mina tried to catch up with Momo’s step as she said, “Wow… seems like a great person.”

“She is! Oh god… She is the most amazing person I’ve ever seen in my life!”

 

At this moment, there were two different moods. Momo was nervous yet excited, yet Mina felt down. Completely broken-hearted. Mina didn’t exactly know who the person Momo was talking about because a girl who has description like Momo just mentioned is plenty. It was such a general description and not specific at all. Although Mina still had some believe that it might be her, she still felt like it wasn’t her.

 

“So, uh... what kind of advice you want me to give you?” asked Mina

“Well… there’s a slight problem. Although we hang out and talk often, this person seems didn’t see me the way I see her. Like she probably doesn’t have feelings towards me. Just a mere friend. I mean it’s also kinda my fault since I always ruin my image in front of her by doing something embarrassing… and she also laughed at me plenty time... But nonetheless! I still want to try and confess my feelings for her. So… what do you think? Should I keep going or just… give up?” Since Momo was nervous, she said it while looking at the ground and playing with fingers.

 

After hearing that, Mina was certain that it wasn’t her. She’s been constantly showed her care and adoration to Momo every single day, praising her, cooked her favorite food, listened to every story she wanted to tell.. definitely not her. And that fact not just made her sad, but also mad because how could someone dare to treat Momo that way.

 

“So… uh.. Mina? what do you think I should do?”

 

But Mina decided that it’s not her time to give up. So in the end she said

 

“Give up on that person.” And that, made Momo snapped her head up towards Mina

“You want me to… give up?”

“Yes.” Mina tried her best not to look like she’s mad even though her words were stern and colder than usual.

 

“Why?”

“Because I…” Momo’s eye brows perked up and head tilted as she waiting for Mina to continue her words…

“It just…”

 

Momo thought that all those unfinished words Mina said was some sign that the latter afraid that her words might be too blunt or might hurt Momo, so she decided to give assurance

 

“Don’t worry Mina. you can say anything. I prefer honest opinion.” Yes, Momo was totally oblivious about Mina’s feeling. In fact, both are so oblivious with each other’s feelings.

 

At first Mina wanted to confess, told her that it because she’s in love with Momo. But she’s afraid that it’ll ruin their friendship. So, she chose to say different reason.

 

“Well… I just thought that… why bother wasting your time to the person who doesn’t even see you? You don’t have to try to reach someone who keeps running away from you.”

“So… You want me to give up my feelings for her? Don’t confess my feelings at all?” Mina nod

“But it’s up to you. It’s your decision after all. Sorry if I came out too blunt.”

“Oh… No. no. it’s fine. You’re being honest and I’m thankful for that..”

 

After the conversation ended, both drown in each other thought. Momo was too surprised that Mina, the girl she loves asked her to give up chasing her. It also became a bit of a wakeup call for her too. She kinda realize Mina was right… painfully right.

While Mina, she was busy regretting all the time she wasted for only staring at Momo from a far instead of mustered her courage to talk to Momo earlier. Now it’s all too late.

 

As soon as they arrived at the bus stop, it time for them to bid goodbye.

 

“So uh… Thank you for today.” Momo said

Mina gave Momo a small smile and a nod, accepting her thanks. “See you tomorrow in school.”

And it’s Momo’s time to nod.

“Don’t sleep too late today, okay? Rest as much as you can.” Said Mina

“You too.”

 

The bus arrived and Momo rode it. But before she fully went in, she hung on the door and yelled at Mina

 

“Mina-ya! I’m sorry. But I think I won’t give up on her! Hehehe I’ll make her fall for me, you’ll see!” Momo said it with big smile on her face.

 

Mina couldn’t say a thing since Momo immediately went inside the bus and took a sit near the window. Mina also couldn’t help but waved her hand to Momo who’s also waving at her as the bus went away.

 

“Why can’t she just put her eyes on me instead…”

>><<

Friday, the end of midterm

At the blink of an eye, midterm week just finished.

Momo was ecstatic after it ends not just because she finally done with exam, but also because she felt confident with the result since she could finish most of it at ease.

Mina… well she never sees midterm as a burden. So, she wasn’t feeling any type of excitement. But she’s surely felt troubled… not because of the exam, but because of Momo and her unknown crush.

The conversation she had with Momo about her one-sided love, still troubled her throughout the midterm week. Although it didn’t ruin Mina’s concentration or effecting her capability to go through all the question at ease… but still it lingered on her brain and every time she saw Momo, pain was the only thing she felt.

 

Last Sunday, as soon as Mina went back from walking Momo to the bus stop, she called Jihyo and tried to look for comfort from her. But her one and only best friend gave reaction and solution that totally different with what Mina hoped for.

Jihyo nonchalantly told Mina not to worry about it. Like it wasn’t even a problem worth to be care of. Not just that, instead of trying to cheer her up, Jihyo encouraged her to force Momo to forget about her crush. She even told Mina to confess her feelings instead. As she said “go confess to her! Who would even want to say no to THE Myoui Mina? you’re literally the girl who has everything!”

At first, Mina refused the idea. She was too afraid that she won’t handle the rejection or even worst, ruin her friendship with Momo. But Jihyo always cheered for her every single day and it gained her confidence. So, after a deep thought about it, she determined that today… she’ll do it.

 

But, it’s already 7.30pm now yet Mina hasn’t even made an attempt to ask Momo anything. Despite Momo was here, in her house, since school ends yet all they’ve been doing were just playing some games and watched movies.

 

“Oh my, look at the time! I have to go home.” Said Momo

“wait!” Momo was surprised with Mina’s sudden yell. So did Mina and that’s why it made her turned into shy mode

“I-I’m sorry. it’s not that I don’t want you to go home. Just… there’s something I want to talk about before you leave.”

“Okay then.. sure. What is it?”

 

Mina exhaled for a second to calm herself and then asked, “About the girl you like… are you still trying to make her like you?”

“Yes! I haven’t done much these days since I wanted to focus on exam but next week, I’ll began my attempt!” Said Momo enthusiastically.

“What if… I don’t want you to do that?”

And all the brightness on Momo’s face, faded as it turned to confusion. “Why?”

“It just.. oh. Can’t you stop staring at me with that look?”

“hm? What look?”

“i-I don’t know.. lost puppy or something? I feel terrible for saying this.”

“P-puppy?”

 

Mina was too flustered to even see Momo was currently blushing after being told that she looked like a puppy.

 

“A-anyways… I uh… I’m telling you this because..” Like that time… Mina left her words hanging

“Because you don’t want me to waste my time, right? you told me that last time.”

“True.. But that not just my only reason..”

“Oh… then?”

 

“Okay Mina. now or never.” Said Mina in her thought

 

“Because I love you.” Said Mina while she looking at her carpet, completely nervous and unsure with her confession.

“W-what?”

 

Feeling like its best for her to face it in less embarrassment, Mina force herself to lift up her head and once again said the same sentence but with a lot more confident.

 

“Because I love you, Momo.” Mina exhaled her breathe to calm herself and continued, “I don’t want you to chase for another girl because I want you to be my girl instead. I want you to look only at me, and love me. That’s why.”

 

Momo was frozen on her spot. She didn’t say a thing, just stared at Mina in a really shocked face—eyes widen, eyes blinking slowly, and mouth slightly agape.

 

“I know it’s quite shocking because we’ve only been this close for a month. But the truth is, I’ve been hiding my feelings for you since last year… I thought us became friends could give me a chance to make you fall for me. But—”

“Wow! Hold on! Hold on!” Momo who finally awake from being stunned, interrupted Mina in full panic mode

“First of all, oh my god. Second, you like me?? You?? THE MYOUI MINA?”

“Why you make it sounds like I’m someone special? But yes.. I am.”

“Because you are! Oh god, how?? I mean.. the only thing I’ve ever did in front of you is just embarrassing myself? H-how could you even.. whoa…”

“You never embarrassed yourself in front of me.”

“No! don’t lie to me, Mina. You laughed at every single stupidity I did.”

“That wasn’t because I made fun of you… That because I found you cute.”

 

The stunned expression Momo had a while ago, came back as she heard what Mina said “Come again?”

“Your clumsiness, your whines, even when you cry because of a sad movie… I found it adorable. For me, despite you always look so tough with how you dress.. I find you cute. and I love you for being such a cute person. As simple as that.”

“I’m… cute?” and Mina nod at it.

 

Then suddenly Momo let out a sigh that followed with a whine.

 

“But I always try my best to look cool…” of course, Mina melted at that whine.

“W-why?”

“I thought because you’re a cool girl, you’d also prefer a cool girl. So, I always try my best to look cool but ended up embarrassing myself… and now you said that I’m cute not cool… hhh.”

“I’m not coo—Wait… What?”

“Mina… the girl I was talking about… it was you.”

And this time, Mina the one who got confused. “Eh?”

 

“Don’t you remember what I told you about the girl?”

 “That she’s is cool, pretty, smart, athletic, and good at cooking?”

“Right! isn’t that an obvious description of you?”

“Uh… no? a lot of people could fit that description…”

“Pshh… Of course, No? No one is as cool, pretty, athletic, and a good cook like you? I don’t even know people who fits that description other than you.”

“But I don’t see you only as a friend. I showed my adoration, I praised you, and I always freed my time for you.”

“How would I know that?? I thought you’re just being kind! Besides, how could you not know that I have feelings for you when I always stuttering and being all awkward in front of you?”

“Because I always thought that you’re naturally awkward with people?”

“No, I’m not!”

“Then how should I know that?”

 

There was a silent pause after that. Both of them just stared at each other, trying to process every single words that they’ve been throwing at each other. And after that, they just laughed. Realized how oblivious they are and how dumb this argumentation.

 

“Fair to say that both of us are oblivious with each other’s feelings..” Mina said.

“Yeah…” and now both of them looking at different sight as embarrassment and nerves started too kick back.

“So uh… what now?” Asked Momo as she scratched her nape.

“W-well… We know that we have the same feelings.. so uh.. maybe.. y-you know.. Do you wa—”

“YES!”

 

Momo’s overenthusiastic answer made Mina chuckled

 

“I haven’t even finished my question.”

“Oh. Right… sorry… Do it again! Do it again!”

 

Momo looked fidgety on her seat. Not because of nerves, but because of excitement. In Mina’s eyes, Momo was like a puppy who’s being told by their owner to wait before they could eat. Adorable? Yes. and Mina couldn’t help but smile at that

 

“Momo. Do you want to be my girlfriend?”

“Yes! Yes, I do!”

 

Both of them stared at each other while letting out a shy laugh. Blush were decorating their face, and butterflies filled their heart.

 

“Hey Momo… there’s something I always wanted to do..”

“W-what is it?”

“But uh… can you.. close your eyes?”

“C-close my eyes? W-why?”

“J-just… do it…”

“O-okay.”

 

Momo then did what Mina told her to do. She closed her eyes and wait.

 

“I will go near you… so don’t startled okay.”

 

Momo’s head started to get panic after Mina said that. Things Mina wanted to do with her, she had to close her eyes and need to close their distance?? The dots had been connected on Momo’s brain. And only one thing she could thing off. Started with K and end with S. So, with giddy and excitement, Momo straighten her posture and slightly pushed her head forward.

But to her disappointment, she got a hug instead. Not a kiss. And Mina could sense it.

 

“Were you expecting a kiss?” asked Mina while hugging Momo

“W-what? N-no! of course not..”

“You sure?”

Momo let out a sigh because she got caught “Okay fine. Yes I was expecting a kiss.”                                                                                                                          

Mina smiled hearing that kind of respond from Momo and then she said, “Maybe next time I’ll do it. But for now, could you hug me too?”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

 

Slowly Momo’s hand also replied Mina’s hug. The way Momo gave in after Mina promised her, and her tone when she asked Mina to make a promise made Mina giggled at her adorableness.

Well, if earlier Momo was disappointed for only getting a hug, now she changed her mind. Having Mina in her arm and heard her soft giggle right beside her ear, is the greatest feeling ever and she’s happy. Especially after Mina said,

 

“I love you. Momo.”

“I love you too, Mina.”



Author's Note:

And that's a wrap!!! 
Thank you for reading this and sorry for the late update...

Hope you all like how this story went and please do leave some kind words in the comment box or if you like it, you can just click the upvote button ^^

once again, thank you for reading my story and please look forward for my future stories!!

love, akkergo