no secret rendezvouses

stable jobs and secret relationships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon doesn't take afternoon breaks.

 

Well, she could if she wanted to, but Jeongyeon had always been a workaholic. And she will choose going over the paperworks on a slow day than waste her time partaking in an afternoon tea time with her colleagues.

 

Jeongyeon likes her peace, and in the hustle and bustle of the people in the office, never-ending beeps of the fax machines, in the faint clicky sounds of the keyboards, and in the sound of the paper in the photocopier machine she finds it.

 

But maybe today was just too much.

 

She got up from her chair, gathering the paperworks she had just finished reviewing and took it with her out of her small, glass-lined office.

 

Jeongyeon doesn't pay attention to Nayeon's lingering stare as she stacks the signed documents over the junior architect's desk and finally leaves the chaos.

 

She makes way to the hallway and passes by the cafeteria which was, as always, flocked by the employees from different departments. Sure, the pastry tasted good but Jeongyeon couldn't and wouldn't stand to be in the same room with this much people. Atleast not today.

 

The outdoor lounge wasn't an option, too. Even from the lobby, she could smell the tangy scent of burning tobacco from the cigarettes the other employees were smoking.

 

She sighed as she loosens her tie. She knows she could go to Mina's office but she didn't want to be a burden to the busy woman.

 

In the end, she rounds up on the farthest end of the hallway and into the stairs. Thankfully enough, the elevators haven't had any trouble for a couple of months now and doesn't look like it will anytime soon.

 

Finally.

 

She sits down on a step on the next flight and rested her head against the wall.

 

Jeongyeon had almost dozed off when she hears footsteps from the bottom of the stairs.

 

Jeongyeon wouldn't have cared, wouldn't have opened her eyes a crack if the footsteps hadn't stopped on her level, if the unknown presence hadn't put their hand against her forehead.

 

Jeongyeon flinched in panic but when she fully opens her eyes, she sees another pair looking back at her painted with worry and concern. 

 

"Mina," Jeongyeon managed to croak out.

 

"Are you okay?" Mina asks. "You don't have a fever."

 

"I am." Jeongyeon says as she kisses Mina's hands. Jeongyeon sees Mina look around for other people before letting Jeongyeon pull her to sit on the step below her.

 

"Clear?" Mina nods and Jeongyeon bends down to capture Mina's lips in her own.

 

Jeongyeon exhales through the kiss. She felt her body relax and for the first time today, no other thoughts came just Mina's name and Mina's soft lips on hers.

 

Jeongyeon bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter