2 - 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟕

_____________________________

 

Music in the background, guests laughing and drinking, waiters bringing the liquor and food to table after table. Jazz bar was that packed with many people. It was filled with guests unlike any other day where almost all the seats were unoccupied. Most of the guests were filled with wealthy people, waiting for the star tonight to show herself.

After all, she was a rising artist. Appearing in daily newspapers and her songs being played on the radio, her singing and dancing skills were unmatched. It was enough potential to be crowned as the artist of the year.

A few minutes had passed, the show was about to start. The manager, Ms. Anne was anxious, rehearsing the lines she arranged before the show starts. She was a new bar manager who made the bar 5 months ago. Sacrifices were made to build the bar and today is the day Jazz bar would get recognition and would be well known.

However, she became more anxious after the problem a while ago. Although it was fixed, the replacement for tonight’s dancer was making her worry.

Minji Walker, an unknown woman appearing out of nowhere, filling the missing spot. The woman was confident about her words and Ms. Anne, who was suspicious of her, was hesitant but gave the woman a chance to prove herself. She did not want to disappoint the audience for cancelling the show.

Knock-knock.

Someone was knocking the room Ms. Anne was in. “Come Inside!” she said.

Opening the door to take a peek was Miss Siyeon Lee, the assistant manager or the so-called “wolf"of Jazz bar. The nickname was given to her by the waiters for her face resembled that of a wolf, a beautiful one. It hasn’t been long since she worked, but her performance in work were outstanding and was promoted immediately as an assistant manager.

Bora? the show is about to start. Why are you still here?” she said confused. Bora’s lips smiled at Siyeon, but her eyes were frantic. Siyeon noticed this and quickly got in the room.

“Is something wrong? You’re smiling but your eyes are telling me something different." she said while kneeling down to match Bora’s height. She held Bora’s hand and soothed her. She was worried for her.

“I’m okay, it’s just that… I’m scared that tonight might be ruined."

“Why is it that you are scared?” Siyeon said while looking into Bora’s eyes that were still frantic. 

“There was a problem backstage, but it’s fine now." Bora replied not wanting to share more.

Siyeon understood this and gave her a hug. “Bora don’t worry, everything will be fine. You’ve worked hard to get this far. It’s okay to be afraid, I’m right here with you." comforting words pouring out of Siyeon with sincerity. Bora felt warm and fuzzy inside, she smiled leaning into Siyeon's hug more.

Bora already noticed this a long time ago, she felt something weird for her. She never really understood what this feeling meant. Siyeon was the only person who made her feel this way.

She was there for her when she was vulnerable, kept her safe in her arms and soothed her with words. Those hands that held hers when she's anxious and scared. A sweet smile displayed on her soft lips, she'd stare at it for hours if it was possible. Her eyes were sharp and alluring, it became Bora's favorite. Siyeon's nose was perfect, her lips were luscious, and those squishy cheeks when she looked sulky...

She was perfect in her eyes...

It was as if they were destined to fill each other's emptiness and be with each other. It was a wonderful feeling, but this is not something she should feel towards someone who is just a friend. 

Especially if it's a girl. It's impossible, this is wrong.

Siyeon giggled, "If we stay like this, the show's not gonna start." "Ah yes, I'm sorry." Bora said feeling a little flustered. 

Siyeon let her go, the warmth leaving Bora also. She yearned for her Siyeon's warmth again, but now is not the time. The priority right now is the show.

"I gotta go and um, get ready" Bora said still flustered. "Why yes, goodluck out there Bora. I'm also gonna go and watch among the crowd. Though you're the one my eyes land on every now and then." Siyeon said with a grin.

Bora not wanting to be a tomato head, composed herself and stood up from her seat. "Oh silly, you and your words." she said and chuckled. Siyeon looked at her for a second, she then fixed her dress and walked closer to the door. She was facing the door, not looking at Bora.

"Hey, um Bora?" she said, hesitant whether it was alright to say what was on her mind. "Yes?"

"I... I w-wanted to ask you if you wanted to take a walk after this show ends? Just to, you know, talk about some things. I mean if it's okay with you." Siyeon said fidgeting where she was.

Bora was a little confused as to why she looked nervous when it's just a walk, unless they had to talk about something really important. Bora nodded "Sure, I would love to if it's with you." she smiled replying.

Siyeon sighed, calming herself. She grasped the doorknob and turned it to open the door "It's almost time, you should get ready Bora." she said and closed the door slowly.

She left Bora wondering, 'Why did she held such a sad face before leaving?' she thought.

But she did not think anymore further and readied herself. Her dress was neat, her gloves fitted her hands nicely, her makeup was alright. 'Okay. I can do this, this is what I was waiting for this whole time. I can't mess this up.'

She heaved a long sigh and left the room with a smile seen on her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm ready."

 

_____________________________