-end-

she was a punk, she did ballet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I don't really have that much to say but I did quite enjoy writing this one, there's just that certain feeling of happiness when I wrote this down - maybe it's because of the trope, which I just discovered that it may be one of my favorite tropes now. I do hope you will enjoy this though. Do let me know your comments and i'm sorry if it has any errors! Thank you for your time and enjoy! :D 

 

-------

 

 

Seungwan isn't too fond of parties, she'd rather stay in her room, do some academic readings, listen to her favorite playlist, lay on her bed as she thinks about mastering her ballet poses, and be in her peaceful fort. But that's not the case tonight, apparently, she was brought to a party she has no idea of as an excuse by her own sister, only so that she can attend. What a nice sister she has.

 

They were at some dude's apartment that screams 'filthy rich' — those types where there are huge glass windows that provide an overlooking view of the city, a huge space in where it could fit people she couldn’t quite count — they've been here for quite some time now, an hour and a half to be very specific, and it's starting to get uncomfortable now that everyone in the room is already intoxicated.

 

Seungwan knows exactly what would happen in the next hour if these people would continue to drink like there's no tomorrow, so she placed herself at the far corner of the room where if you could see a heatmap of the place, the space where she's standing is less saturated but that doesn't mean that she's unseen. A number of guys have already gone on her way trying to ask her out, and she knows specifically what they want and she's totally not into that — but good God some of these college guys are so persistent that they can't take no for an answer.

 

Seungwan is starting to get worried seeing that this guy is already drunk, with the way he stumbled on his way to her and the way he slurs, and he just wants to get his way with her. She craned her neck to check if her sister was around the area but failed to see her. She yelped when the guy suddenly grabbed her wrist and now Seungwan is scared, the grip on her is tight and she thinks her veins would burst.

 

In a moment, the hand holding her wrist with a vice grip suddenly was jerked away, and her wrist felt free though the burning sensation still remained.

 

"I think you should know that a no is a no, Seungyeon."

 

The voice was awfully familiar to Seungwan, running her eyes from her wrist to her so-called savior tonight, shock was evident on her face when her eyes met a familiar set, looking at her carefully with gentleness and worry in them. She inhaled sharply as her heartbeat started to race and she felt her hands shaking, she's not sure if this was from the adrenaline earlier or the excitement of seeing her.

 

"Joohyun." Seungwan managed to croak out. Goodness, she didn’t know Joohyun is here. That’s expected she guesses, if her sister is here then that would mean her best friend would be here too.

 

"B-bae," The guy's features morphed into shock when he saw Joohyun, then to a grimace when he felt the tightness of the girl's grip on his wrist. That should sober him up. "I… I didn't know that you know her."

 

"I don't want to see you anywhere near Naeun's little sister or harassing any girls here, got it?"

 

If Seungwan is the receiving end of Joohyun’s sharp and intense glare, she too would have sobered up in this situation. She saw how Joohyun harshly threw the arm she's holding and pushed the guy as he scrambled away from them.

 

Seungwan watched as the guy fled from the scene, she ran her eyes towards her savior and Seungwan is sure that she heard her breath hitch when she saw Joohyun taking a step forward towards her. Her eyes now looking at her with the same gentleness in them the moment she laid on them earlier, a stark contrast of what Joohyun’s eyes exhibited when she drove the guy away a moment ago.

 

"So," A step. Seungwan looked up at Joohyun’s eyes, and instantly regretted her decision as she felt her insides turn, she looked down to Joohyun’s hands sitting casually inside her jean’s pocket as a means to avoid the other's gaze. "What is little Son doing at a college party? You know this place isn't for kids."

 

"I-I am not a kid! I'm turning 19 next month!" She exclaimed, earning a low chuckle from Joohyun. "And my sister tagged me along as a poor excuse just so she could get out."

 

“Okay, okay, whatever you say, little Son. Now, we have to find your sister first, you shouldn’t be out here alone."

 

She gave Joohyun a pout whilst the older patted her head like she’s a little kid. She frowned even more at the thought that there’s a huge possibility that Joohyun just sees her as her best friend’s little sister, someone who’s a kid, someone she thinks of as her own younger sibling, someone who she could never see that way. And Seungwan hates that fact, she hates that she has no chance with Joohyun liking her back.

 

Darn this stupid crush with her sister’s cool best friend. Darn that black leather jacket she always has that makes her so so attractive. Darn that smile that makes her look so cute despite her cool aura. Darn Joohyun for making her insides churn with every small kind gesture she makes for her.

 

“Joohyuuunnn. Seungwaaann." The familiar sing-song voice broke Seungwan’s train of thought as she turned her gaze towards her older sister looking like the alcohol had already hit her senses.

 

Her sister threw an arm over Joohyun’s shoulders making the latter lean to the side with the sudden weight leaning against her. The two looked at each other when they realized that Seungwan's sister had passed out the moment Joohyun held her, they simultaneously broke into laughter at the sight.

 

Joohyun fixed the arm around her shoulders to properly hold Naeun, and gestured Seungwan to come with a nod of her head, "Come on, little kids should not be out of their homes at an ungodly hour." That came out with a chuckle as Joohyun teased Seungwan, earning a pout from the younger girl. "Did she bring her car or?"

 

Seungwan shook her head in response, "We took a cab, she said she wanted to drown in alcohol and she's confident she has you."

 

Joohyun softly chuckled as she shook her head at the information, and that sound felt like music in Seungwan's ears.

 

They reached the car park and Joohyun grunted when she adjusted Seungwan's sister in her hold and gestured for help to Seungwan to open the door of the backseat.

 

Hearing the older girl mutter her thanks for helping and she grunted while stretching her arms to ease them from carrying her best friend, "God, I hate her making me her designated driver tonight." Joohyun stated as she helped Naeun inside her car.

 

Just before she could close the door Naeun slurred her response, "It's because we're best friends."

 

“Yeah, yeah whatever.” Joohyun answered while smiling at her best friend, shutting the door to her car.

 

Seungwan watched the whole exchange and it made her smile, this reminded her how these two became friends. The friendship was very much unlikely between Naeun and Joohyun, she remembered it was when they were both in their senior year and the infamous delinquent of their school, Joohyun, approached her sister for help in academics.

 

That was the reason for Joohyun to frequent their household and the reason why her elementary crush grew into something more. She knows Joohyun has a known history at the principal's office, given her reputation with the student body but to be honest, and this comes with no bias, Joohyun has her reasons for beating other students or to be specific bullies, this feat earned Joohyun a moniker 'The Protector' but Seungwan knows that doesn't justify Joohyun’s actions in beating people up.

 

A smile crept on Seungwan's face when she recalled the first time she ever saw Joohyun.

 

3 years ago

 

It was a Saturday afternoon, and Seungwan sat comfortably on their couch and watched some teenage shows on tv — just like any other fifteen year old would do in their free time.

 

It was quiet in their home aside from the noise coming from the television, she’s currently alone as her ballet classes were canceled and her parents went out to the grocery, and her sister went out saying she’s meeting someone but the peace was suddenly interrupted with chatters from their front door. She doesn’t have any visitors today, Seulgi, her best friend, isn't coming over today. Then she heard a familiar voice.

 

Naeun? And then another unfamiliar voice.

 

Her questions were answered when the door suddenly opened revealing her sister and someone whose face and name she’s familiar with.

 

Her eyes grew wide at the sight.

 

Why is her sister bringing the infamous Bae Joohyun home? Do they know each other?

 

“Oh great you’re here, could you please get us towels? The rain just suddenly poured on our way here.”

 

Seungwan flitted her eyes from her sister and to their guest, and went on like that with no words comi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter