Chapter 1

Till Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This fanfic is co-written by "ByulSunHwaEein" Enjoy it.

------------------------------

Till Death: Pilot.

Thursday, May 1st, 2022

10: 00 am.

Loud chatter fills in a small private room filled with angry and scared politicians, a middle-aged man steps inside the loud room grimacing at how loud it is. "Enough! Enough!" His voice rang higher than the others combined becoming annoyed by their behavior, making them submit to his presence, "I know this is a challenging time, but we need to work together" He continued calming them down, but clearly, they are still nervous and scared.

"This is spiraling out of control;" spoke a man in his late thirties who starts after a minute of silence, seated on the round table, and looks uneasy. "The increase of the population is impacting hard on our economy. Food sources have grown limited, medical supplies as well"

"If nothing gets resolved, soon, everything will collapse. We need a solution" A woman spoke out after the man, trying to keep her composure, failing in hiding it. "This is why I set up this meeting," Spoke to the man to whom everyone submitted.

"Throughout these...dreadful few months we have been struggling to find a solution to the overgrowth of our population. Running low on food, to feed the people, their families- our families. Even children. I stand here today to announce that we have finally...found the solution to our problem" Everyone begins to whisper between themselves of this sudden information, "I'm proud to present to you, our salvation." He proudly tells as the answer to their problem steps through the door.

~~

"Come on Chae, I'm tired!" exclaimed Jeongyeon tiredly as they walked down the ghostly streets under the late starry night sky, Jeongyeon's short friend Chaeyoung grumbles to herself stepping foot in the seven-eleven store with Jeongyeon right on her heels continuing to whine. A bored 'welcome' came from the man behind the register looking at his phone without sparing a glance, to which Chaeyoung returned the same gesture.

Chaeyoung begins to browse the frozen section to find the specific item they need. But the constant whining is making Chaeyoung's job harder to focus "Aish you're so annoying" Comes Chaeyoung's response.

She turns around to face the taller woman, having enough of this act. "We wouldn't be here at 10 pm looking for this damn ice cream if you didn't eat it in the first place!" Rants out Chaeyoung successfully shutting the older up "I even added a note saying 'If ostrich sees don't eat' note on it" continued Chaeyoung earning a pouting from her friend tilts her head to the side scratching the top of her head confused. "There was a note?"

Chaeyoung closes her eyes and groans, the knowing headache building up right now because of her friend. "Let's just get this damn mint chocolate Ice cream, for our friend's birthday cake later" Chaeyoung grabs the ice cream grumpily and places it in front of the bored cashier; he gets up from his chair with the 'so unfair' attitude to scan the item. While the girls waited, the familiar theme song of the local news came along with the reporter looking frantic.

Reporting sort of chaos and fire in the background. The girls see the news as people in the background are running for their lives, accidentally bumping into the cameraman and reporter. "Isn't that nearby?" asks Jeongyeon after the reporter said the area where the chaos is happening, deep in her gut Chaeyoung knew something was up and they needed to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter