Music Box

alpha's one-shot wenrene collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can you please listen for once?” Wendy exclaimed as she searched for her girlfriend in the eyes of the evil incarnate staring back at her.

“Haven’t you explained yourself enough?” the devil hissed. “No explanation will save you, Son Seungwan. If you still want to live, best head out right now.”

The emphasis on the last few words was enough to send chills down Wendy’s spine. Afraid of what might unfold, she lets out a heavy sigh.

Wendy knows she’s at fault. She already admitted it to her soulmate, her beloved girlfriend. She was guilty. That is why when she got home and heard Joohyun talking to herself, she knew she screwed up. Big time.

To this day, she still remembers the first time she was late. Albeit a not-so-important day for the two women, she could feel the unnerving aura her girlfriend let off when she arrived at the restaurant. Her date was waiting for her for 5 minutes which, to Wendy, is not a big deal. But to the lady sitting across her, damn. Every time the older lady looked her way, it would make her feel small.

Her date might look like a cute little bunny but her aura exudes that of a lioness, waiting for the squirrel in front of her to let her guard down.

Since then, she took a mental note not to repeat it again if she doesn’t want to spend half of their date feeling anxious to even say a word.

However, the 2nd time she was late, hell almost broke loose. And this was a memory both Irene and Wendy wants to forget but couldn’t.

Despite her love for Wendy, her girlfriend should know how it annoys her when people are late, and Wendy is no exception to that. That is why the younger woman learned how to be more punctual. But she chose the wrong day to unlearn it.

“When that son of a gun woman gets home, she better pray to whoever she’s praying to to save her. Because tonight, I am not her ally.” Irene lets out a frustrated huff as she throws down the freshly proofed dough she’s made back to its bowl.

In the years she’s been together with Wendy, she’s learned to adjust her mood depending on the minutes her punctual girlfriend is late. Anything below 5 minutes will not sour her mood. 5-10 minutes is still bearable for her but it depends on the reason. Anything above 10 minutes is still uncharted waters for both of them. But being late for 30 minutes? Wendy should be praying to all the gods she knows. Because the moment Irene heard the front door open, she was ready to murder the poor younger lady the moment she stepped inside their house.

Once Wendy sets foot inside their house, she knows she’s in big trouble. The beautiful doormat that says ‘Welcome’ on it can’t erase the fear etched on her face. Not even the squirrel and bunny prints on the mat helped. She tries to open but no words came out as she felt that if she utters a single word, plates, no, knives will come flying her way. So she just slowly made her way towards the kitchen where she saw the most beautiful woman she has ever laid her eyes on. She fixed her blazer and tucked in loose hairs. The moment she finished, she lets out a soft sigh and, with a grin on her face, she opens .

“Un-“ however she was interrupted by a loud bang on the kitchen counter.

“Seungwan.” and that one word uttered by her partner was enough for Wendy to hide the bouquet of flowers she bought for her girlfriend behind her.

“It’s past our intended meeting time isn’t it?” Irene said as she slowly removed the plastic gloves she was wearing. She slowly turned to face Wendy who looks like a beat-up puppy. “You’ve never been this late so I expect a reasonable explanation. Don’t say anything otherwise. Just sit down and eat. I’m done for the night.”

Her words were threatening, and Wendy could feel sweat running down the sides of her face. She knows this would be the outcome. She even prepared for it when she was in the car. However, a well-thought-out script that she practiced several times before entering the house was not enough to save her from this situation. Not when Irene is staring daggers at her.

“Unnie, I can explain. Just please sit down first and let me collect my thoughts.” Wendy said as she puts her hand forward, signaling for Irene to sit down on their dining chair. Her girlfriend just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, waiting for Wendy to not beat around the bush and just explain herself. When Irene shift

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter