Chapter 3

Till Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sana and Momo stood still while looking down at the hungry snatchers. They can kill zombies but killing a human is still hard for them. Momo’s hands shake as she grips the ax’s knob. The man reaches out his hand toward them when a bullet hits his head, his body falls hard against the surface. Everyone gasps and looks around trying to find who took the shot

Jeongyeon shot the first man while Chaeyoung hit the second with her arrow. From the noises coming from inside the hotel building, they knew more were coming.

Jeongyeon ran to the stairs followed by Chaeyoung “let’s go” she nervously helped Momo and Sana come down. The oldest is helping the other two Chaeyoung watching their backs in case of an enemy attacked them. “Jeongyeon we are in trouble,” Chaeyoung said while pointing her arrow at a zombie running toward them.

“We should run away” Momo added as she stood in front of Jeongyeon. The four girls stared at each other. Sana and Momo couldn’t believe that they finally found normal humans.

The four girls began to run aimlessly around them. Chaeyoung wanders her eyes trying to find a place that is not bolted shut for them to hide “Here” Chaeyoung says quickly spotting a big dark supermarket open. Once they entered the dark place faint snarls are heard around them.

“” Jeongyeon cursed as a zombie was walking around inside “go” she mouthed to Chaeyoung to hide underneath the desk followed by Sana. While Momo was facing Jeongyeon from the other side, she had her eyes on the zombie and the snatcher that had just entered. She pointed at the empty can near Jeongyeon’s leg “throw it to the snatcher” she mouthed. Jeongyeon complied and the zombie caught the snatcher as he followed the noise source before the latter can react.

The four girls ran outside the shop, luckily no one was outside. Chaeyoung was the first to stop in one of the alleys.

“That… Was… Epic” Chaeyoung said while catching her breath.

“I… Made two… Headshots today” Jeongyeon added and high-fived her best friend. Sana and Momo exchanged stares and smiles before they cleared their throats catching their attention.

Chaeyoung sat on the ground and stared at the two “I am Chaeyoung, this is my friend Jeongyeon”

“I am Sana and this is Momo” she giggled “it’s been a long time since we saw someone normal”

Jeongyeon nodded “glad to hear that, now excuse us we need to go before sunset”

Chaeyoung grabbed her friend’s arm while smiling awkwardly at them “dude, why are you escaping. Maybe they need a shelter”

“Irene and Wendy are waiting for us we need to take what we found. We can’t have more people with us!”

“They can help us, they survived like us! We can at least make them stay at our place”

Jeongyeon groaned irritably “fine”

“You are soft-hearted my friend” Chayeoung grinned before Jeongyeon pushed her away.

“So, you two can stay at our place for tonight. We need to grab what we found then we can head there” Chaeyoung stated proudly while Jeongyeon was rubbing her ear nonchalantly.

“We are fine we-”

“No discussion. It’s okay” Chaeyoung cut off Sana. The latter looked at Momo who nodded and the four girls walked toward the pickup truck they found earlier. Chaeyoung carried the box full of canned food, water, and batteries. Silence filled the place. Jeongyeon’s eyes are fixated on Momo who was trying to balance herself on the sidewalk. She would smile to herself when Momo would fall. While Chaeyoung was looking around at the buildings and sighing as she remembers how they were full of life and stories and now they are empty and lifeless.

A few minutes passed…

"We are home!"

Jeongyeon, the savior cheerfully exclaimed upon setting foot in the safe house both friends share among other survivors, her big smile is short-lived when suddenly, an item passes by in a blur hitting the girl's savior square in the face, she could not stop herself from hitting the ground. Hard.

A woman towered her both hands on her hips fuming in anger. Sana, Momo, and Chaeyoung who still holding the box of supplies stood there stunned scared to even intervene at this moment.

The woman sits up mumbling incoherent words while grimacing.

"Was that necessary?" Groaned Jeongyeon in question, massaging her now red nose, "and what the did you hit me with? It was so painful was that a shoe?"

"An iron skillet- of course, my shoe you dumb !" A sarcastic response came afterward from the brown-haired woman, "I'm so happy you're alive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter