Chapter 4

Till Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is the start of the third week since the virus outbreak happened, and Momo never thought of waking up with the delicious smell of cooked bacon again. Confusion is noticed on her face upon her unfamiliar surroundings, the realization hits remembering the encounter she had yesterday with Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung.

 

A sleepy moan snaps Momo from deep thought seeing Sana getting in a more comfortable position still sleeping.

 

“Sana” Momo woke her friend up. Sana stretched and side hugged her friend.

 

“Is it just me? Or am I smelling bacon in the morning?”

 

Sana croaked out still hugging Momo.

 

Momo chuckled “there is a bacon smell indeed. Now get up,” she said as he headed outside the bedroom. A smile formed on her face when she saw Jeongyeon playing with Boo in the small living room while Chaeyoung was flexing her archery talent. Momo can’t deny that she finds these two girls entertaining and fun to be around.

 

“Breakfast is ready, eat before the four of you head outside!” Irene ordered as she placed a chopped apple plate on the table.

 

Momo’s mouth started to water as she looked at the sandwiches and fruits in front of her. They really managed this apocalypse well. She shyly sat followed by Sana and the six of them started to eat, of course after Wendy prayed.

 

“I was staring out of the window a few minutes ago and I noticed something” Wendy stated “some soldiers were walking around on the street but they already turned into zombies. I guess even the military can’t win over them”

 

Jeongyeon sighed disappointingly “even with their guns and vehicles”

 

“That’s terrible” Chaeyoung frowned “I wonder how long are we going to survive”

 

Irene gritted her teeth as the atmosphere became depressing and sad and as the older one she needs to embrace their fear “as long as we are strong and willing to live we will survive” she stated “now take the leftovers with you and come back before sunset”

 

Wendy placed a paper on the table and Jeongyeon was the first to reach it “food ( vegetables, fruits, canned food, etc…), sanitary pads, candles, batteries, flashlights, knives, or anything sharp, blankets, clothes, talkie walkie” she read.

 

“You exaggerated a bit” Chaeyoung sighed “we won’t be able to bring them all”

 

“Bring as much as you can today” Irene sighed “and I guess we need to change our safe place soon. I am anxious about the snatchers more than zombies”

 

“Yeah. zombies can be killed with one hit” Sana explained “but snatchers are” she frowned as she rememebred how many times she was followed by them. Momo held her hand and smiled.

 

“It’s okay”

 

Jeonyeon took a deep breath and got up “let’s go girls, we have a few stuff to bring”

 

~~

 

The four of them headed outside the building, as always Jeongyeon was always in the front followed by them. Luckily the street was empty of zombies as they headed to another city to hunt more humans.

 

Not so much passed and they were a few miles away from their safehouse. Sana nudged Chaeyoung and pointed at a shop.

 

‘Kimichi grocery shop’

 

They read, Jeongyeon nodded as a cue and they entered the shop. Chaeyoung made sure she closed the door behind them while they their flashlights.

 

“What a mess” Jeongyeon stated.

 

 

“Since the shop is empty, let’s grab our stuff and leave,” said Chaeyoung “but first let me check the cashier register”

 

Using a knife, Chayeoung managed to open the drawer and tall all the money in it.

 

“I really don’t understand why are you obsessed with money. No one is using them at the moment” Jeongyeon nagged while Sana and Momo watched the two bicker.

 

“I have more than 5,000$ now if the pandemic ended I will be rich and no one will know” she giggled.

 

Jeongyeon smiled at her friend’s thoughts and behaviors before each one of them headed to a different section, they grabbed as much as they can and sq

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter