Unang Sayaw by Nobita

This is how I imagined songs.

Tumatalon ang puso
Sa tuwa ay patungong
Langit na ata
Ikaw ang kasama

Sa titig pa lang, tunaw na
Hawak sa kamay
Wala na akong palag sa
Ay, pag-ibig na ata

 

The breezy air welcomed you as you decided to step out of the villa you are staying in for the past few days as you attended the wedding of your dearest best friend. The moon shined so bright that it made you think that it was a spotlight meant for two. You started to stroll down the shoreline of the beach right in front of your villa since you wanted to feel it one last time before going back to the busy streets of the city. You felt alone that’s why you grabbed your phone and played the song you loved the most. As your mind wandered through the wilderness and as the coldness of the wind and sea waters starts to chill your spine, you started to reminisce the moment you had your very first dance with your very first love at the exact spot you are standing in right now.

 

How inexplicable the emotions you are feeling right now.

 

Sa ilalim ng kalawakan
Pangalan mong isisigaw
Sa ilalim ng buwan ay titigan
At hawakan aking kamay

Isasayaw ka nang dahan-dahan
Hanggang 'di mo mamalayang
Ako na pala ang 'yong kailangan
At gusto mong pamahalaan

 

As the song hits the chorus, you swayed along the rhythm as the memories of the both of you played. You remembered how she carefully guided you as your bodies sway in synch with the beat of the song. The words “I love you” and “Be mine forever” kept repeating inside your head as if it was a prayer that was taught to you before you could even speak. The words that were said million times but felt as if it wasn’t said enough escaped your mouth and there you stopped swaying as you spoke the name of the woman you so love the most.

 

Seulgi

 

Tila'y rosas na pula
Labi mong nagsasalita
Kay sarap itigil ng oras
Maaari itali't iposas

Ang iyong mga tingin
Labis ang mga ningning
Oh, panaginip ka
Ayaw nang gumising pa

 

You felt bittersweet because you find it so dumb that even though she is not here with you, the thought of her can still make you smile like a high school student who was noticed by her first crush.

 

How nostalgic you thought.

 

Your imagination was disturbed when your attention was caught by a speaker playing the exact song you are listening to right now. Although a beat late, you still looked at the louder music’s direction and now you don’t know if fate is playing with you because you saw the woman you are just thinking of as the music crept in your ears, dancing to another lady whom she is now calling the greatest love of her life.

 

How sweet of them.

 

Sa ilalim ng kalawakan
Pangalan mong isisigaw
Sa ilalim ng buwan ay titigan
At hawakan aking kamay

 

You observed them swaying their bodies like how you two did before. The smiles were bigger and the laughter was louder. You can see how she delicately push and pull the body of the lady as if she was dancing with a priceless statue. You find it cute when she kept on kissing the cheeks of the lady with her. Almost munching it you thought. Seulgi’s head lift up and she caught your eyes. The weird thing is you did not look away because you know you can’t.

 

One look at her and you are in love with her again.

 

You saw her whispering something to the lady she is dancing and there you witnessed how the lady’s neck almost broke when she looked at your direction. You did not find it weird when you felt satisfaction and love instead of jealousy or helplessness. She ran to your direction shouting the words “Mommy let’s dance”.

 

Isasayaw ka nang dahan-dahan
Hanggang 'di mo mamalayang
Ako na pala ang 'yong kailangan
At gusto mong pamahalaan

 

When the lady is within your reach, you carried her and also gave her a peck on her cheeks. She wrapped her hand around your porcelain like neck as if she is holding onto her dear life. You diverted your attention to the woman nearing you as she looked at you like a gem she hold so dear. Seulgi, your wife, hugged you both with the intent of letting you feel how much she treasures these ladies in front of her right now.

 

She lets go and whispered for the both of you to hear.

 

“Can I ask for your hands, madames?”

 

“Ask the lady here and if she agrees, you can have mine too.” you replied

 

“Will you, Madame Seulhyun?”

 

“Mmm-hmm with mommy too!”

 

And there, the three of you dances to the music as Seulgi wrapped again her hands as if she was protecting the both of you.

 

And you know she is.

 

As you danced to the beat she said,

 


Tila'y liwanag mo'y nagbabadya
Ng bagyo sa pusong pawala
Oh sinta, sana naaalala mo pa
'Yong mga unang sayaw nating dalawa

Na ngayo’y nagkaroong ng kwarto para sa isa pa
Kasi sa bawat pagpikit ng aking mga mata
Hanggang sa huling indak ng mga paa
Alam kong habang-buhay, iibigin ko kayo

 

As you the music is nearing its end, your swaying stopped when you heard light snores coming from Seulhyun. The two of you let out a low laugh and decided to go back in the villa to settle the little girl in between the both of you.

 

Sa ilalim ng kalawakan
Pangalan mong isisigaw
Sa ilalim ng buwan ay titigan
At hawakan aking kamay

Isasayaw ka nang dahan-dahan
Hanggang 'di mo mamalayang
Ako na pala ang 'yong kailangan
At gusto mong pakasalan

 

You were about to sleep after tucking in Seulhyun but was stopped when you felt a pair of hands grabbing you by the waist and leads you to another dance only the two of you shared. You were feeling more than a dozen of emotions but the one conquering all is the love and contentment you felt after marrying the woman who gave you your first dance in this exact beach.

 

You like it.

 

No

 

You love it so much.

 

because

 

You have the first dance.

 

You and Seulhyun will have the last.