Butterfly

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kwon Jiyong couldn’t sit still in his car seat. His boundless energy and the excitement behind it were driving him crazy. He also couldn’t stop grinning, often causing others to look at him warily. After all, his expression was not dissimilar to one sported by psychopaths. He looked outside his car window for signs of progress on their route. It was a summer evening, the sky still bright and the streets populated. He was inspired by anything and everything he saw. It was all because of her. In fact, he was on his way to her house right now. It was date night and it was killing him to not be there already. Her presence gave him a natural high that he found not even in music. She consumed all of his senses with little effort but took no advantage of it. With her, he gets butterflies.

They met by chance. A friend of a friend, she was a stranger to his world and him to hers. When he’s feeling exceptionally sappy, he calls it fate. From the very second their eyes met, he’d seen only her. He was blind to the musings of the room’s occupants. His eyes had followed her every movement, whether it was her fingers tucking the stubborn strand of hair behind her ears or her eyes creasing as she laughed without holding back. When one stares at you relentlessly from a corner of the room, you tend to notice and so she had. Eyebrows raised, she had measured him up before approaching. Her soft-spoken words went straight to his heart and he was lost to her.

Jiyong wished that

Please log in to read the full chapter