“I have to take a look at her” (Part 1)

💬 Joohyun Said
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

   "I don't know but whenever Seulgi does something, it always catches my eyes. It feels like I have to take a look at her"    

 

 

 

To be the subject of god herself.

 

To steal her attention, knowing how many would kill just to have a short moment of attention she generously gave to Seulgi.

 

Overwhelmed — is what Seulgi remembers — was the word she thought of as she sang the last parts of 'Candy' with Joohyun smiling at her

 

— she couldn't care less, how the rain drenched her sweater while they were onstage—

 

For she knew that the word 'overwhelmed' couldn't even chart the circus of emotions she felt. She was graced — go to a temple, drop on her knees and bow a thousand times — thankful for the gods who gifted her with Joohyun's attention.

 

Because as Joohyun pointed at her and sang the words 'stuck on you’, Seulgi truly wished that they'll get stuck with each other for a very long time.

 

 

 

 

 

Joohyun didn't seem to know that Seulgi noticed —

 

For when Joohyun thought Seulgi wasn't looking, the older would stare at her face a little too much.

 

Joohyun would spare no detail, for she looks at Seulgi's eyes, Seulgi's nose and God forbid — at Seulgi's lips where her eyes would linger longer.

 

Seulgi would just brush it off. Joohyun is like that. She does have a habit of staring like she's in love with you. Seungwan said so herself, "Don't look at Joohyun unnie's eyes for so long because you will fall in love with her"

 

It's just a part of her charm, Seulgi would say to herself as she lets the older's eyes inspect her whole face. She’s your unnie.

 

She’s your unnie.

 

 

 

 

 

The air inside the van gets colder. Seulgi looks at the skies outside the window.

 

"Seulgi-ssi, are you cold?" her manager asks. The brunette is about to say no but then she sees the blanket her manager pulls out for her.

 

Joohyun's yellow ducky blanket.

 

She gladly takes the blanket and wraps it around her torso.

 

It smells like Joohyun.

 

Warm... like Joohyun...

 

She holds her phone as she stares at the tweet.

 

"It feels like I have to take a look at her"

 

She smiles. It’s true. Joohyun does look at her a lot.

 

But really...

 

What is it with Joohyun unnie?

 

 

 

 

 

It seemed like after the talk they had after their unwelcome guest, Joohyun began to stare more at Seulgi. It happened for months- even when Yerim was eventually added to the group for 'Ice Cream Cake'. Joohyun unnie would be by Yerim’s side 24/7 like a mother hen, but her eyes would always find Seulgi from afar.

 

Whatever Seulgi did, Joohyun looked at her. And Seulgi would ask herself why her cheeks suddenly felt so hot.

 

But just when Seulgi thought that she was finally getting used to it, Joohyun would prove again and again that that wasn’t the case.

 

Just like when they were on Superstar SMTOWN Cup when Seulgi was playing and her unnie was trying to distract her.

 

Joohyun settled by the table where Seulgi was, and looked at her in the eyes as she softly said, “Seulgi-ah, look at me”

 

And the moment Seulgi did, it was..

 

It was breathtakingly unreal.

 

Her Joohyun unnie is.

 

And like Seulgi always did, the only thing she could do was smile.

 

She’s your unnie.

 

“Ah! Why doesn’t it work on you?” Joohyun cutely pouted.

 

And Seulgi could only say to herself, Unnie you don’t have any idea, as she dismissed the thundering beats of her heart and hoped Joohyun wouldn’t hear.

 

 

 

 

 

And perhaps it wasn’t just Joohyun’s eyes that seemed to yearn for Seulgi’s presence.

 

For when it was thundering outside the dorm in the wee hours of the night, Seulgi heard her door open and suddenly found herself being crushed to pieces by the tightness of Joohyun’s hug.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter