000.1

 RENDEZVOUS : through the lens.  ( rendezvous revealed! )
Please log in to read the full chapter
 RENDEZVOUS  TEASER one

August XX 2023.

The spring in her steps is undeniable. The triumph mixed into her smile is unmistakable.

With the clear, morning sky and the light breeze blowing about, she felt that the world was on her side.

Rian—Miss Song Rian—successfully secured her trainee contract with Prism Entertainment!

Rendezvous’s company!

I knew I could do it, her smile stretches even wider, barely containing the giddiness she’s felt since yesterday evening. The giddiness that nearly burst out of her when her parents allowed her to sign the contract, after an eternity of poring over the details.

Well, it was probably only about an hour.

But still!

Rian knew she could make it. She refused to accept defeat the first time she auditioned for Prism, when there was no phone call or email that arrived within that month. 

Nor did she give up after the second time auditioning, or the third time, or the fourth. 

And so on.

But the past two years at the K-Pop academy paid off. Her 11-year-old self would be screaming her head off if she knew. She dreamed of this for years.

And now she’s one step closer to being Rendezvous’s labelmate!

The company’s building towers over her as she walks closer. Rian’s almost burning the image in front of her into her psyche.

Or perhaps it’s the sunlight in her eyes.

Anyway! The very building before her wasn’t the one that she used to walk past and stare at with awe. No, it wasn’t the one that Rendezvous and Vesper spent their training years in.

This was a new one. Sleek, minimal, and much more grand in architecture compared to the unassuming, humble abode they’d started with. Granted, Rian was a bit upset she won’t ever be able to train in the same practice rooms they trained in. Nor would she debut and have access to the iconic, exclusive studios reserved for the debuted idols—

But this was going to be her second home now. 

Rian could see her own reflection as she approaches the glass doors, anticipation bubbling in her stomach.

In front of her, the fingerprint door lock system was embedded just beside the entrance. 

With her thumb outstretched, she presses her finger firmly onto the pad.

She hears the beep from the system and the whir of the door lock.

Whipping her head towards the door, she can’t help but watch the giddy smile slip out through her reflection.

Song Rian, Prism trainee.

It all starts now.

With a simple push, the door swings open.

A new world awaits.

 

“Hello!” Rian bows, mustering the brightest smile she could in front of the other trainees, “I’m Song Rian, it’s a pleasure to meet all of you!”

The trainee manager beside her takes the floor from there, going on a mini spiel about treating their new addition well. The trainees all stood attentively, occasionally giving Rian a curious glance.

Rian could feel her heart beating against her chest. She’s struggling not to crease her sacred trainee schedule in her hands, forcing her chin up and scanning the Prism trainees in the room.

Her fellow trainees! Despite the nerves, Rian’s smile stretches even wider. 

She’s one of them now—

“Okay!” The trainee manager claps her hands together, “That settles it.”

Oh. Rian perks up. Focus, focus.

The lady turns to her, “You can go ahead and join them, Rian. The dance instructor will be coming in soon.” 

Another trainee, a girl about Rian’s age, approaches with a smile matching Rian’s enthusiasm. The manager gives the trainee a pat on the shoulder, “If you need any he

Please log in to read the full chapter