02.

Sickly sweet | Oh Sehun/Kai

 

 

 

Kai wakes up again hearing the cry of his kids. But before he moves from his bed, the cries stop and he can hear his husband’s voice.

 

“Shhh baby, dada is here. Now let’s sleep okay?” Kai can hear his husband saying. And then he heard him singing a lullaby. Kai smiles as he hears it. His husband is best when it comes to lullabies and storytelling. His husband has a soothing voice that can calm anyone.

 

Kai walks to the next room beside the King’s bedroom.

 

Sehun is laying on his armchair without a shirt. And babies are sleeping on his broad chest. His husband is securing them on his chest with one hand while his free hand is patting their back gently. They are big babies to do that now, to sleep on their father’s chest together. Sehun’s whole chest is covered with the two babies.

Chanyeol is standing beside the King. Holding a small baby blue blanket. Look like their captain is also taking part in babysitting. As Kai enters, hearing his footsteps Sehun looks up at him, with a smile.

 

“Kai-ah.” He mutters softly, without disturbing their sons’ peaceful sleep.

 

“Hyung, when did they wake up?” Kai asks as walking toward his husband.

 

“Oh, they woke up an hour ago,” King replied

 

“Really? Why didn’t you wake up me then?” Kai asks standing beside him and placing his hand on the babies, checking their body temperature. They still have a fever, but it’s not severe as before.

 

“Baby, go eat something. I will look after them until then.” Sehun said, with a stern look, knowing his husband is going to refuse if not.

 

“But -okay then,” Kai replied, getting the blanket from Chanyeol’s hand before draping it over the babies and leaving the room.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

Sehun knows he should get some rest, he only got time to wash and changed before his babies wake up. But his husband is more tired than him.

 

Even though they can have many people to look after their babies, while they attend to their duties, Sehun and Kim Kai don’t do that. Especially after what happened before they were born. They can’t trust anyone but themselves and few people they have a special relationship with them. So the royal princes are limited to a few people. Other than the Royal couple, Prince Luhan, Prince Kyungsoo, the Kim family, and Chamberlin Kim Junmyeon only trust Secretary Byung, Secretary Kim, Captain Park, Sub Captain Kim Jongdae, the princes’ two nannies, and the Royal Doctor around the princes. And even after giving birth to two princes and now they are nine months along, His highness Kim Kai still doesn’t return to full duty as Queen.

Prince Geayeong, as his name is Oh Jae In is the eldest of twins. He has almost all the features of King, Sehun except, his tan skin like his mother Kim Kai. The eldest prince is also a ball of energy. Always crying for the attention of their parents. And he especially likes to carry or sleep with his father, Sehun.

And Prince Jiyeong as his name is Oh Dae In is the polar opposite of his brother. He has the same skin tone as his mother and has the same lips and eyes. And he is the calm one of the twins, he doesn’t cry easily. But always curious about everyone and everything. And he is a mama boy. Always clings to Kai, even though he likes to sleep on Sehun's chest.

 

Sehun looks down at his chest, his two babies are sound asleep, and both of their faces are planted on his skin. They are whimpering from time to time. King wants to take away their pain. Seeing his sons crying makes his heartbreak. But now with them sleeping, he feels relief. He is glad his sons had taken likes to sleep on his chest. So now it helps him to take care of them for his husband.

Soon Sehun is also fallen asleep with their sons secure on his chest.

 

~

 

 

When Kai enters the room after finishing his meal and getting his babies’ milk bottles and medicines, what he saw makes his lips curl into a fond smile.

 

His husband and his eldest son were fast asleep. But his youngest son is awake. He was laying on his father’s chest without disturbing others. Surely his son doesn’t have any energy with him being sick. But his tiny eyes are wide open and curiously looking at the outside from the open window.

 

Chanyeol bows seeing Kai. Kai placed two milk bottles and medicine on the table and pull out his mobile phone to take pictures of his family in quiet.

 

Then he walks to them and picks up Princes Jiyeong, with a smile.

 

“My baby Dae, when did you wake up?” Kai coos as he carried him away from the sleeping father-son duo.

 

“Ma~” Dae-in hugs Kai’s neck with his tiny arms. His voice is not cheerful as usual. But Kai is glad at least his son is feeling well little.

 

“Did you miss mama, baby?” Kai kisses his chubby cheeks. And his son giggles a little.

 

Kai sits on the couch and signals to Jongdae who came with him. he took one milk bottle and put the medicine before mixing it. And hand over it to Kai.

 

“Let’s drink this okay? I will give you cookies.” Kai said with a smile before adjusting his baby on his lap.

 

“Ki-Ki” baby blabbers making Kai chuckle.

 

“Yes, baby cookie. You like it right?” Kai coos. Placing the bottle on his lips, Dae-in grabs it with his tiny hands, sipping the milk while looking at his mother.

 

“Good boy. Dae-in is a good boy.” Kai coos and glances at his husband who is now awake and looking at them.

 

“Hyung, Is he also awake?” Kai asks. Sehun shakes his head looking at his chest.

 

“No. but he will wake up soon because he heard your voice,” Sehun said smiling, before adjusting him on his chest.

 

“If he wakes up can you feed his bottle? Feeding him is the difficult part.” Kai replied. As in cue said baby wake up. And looks up.

 

“Da~” he babbles as he tries to sit on the King’s chest. Sehun picks up him and kisses his cheeks, cooing.

 

“Dada is here baby, let’s go and join with mama and Dae-in. Ah?” Sehun said as he carries him toward the couch and sits beside Kai. As the eldest twin saw his brother being fed by his mother he wiggles on the Sehun’s arms, trying to move toward his mother.

 

“Ma~!”

 

“My baby Jae is feeling well now ah? Look at your shouting baby.” Kai moves his head toward his eldest son and places a kiss while continues his feeding to the youngest son on his lap. Even though Sehun tries to pry away from him from Kai, he holds his mother’s face with his chubby fist giggling as Kai kisses him.

 

“baby Jae should also eat. So you can get cookies too.” Kai replies to the giggling child.

 

“Ki-Ki!” Jae In shouts happily before letting his father place him on his lap. Sehun holds his bottle to his mouth chuckling. As soon as Jae In gets a few sips, he refuses to drink more and looks at Sehun with his puppy eyes.

 

“Ki-Ki” he babbles. Sehun groans internally. Why his son takes after him much. His eldest son knows how to get things even at an age like this.

 

“Baby, you will get one after you drink this,” Sehun replied. While Kai chuckles.

 

“Ki-Ki” his son mutters pouting and he babbles to make his brother stops drinking too. He also starts to refuse his bottle muttering the same thing as his brother.