Letters for You, Sawi Edition 4

Perfect Ten

 

DEAR ELIZABETH, BY ANDREA.

 

Eli, my beloved.

 

Sorry if I had hurt you with my actions, or with the things that I had told you. You are, after all, the greatest love of my life, someone who had always been there for me, someone who had been part of my life longer than I had ever imagined, but it is true that we needed the rest. It is true that we needed the time to mature, the time to grow, the time to improve ourselves for each other, and I'm sorry kasi you thought that you were the reason why I didn't grow when we were together: I was the reason why we did not mature, why we did not learn, why I thought that we were staying in that relationship of ours for six years just because we had to, it was me who thought of all that. Kasi I wasn't content with what I had, I thought it could be better, I thought there could be something new, but being away from you made me realize that you are the one that's better. With you, I am always someone new.

 

Nagsisinungaling ako kung sasabihin kong hindi kita hinintay nung paalis na ako that day. There was even just a short sliver of hope that you'd come, kasi duwag ako, I couldn't reach out to you properly that day, naunahan ako ng takot nang marealize ko na because of what I had done, because I had made it harder for us to come back together kasi pinatagal ko pa ng walong taon yung dapat eh maiksing panahon lang, I really thought that you wouldn't show up that day, and that our story is forever sealed because I couldn't be contented for myself.

 

Eli, mahal na mahal kita, sobra. When you appeared that day, I felt a huge relief, I felt na parang nanalo ako sa lotto, and I was even content not asking you if you wanted to go back together that day kasi naduwag nanaman ako, but you were the one who stepped up and asked me that day. I loved you before for your courage, and that courage of yours is the reason why we are still together, going strong, defying the odds of everything put against us.

 

Medyo spoiler na to, but I think fourteen years is enough to go on forever. Fourteen years is enough preparation for me to know that you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, fourteen years is enough to tell me na ikaw na yung hinahanap ko, you're the one that my soul yearns to be with, you're the one for me.

 

Some time, I'll ask you to marry me. You always dreamed of a grandeur life, of a grand wedding, of a wedding na tatalo sa kasalan ng mga artistang pinapanood mo sa TV with me nung bata pa tayo—you've always dreamed about that, and it would be my pleasure to give you that wish of yours.

 

Fourteen to forever, mahal ko.

 

Mahal na mahal kita, tangi.

 

So much more than I could ever tell you.

 

- Andrea, your gago