Electra Heart

Teen Idle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wanna be a bottle blonde

I don't know why but I feel conned

 

- Hey, Joohyun. Can you hear me? - I stepped outside, feeling the cold wind on my skin.

- Wait a second. I have to send a message, - the girl's voice ‘greeted’ me while I was smiling back at the nice old lady who was passing by.

Sometimes I find it more interesting to talk to old people than to someone my age.

- Okay,- I sat down on the short, stone fence and just stared blankly at my neighbor's house.

I don't know why I'm still trying to have a normal conversation with her, but I guess it's just so me... forgiving people for not being as important to them as they are to me. Sounds too sentimental. Ugh.

 

I wanna be an idle teen

I wish I hadn't been so clean

 

Why do I feel so miserable sitting on this cold fence? Probably because my friend hasn't said anything for the past five minutes, and I'm too embarrassed to start a conversation.

Just how pathetic do I really am.

-Hey, Seul. Are you there? - I heard the familiar voice again.

She finally remembered about my existence.

-Yeah, - I'm looking at the perfect lawn outside my neighbor's house again.- What are you doing?

- You have no idea what happened to me! - she's almost screaming, and I'm rolling my eyes. I'm going to listen to some nonsense again.

- So, I met this girl. We've been talking for a week and she suggested that we go to a race.

- Hmm, what? - first of all, I was shocked that races are organized in our ty town and secondly, do people actually get that close only after one week?

- She said the whole thing starts around midnight, but I had a fight with my dad and didn't want to get home that late. We decided to just go for a walk instead.

- But that's not all, right?

I know her too well. There is always something more than a trivial story.

- She said if I can't go with her at least her friends might give me a ride home and...

- Wait, - I pressed the phone harder against my ear. - Friends?

- Yeah, there were two.

- So you got into a car with two guys you didn't know and a friend you met a week ago? -I'm trying my best to be calm, but this is completely insane

- Yes! -she said it so enthusiastically like she just saw Lee Minho. - And it was ing amazing.You can yell at me, I'm ready.

Now I close my eyes and try to remember when she turned into the bad girl and I turned into the constantly pissed-off mommy. Maybe she's too naive or I'm the one who doesn't know how to have fun.

- There's no point in yelling anymore. What's done is done.

- You just don't know how cool it was. They said we'd go for a ride around town and then they'd take me home, -  what friendly strangers were they, I say to myself.

- Well, I'm glad you didn't get killed in a wood somewhere.

- No, Seulgi, we didn't make it into the woods, - you could tell by her serious tone that she didn't get my joke. - They were driving so fast. I felt like I was in some kind of a video game.

I didn't know if that was true or just something she made up, because the more we talked, the weirder her "life stories" got. One day she was telling me about her cousin who was dating a manipulative womanizer, except everything she said for twenty minutes was exactly like the story of Noora and William from 'Scam'. She even said her cousin had white hair. I ended up trying not to burst out laughing, because she couldn't think of anything more original than the plot of one of the most popular teen series.

 

I wanna stay inside all day

I want the world to go away

 

- What were they like?- I asked, feeling myself getting colder.

- The one who was driving the car wasn't my type, he liked Momo. The other one was so sweet. He was asking me every minute if I'm feeling well and don't want anything.

Where does she find such gentlemen?

- Is Momo your new friend?

- Yeah, she has a boyfriend, by the way. - I don't know why she thought that I need that information, but okay.

- She has a boyfriend, but she's going to the races with someone who's all over her?

- Yeah. Her boyfriend's studying abroad, so she's flirting with that guy because he has a nice car.

Gross.

- And where do you find such friends, Jojo? - I hope she wouldn't say on Facebook.

- She's not an ordinary girl. She's had it all: pretty boys, friends with benefits... - her voice is cutting out.

- Joohyun, your voice is breaking off. Can you hear me? - I feel like I shouldn't have called her. I guess I just had to deal with this sudden feeling of loneliness by myself.

- I'm right here. Just chatting with Kyuhyung. He scolds me for getting in the car with two strangers. - I can hear her giggling.

Kyuhyun is two years older than us, and he thinks he's better than everyone else. Though I've only seen him hanging out with fifteen-year-old girls. But, who am I to judge him? Exactly, no one.

- For the first time in my life, I agree with him. - I turn my head and just now notice the warm shades of orange on the blue sky.

Sharing my solitude with the cool breeze and the endless sky is better than with empty people.I should have learned that a long time ago.

 

I want blood, guts, and chocolate cake

I wanna be a real fake

 

- I know it's wrong, but I just need that adrenaline. - I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter