Losing or winning

Adrenaline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 24-year-old handsome girl had been a professional soccer player for the last 6 years.

Moonbyul was considered a star in the field since she was 17 and she played in 2 good teams before being bought by a major group in the league.

She was often used as the striker or the midfielder because of her agility and fast thinking under pressure.

Moonbyul would always make a perfect pass to her teammates and her number of goals was also impressive.

The skinny girl surprised not only the Naver staff( coach, director, players) but also the viewers.

Soon, the short girl with a cocky smile had a legion of fans and several trophies.

Obviously, the whole group was amazing and Moonbyul knew that her achievements were not just hers.

Nonetheless, the shirt 22 with the name Moon on the back had gotten sold out every year for the last 4 championships.

Naver FC had won the national league twice in a role and stayed in second place the 2 previous years.

Their biggest competitor was MBC FC and these two teams were always taking turns in the first two positions of the biggest competitions.

The most important player on the MBC team was not their striker though.

Kim Yongsun, called Sun by her colleagues, was a 26-year-old wingback.

The beautiful ash-brown-haired girl was the best in her position and from time to time, she also scored amazing goals.

Being the owner of the shirt 21, Yongsun had experience as a midfielder too and she impressed any soccer critic because of her neverending stamina.

Some North American teams and several European ones were always trying to buy the player but the girl was very much in love with her own country to leave.

Yongsun was in her 5th year as a soccer player and her trajectory was extremely successful.

MBC FC and Naver FC had played against each other 21 times since their biggest stars joined them. And the results were impressively balanced.

MBC won seven times, Naver won the other seven times and they also tied for seven times.

The 22nd game was extremely important because it was the decision of that year's championship.

There were 60.000 people inside the stadium and the chants could be heard from miles away.

As soon as the two teams stepped on the field, the cameras caught the heavy tension of the players.

The game started and it didn't take more than 2 minutes for Moonbyul to steal the ball and run toward the opponent's goal.

Yongsun fastly caught up with the striker and bumped her shoulder on the younger girl's back, knocking Moonbyul down.

The handsome player got back on her feet and wiped the blood off her chin with her shirt.

The referee asked if the striker needed to see the doctor but she said she was fine.

Back to the game, Moonbyul glared at Yongsun and walked away.

However, the wingback had been instructed by her coach to watch her rival closely. So Yongsun followed the younger one.

The audience would scream with excitement every time one of them succeeded in taking the ball from the other.

Nonetheless, the sound of people's shock at their exchange of violent hits was quite common during the match.

MBC's second striker stole a ball and succeeded in scoring a goal.

Two minutes later, Moonbyul made a pass while being in the middle of the field and put the ball in her friend's foot right in front of the goalkeeper.

Naver scored a goal too and they tied the match.

MBC coach asked permission to substitute a player and took the minute to instruct Yongsun about their strategy.

The rest of the first period of the game was tiring not just for the players but also for the audience.

The brunette used her speed to run back and forth while defending her team and also trying to attack.

Naver's coach signaled to his main player to keep her eyes on Yongsun, which turned the game more violent than any match in the male league.

When the ash-brown-haired player tried to grab Moonbyul by the shirt to prevent the striker to score, the blonde used the elbow to break their contact and ended up hitting Yongsun's nose.

The referee used the whistle to stop the game and ran toward the two rivals.

Yongsun was bleeding but she stood up as if nothing had happened.

She asked permission to step outside just to let the doctor check her nose very briefly.

Meanwhile, the 60.000 people were holding their breath because they didn't know if the famous number 22 would be kicked out of the game.

Having an inner battle, the referee was afraid of using the red card with Moonbyul.

The woman knew that the audience paid to watch those two phenomenal players and that they both were directly responsible for their teams' results.

Besides that, Yongsun had been extremely rough too and wasn't punished either.

The blonde seemed to be anxious to get back to the game and the brunette's doctor showed his thumbs-up, indicating that the nose wasn't broken.

When Yongsun stepped back into the field, the referee warned the two female players and gave them a yellow card.

The woman said that they would be kicked out in case of more violence.

Smiling, the striker nodded and started walking towards the opposite team's goal.

Yongsun followed the number 22 and didn't give her much freedom to move.

However, the blonde faked a pass before spinning her body and lifting the ball over the wingback's head.

Moonbyul had perfect footwork and the brunette failed at preventing her from scoring.

Taking the chance that the taller one was distracted while celebrating the goal with her colleagues, the ash-brown-haired one intercepted the ball and ran like the wind to tie the match again.

The referee declared it was time for the break and the teams went to the locker rooms.

For ten minutes, the coaches talked to their players and tried to make a new plan to get that victory.

In the Stadium, the crowd never stopped chanting and cheering for their favorite side.

Naver changed one of their players and the new girl got the mission to put pressure on MBC's number 21 to leave Moon free to score again.

But the MBC coach was pretty smart and he had anticipated such a move. So he also changed his formation and he got 3 strikers instead of the main one and the secondary one.

Naver team had to run like crazy to defend their goal and they got tired after 15 minutes.

MBC scored twice in the next 10 minutes and it seemed that the game was not going to change anymore.

Despite that, Moonbyul hadn't given up and she set a trap to suffer a penalty.

The blonde succeeded at scoring and her team recovered the energy to fight for the tie once again.

Yongsun avoided that Naver players scored 5 other times and she recovered a ball and almost scored for MBC.

Moonbyul started to pressure the goalkeeper whenever he was about to kick the ball to his team.

On her third attempt, the blonde was able to steal the ball and scored again.

Both teams felt the stress and the players worked even harder to untie before the time was over.

One minute before the end of the match, Yongsun scored. Nonetheless, the referee's assistant informed him that her position was irregular and the goal got invalidated.

All MBC fans screamed and cursed. The game would be decided through p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter