STAFF

  BEFORE WE SHINE ✧ ˊˎ˗ THE TRUE LIFE OF A TRAINEE — APPLY OPEN
BEFORE WE SHINE
STAFF
MOON HAEJIN
문해진
04/10/80
ENTJ
Haejin is a former idol that debuted back in 1997 under WIN  entertainment in the boy group T.K.O. Coming from a smaller company and competing with groups like H.O.T, Sechskies, Shinhwa, and G.O.D, they did fairly well for themselves selling over 5 million albums during their 6 year career. They were considered one of K-pop’s first highly successful boy groups. After their contract ended in 2003, the five boys went their separate ways with only Haejin remaining in the company, he continued as an actor and had a few solo singles that did okay on the charts. It was obvious that the peak of his career was behind him, so he left WIN ent in 2006 and decided to go to college. In 2007 Haejin found an interest in real estate through a friend, he bought his first five story building that same year and by 2010 he owned five buildings and flats. Haejin made a name for himself as an idol turned real estate tycoon. Known as one of the richest idols with a net worth of over $100 million usd. He was living a life of luxury, even got married to an heiress and longtime fan of his. But part of him still missed the idol life which inspired him to take a risk and invest in his own entertainment company, Solis Entertainment, to debut K-pop’s next biggest group. He's known for his outgoing and friendly personality that has the ability to make anyone feel comfortable. But when it comes to performing he becomes a nitpicking perfectionist that doesn't shy away from long rants about his prime.
.
FOUNDER
CEO
KWON SUYEON
권수연
06/19/86
ESTJ
Suyeon is a long time friend to Haejin and one of the only people that can shut him up from talking too much. As the trainee coordinator, Suyeon is the main person in charge of the trainees. If anyone goes missing or things go wrong, she's expected to fix it and reinforce the rules. She's blunt, loud and will embarrass you in front of all your friends. Try to hide out to skip practice and she'll find your hiding spot and drag you by your ear back to the training room. She might be scary but low-key has a soft spot and really just wants to see everyone succeed even though the chances are rare.
.
TRAINEE COORDINATOR
KIM YEONWOO
김연우
02/16/96
ENTP
Yeonwoo aka thing 1 according to Suyeon, started off as a manager at Haejin's cafe, she impressed him with her bright attitude and the ability to always remember his order. Thats what got her her position at the company, but Yeonwoo is a hot mess with a bad habit of talking to herself. She's clumsy and has a hard time saying no which causes her to have too much on her plate. As the manager, she basically does everything Suyeon doesn't want to do and is in charge of handling any issues and drama at the girls dorms no matter the time of day.
.
MANAGER
JUNG MINOH
정민오
10/05/96
INFP
Minoh, aka thing 2 and Minho according to Suyeon is a straight out of college mamas boy that got the job by chance by applying online. He studied business management in college so technically he's qualified but he has no prior work experience. He's basically terrified of Suyeon, he just doesn't want to get yelled at so he's always by the book and an anxious mess. He's naive and trusts others easily because he's a terrible liar himself. Like Yeonwoo he's in charge of the boys dorm, and is currently running on his usual iced americano with five extra shots and three hours of sleep.
.
MANAGER
BANG DAEMIN 
방대민
06/10/92
ISTP
Daemin is a self taught hiphop dancer that made a name for himself through competitions and being a backup dancer for many idols. He became a choreographer at 1million dance studio in 2015. Through that he got the opportunity to choreograph for many groups and is known for his hard hitting choreographies like miroh by stray kids and first by everglow. He seems intimidating at first glance, especially when he's dancing but he's actually just a big shy and awkward teddy bear that still blushes at compliments. His dance classes are always a good time since he's so easy going but that doesn't mean they're easy. Danielle has been his girlfriend for the last five years and together their choreos are on a whole other level, some of their creations are butterfly by loona, the stealer by the boyz and peaches by kai.
.
DANCE TRAINER
CHOREOGRAPHER
DANIELLE OH
오다니
08/17/90
ESFJ
Danielle was born in London but raised in Paris and attended the Paris Opera Ballet from a young age. She came from a family of ballet dancers so she had high expectations on her. Straight out of graduation she got signed to an elite ballet company and performed all over the world. When she discovered hiphop dancing she gave up ballet to her parents dismay and developed her own dance style mixing hiphop, ballet and contemporary. She's known for her fluid yet sharp dances that are a lot harder than they look, she's worked with idols such as Taemin, Enhypen, NCT and Seventeen on numerous occasions with her most well known works being 7th sense by nct, move by taemin, don't wanna cry by seventeen and fever by Enhypen. She's a lot more outgoing than her awkward boyfriend and coming from the harsh ballet world she's a lot more brutal too. It's not uncommon to see tears during her class but she makes sure everyone leaves happy.
.
DANCE TRAINER
CHOREOGRAPHER
LIM WOORI
임우리
06/21/89
INFJ
Woori is the soft spoken vocal trainer that can never hurt a fly. She did musical theatre as a kid and later became a busking music major in college. But now she can mostly be found in the OSTs of your favorite dramas and on the songwriting credits of your favorite songs. She thinks everyone can sing, it's just a matter of finding their voice and she's determined to find the voice of every trainee. Even if the trainee doesn't have the strongest vocals or the widest range, she thinks the overall feel matters the most. She's currently happily married.
.
VOCAL TRAINER
SONGWRITER
KANG JAESUNG
강재성
01/02/91
ISTJ
Jaesung isn't there to make friends or be nice to the trainees, he's there to make legendary idols. As one of the strictest trainers, he's highly feared by everyone and can probably break a world record for how many sighs of disappointment he lets out in a day. He's a classically trained opera singer and takes pride in his vocal abilities. Not once is he seen without his scarf and some honey lemon tea. A little flamboyant at times with his nose high like he's the best in the room, well lets be honest he does think he's the best. It's hard to impress him, he hears every little mistake and won't hesitate to make you do it again and again while glaring at you. His criticism is harsh but unlike Danielle, he doesn't care if you leave his lessons crying.
.
VOCAL TRAINER
DO YOUNGHAN
도영한
12/09/90
ENTP
Younghan is the friendliest guy you'll ever meet. He made a name for himself in the underground rap scene in high school. In 2010 he became a trainee at bighit preparing to debut in a hiphop group but left when he found out bts was a kpop group instead. Bang Sihyuk didn't want to give up on him so he offered him a spot as a producer and that's where he's been as one of the main producers and songwriters for bighit under the alias YVNGHVN. He got transferred to Solis as a gift to Haejin from his old friend Bang Sihyuk to help him out. Technically it's his first time as a rap trainer but he's definitely qualified. When him and Woori come together they make hits and there's a little unrequited love going on. He's always been a trainee favorite even at Bighit. He thinks making music is fun and there's no such thing as hard work with no play. His studio is always open for anyone who just wants to hide out or get creative or just chill. 
.
RAP TRAINER
PRODUCER
SONGWRITER
YOOK HAESOL
육해솔
11/13/94
INTJ
Remember when I said everyone was scared of Jaesung? Yeah, scratch that cause even he's scared of Haesol. No one knows much about where she came from, or any info about her at all. Rumor has it that her parents are hella rich with a bunch of connections which is how she was able to be credited on so many hit songs without being tied to a company. If you look at the back of your favorite idol's album, you'll probably see her alias Haze in the end credits. But Haesol likes the mystery surrounding her, she isn't a people person. She disappears and comes back with hit songs, Younghan calls it haebernation and she still doesn't find it funny. The only time you'd spot her besides at monthly evaluations and recordings is when she leaves her studio to smoke, other than that her door is always locked and she doesn't like being disturbed either.
.
COMPOSER
PRODUCER
SONGWRITER
LEE GYURI
이규리
03/25/93
ESFJ
Many people look down on woman trainers, but Gyuri is a force to reckon with. She had her struggles with weight as a teen but fitness helped her find her strength both physically and mentally, now she's a strong advocate for healthy diets and mental health. She's been a personal trainer for the last few years and winner of a few local body building competitions. She has no problem voicing her opinions and concerns on anything and fighting for what she believes in. Even if that includes screaming at misogynistic men. She's currently in a happy relationship with her girlfriend of three years.
.
TRAINER
DIETITIAN
ANDREW JANG
장환석
02/23/94
ISTJ
Andrew is your favorite anti social know it all language teacher. Born in New Zealand but raised in too many countries to count, Andrew considers himself a language master. His parents were scientists so he moved often and didn't have the opportunity to make long lasting friends. He enjoyed learning the languages of the countries he was at but still lacked the social skills to not seem like a robot. He studied linguistics at Stanford University and after graduating he worked as an english teacher and translator in different countries. He's known for being really smart but also kind of oblivious and gives extra homework so he isn't that popular among trainees, although he does mean well.
.
LANGUAGE TEACHER
CHOI MIRAN
차미란
09/22/89
ENFP
Miran is the eccentric acting trainer that never seems to get out of character. She always loved theatre and art but never cared about making it as a big actress or the money. Instead she found joy in teaching young students the art of acting, open mic poetry nights and performing in local plays. Miran embodies the stereotype that artists are crazy, a true hippie at heart she always walks barefoot during her lessons and basically speaks in poems. Some might call her and her methods crazy because they don't get how crawling around the room pretending to be  your spirit animal helps with acting but she generates great results.  
.
ACTING TRAINER
HAN DONGWON
한동원
12/20/88
ESTP
No staff is complete without the over the top gay male employee and that's Dongwon. Forget coordi noona, coordi hyung is where it’s at. If you ask him where he’s from he’d say, “new york upper east side sweetie” but he’s actually from the countryside of Jeju. He went from being a country boy to a FIDM graduate to now being a celebrity stylist by day and a drag queen that goes by the name Devonna by night. He's in charge of choosing the looks for performances and photoshoots with Sohye as his right hand woman. As a performer himself he’d be at monthly evaluations to give his opinions and he’s not afraid to tell the harsh truth. He's savage and sassy but it's all so you don't look like a hot mess honey.
.
HEAD STYLIST
PARK SOHYE
박소혜
09/28/97
ESFP
Sohye is the baby of the staff, your typical valley girl. If there was a korean version of mean girls, she'd be casted as Karen Smith. She's a well known influencer in Korea with millions of followers on YouTube, Instagrm and TikTok. She mostly does makeup tutorials, social media was her main job but she also had the opportunity to get sponsorships and work with celebrities before. She has a bubbly and very friendly personality, not the smartest cookie in the jar but she just wants everyone to be happy and have a good time.
.
MAKEUP ARTIST
CHOI MINGUK
최민국
06/17/85
ENFP
As the first face people see when they step foot in Solis Entertainment, Minguk is a friendly and polite guy. He was good friends with Haejin during their military service and is grateful for the job opportunity. He knows all the ins and outs of the company since all calls has to go through him and he sees everyone that comes through the door. That also means that he has to deal with everyone's crap and their attitudes too, even though its hard sometimes he tries his best to remain optimistic.
.
SECURITY RECEPTIONIST