Chapter 5

Jaehyun is (NOT!) a Common Name

By the end of the week he had apologized to Eric.

The younger hadn't been aware of all that had happened, so he had accepted the apology with ease, even apologizing for being partly to blame. Eric had also suggested several times to make it up to him, but Younghoon had turned down his offer.

Therefore he had mixed feelings about Eric's text message saying he should "wait for a surprise" at that stupid bench. Of course, a small part of him still hoped the "Jay"-Jaehyun would show up. On the other hand, he didn't think he was ready to talk to him again. He'd rather wait a little longer. Maybe a lot.

Besides, he still wasn't sure how he felt about Lee Jaehyun. Of course he liked him and they had spent the last few days together on breaks, but he still had no idea what the nature of these feelings was.

Knowing that Jaehyun liked him - probably a lot, otherwise he wouldn't have kissed him - even kept him up at night. He was thinking of him more than ever, wasn't even ashamed to stare at him in class anymore and he had even been waiting for him to watch his team practice on Wednesday.

And sometimes when he saw him and Jaehyun was quiet for a second, he remembered the feeling of the other's lips on his own. But whenever he looked at him in these moments, he could tell Jaehyun was thinking the same.

When suddenly two hands grabbed his shoulders and ripped him out of his thoughts, he shrieked and immediately covered his mouth in embarrassment.

By now he knew that laughter behind him very well.

"," he sighed wearily.

He leaned back against the rest and watched as Jaehyun walked around the bench and leaned on the table.

"I'm pleased to see you too. You know you could have just texted me if you really wanted to meet me now that you have my number? Are you ready to confess now? Come on, I already know that you like me. Half the school already thinks so. Take advantage of this spot once and for all."

The blond inspected his nails before looking at Younghoon expectantly.

"So? Come on, maybe I'll give you a chance, who knows?"

Younghoon was speechless. He looked back at Jaehyun, who now had a smug smile plastered on his face. When he opened his mouth, no words came out. He shook his head in disbelief and ran his hand over his face.

Had Eric told him Younghoon wanted to see him? But the younger had said-

"I- this. No ing way! I'll snap Eric's goddamn neck! If this little thinks, it's funny to-"

"Wait, no, no, no, what did he do? Come on, tell me. Easy my , now stop playing hard to get for a second and don’t be so dramatic, no other Jaehyun seems to want you anyway."

" you! You know exactly what he did! He told the wrong person three times to come and meet me here! Now everyone's talking and making fun of me just because his Korean and he doesn't know his own basketball team!"

Jaehyun laughed as Younghoon furiously narrowed his eyebrows.

"Calm down. Don't be so harsh on him, he only made that mistake twice. I'm here of my own accord just so you know. He has nothing to do with this now, it was my idea. He told me you apologized and my stupid thought it would be fun to plot this with Eric. I’m sorry.”

"So you're just here to mock me now, aren't you?"

"Maybe a little, yes, but seriously, I'm sorry. There’s actually a reason behind this. I wanted to talk to you. I… I don't want others to mock you because that's my job. You know, it's kind of a shame you never really wanted to talk to me because I- I don't know, I thought we could be good friends when I first met you, and now we're really getting there and I'm really happy about that."

No matter how much he liked Jaehyun by now, he still had this stupid crush remain. So it didn't surprise him much when he almost automatically spotted Jay among a few of his teammates exiting the gym behind Jaehyun.

"Last week, I know you were drunk but you were so sweet to me", Jaehyun continued, but Younghoon felt his ears go deaf the moment Jay walked over to Ten, grabbed his waist and kissed him square on the lips.

The last glimmer of hope shattered in his heart.

It hit him like a truck.

If he only had known that Jay and Ten were a couple, then he wouldn't have had to make a mockery out of himself.

Of course, he wouldn't have tried asking Jay out if he had only known.

If he had asked the others.

"And when you kissed me back in the pool I thought maybe you like me as much as I like- dude. Hey. I'm trying to pour my heart out to you and- are you even listening? Younghoon?"

Jaehyun snapped his fingers in front of Younghoon's face, but he couldn't stop staring at the couple. His mouth twisted and soon he was pressing his lips into a thin line. His eyes automatically watered.

Jaehyun looked over his shoulder to find the cause of Younghoon's misery. He probably discovered the root of all evil when Johnny pointed it out by yelling across the schoolyard.

"Hey, Jung Jaehyun, hands off Ten's , we're running late! Taeyongie's Sangyeopsal is waiting for us, you ungrateful brat!"

"Jung… Jaehyun?"

Jaehyun turned back to him and Younghoon nodded, still trying to hold back his tears.

"No way. You must be kidding me! The whole time you were talking about Jung Yoonoh?!"

So his name was Yoonoh? Maybe he should tell Bong Jaehyun when he sees him again.

"You knew his name wasn't Jaehyun anymore?" Younghoon asked in between shaky breaths.

"I- oh no. Why didn't I think of Yoonoh!”

When Jaehyun suddenly started to laugh, Younghoon couldn’t hold back anymore and uttered a first loud sob. The other immediately sat down next to him and pulled him in a tight hug that Younghoon couldn’t escape no matter how hard he tried at first.

“Hey, no, Younghoon, please, don't you dare cry now. Come on, it's just Yoonoh, that's just a stupid crush, that's not worth your tears- I mean- Jung Yoonoh, seriously? Gosh if I had known, I’m so sorry,” he tried his best to stop laughing, “The week after I came here, he changed his name but I didn’t care because I just met him, you know? And I thought Johnny called half the team Jaehyun for fun, oh my god. So that explains why nobody listens to him.”

“Shut up,” Younghoon whined.

Jaehyun rubbed his back and let go, but leaned over the table to shield him from nosy students. The younger one narrowed his eyes and suppressed his smile.

“Tall, blond, handsome face – God, now I understand. Wait, you didn’t know Ten and Yoonoh were dating?”

Younghoon shook his head. The blond fumbled a tissue out of his bag and wiped away the streaming tears.

“How was I supposed to? I only saw them on Wednesdays and they don’t make it obvious do they?” he sniveled.

"Ten watches every practice on Wednesdays-"

"So did I!"

"Right… right, they aren't very obvious. Maybe apart from the nicknames Ten comes up with all the time. You're right. I'm sorry Younghoon. Well, I could have told you sooner if you had answered my question in the hallway. Or the library-"

"Can you shut up for a second?" Younghoon sobbed and hid his face in his hands.

He leaned his elbows on the table and covered his eyes with his hands. He heard Jaehyun sigh and felt his hand run through his hair. It didn't really help him collect his thoughts, but at least it felt comforting.

"Hey. Why are you crying now?" he asked softly, “I know this may have gone wrong now, but it’s not the end of the world.”

Younghoon mumbled something he couldn't even understand himself.

"Can you repeat that-"

"Because my life ing !" Younghoon yelled.

Yoonoh dating Ten was something he could have swallowed. Worse was everything that had happened after this stupid incident with Kim Jaehyun a few weeks ago. His biggest problem was that it could have been avoided. All of it. If only he had opened up to his friends and asked for their help. If only he had said directly who he meant.

"No, Younghoon, it doesn't. Don't say that. Everything will be fine, I promise. I know Yoonoh is cool, but… he's not even that cool. His rebounds are great though. And he's also a very reliable teammate and he's so nice- B-But he's probably super boring when he's at home, like- okay, he’s funny once you get to know him, but he's like a wine aunt, except he's not allowed to drink wine yet! I mean Johnny hyung always makes fun of his lame behavior at parties, and you saw for yourself how boring he was-"

"I said shut up!"

Jaehyun indeed kept quiet. But only for a minute before he spoke again.

"Hey… hey, Younghoon. Can you please stop crying now? I hate seeing you so sad. Ugh, come on, I know it's hard to see him with someone else, but it's not like he's the last man alive. He's cool, sometimes funny and handsome and stuff - , he is, but- I mean there are plenty of Jaehyuns out there, who- ouch!"

Younghoon slapped his chest. He buried his face in his hands again and sniffed, but he felt the tears stop. He couldn't stop the chuckle that bubbled up his chest.

'Plenty of Jaehyuns', he made it sound even more ridiculous than it already was.

" you, Hyunjae."

"No, come on, say it. You know by now that’s not my name. How come you didn't even know that, by the way? Was- no way, Eric introduced us!" he took a deep scandalized breath, "Okay, whatever, now don't be ashamed to say my name just because another Jaehyun ed up and defiled our reputation."

"Alright," Younghoon took a deep but shaky breath to calm his voice, "Sorry, it just slipped out."

"It's fine."

" you, Jaehyun."

The blond nodded.

"There we go. Feels better, doesn't it? To tell at least one of us we ?"

Jaehyun gently tugged Younghoon's hair. A big smile spread across his face as he heard Younghoon's soft laughter.

"I guess not all of you ."

The dark-haired boy now rested his head on Jaehyun's shoulder, who hesitantly put an arm around his waist. He could hear him swallow and felt him tense up as he snuggled closer to him. It reminded him of how nervous the other had been in the pool.

"Kim Jaehyun has offered to be my wingman and Bong Jaehyun is a sweet kid. And about that weird Lee Jaehyun guy in my math class…"

Jaehyun squeezed his side, making Younghoon laugh out loud. Their eyes met and they smiled at each other. And again he remembered this warm feeling when he saw the affection in the other’s eyes.

"Thank you for taking care of me Jaehyun, even though I wasn't the nicest person at first. And thanks for not making fun of me for once and taking me home last weekend."

He brushed a strand of hair from Younghoon’s forehead before the older boy leaned back against the rest.

"Anytime."

"You know that feeling of… waking up or rather the beginning of recovery? Like when the fog clears?"

At least it was one less source of stress in his life now. Soon he could probably focus on other and more important things again. Or even people.

"Sort of. Hey… I wanted to ask you this without all the tears, but now I'm wondering if you'd feel better with some ice cream or coffee on the way home. Both maybe? My treat of course. I don't like seeing you so down."

"Ice cream? You and me?" Younghoon rubbed his hand over his eyes and wiped away the last stray tears.

He sniffled and sat up, meeting Jaehyun's eyes. They sparkled mischievously. The other shrugged and nodded as he pressed his lips into a thin line.

"Well, if you’re asking me desperately like this already with tears in your eyes, I could never say no, can- ah!" Younghoon pinched his chest, hitting a more sensitive area.

"You’re so shameless."

"Ouch, that hurt! Can you please not aim for my next time?!"

Younghoon smiled innocently and snuggled up to Jaehyun again. This time he wrapped his arm around Younghoon's waist more confidently. He even his side before holding him tightly.

"Nah, that would only be half the fun.”

“Oh boy, I knew it. You peeped on me. Why else would you know exactly where my s are?”

“That again? I know it may be disappointing for you as the mere thought seems to turn you on, but I didn’t peep on you.”

Jaehyun huffed half-offended. He pulled Younghoon a little closer.

“Anyway, about the date you asked for.”

“You know I'm still grounded?"

Jaehyun shrugged before clearing his throat, skillfully ignoring the other's argument.

"I was thinking of showing you my favorite coffee shop. It's close to the metro station near the main gate."

"My mom was already outraged on Monday and I really don't want to see her like this again."

"Well, that wasn’t a ‘no’. Besides, your mom might not like rebellious teenagers, but she does like me. She even said I'll do you good, so I bet she won’t mind if I take you home one more time. I'll even buy you ice cream or coffee, how could that be bad?"

He had - sort of - done it. He had asked Younghoon out. Well, more or less, but he had invited him to have ice cream with him. That was better than nothing. A classic date. Easy. Now at least one of them wasn’t a coward anymore.

But Younghoon wasn’t satisfied. He wanted him to make it clear what he wanted. Not that he didn’t already know, but he wanted him to say it out loud. There was still something he hadn't fully caught because of Yoonoh and Ten after all.

"Don't celebrate just yet. Why did you come to me today? Come on, tell me, you coward. You remember what other students say about this place, don't you? You should take advantage of it and try a little harder."

"Be-Because Eric told me,” he mumbled.

"To mock me, yeah. Because that's your job, I remember, now tell me the truth. Come on, you can do better than me."

"No, no, I- yeah a little bit I guess, but I don't want other people to make fun of you because", he took a deep breath, "Because I like you. And by I like you, I mean that I-I-... I like you a lot, you know? And honestly, I don't want it to be a rumor anymore, that we're… dating. I really thought you would know by now, but now you seem to be even more clueless than I had already thought. Unless you just don't want to know, then that would be very embarrassing now…"

Younghoon couldn't help himself but smile. His smile turned into a grin and soon he was laughing. He sat up again, took Jaehyun's hand into his own and began to play with his fingers.

"You? Like me? I mean- you like me? Are you really trying to say you have a crush on me? You came here to confess to me, right here where I tried to confess to another Jaehyun? You're not exactly the proud type."

Jaehyun clicked his tongue and his face flushed. Shortly thereafter he began to stutter. He looked down at their hands.

Younghoon bit his lip to hide his mischievous smile.

"Okay, wow, that- wow. you, Younghoon. You really think I have a crush on you? Are you delusional? I've never heard such nonsense and… I refuse to admit it when you mess with me like that."

"Poor you, this is just some well-deserved payback. You told my mom you have a crush on me, so I already knew. And you wanted to kiss me in the pool, you even did."

The other snorted.

"Oh please, I didn't kiss you."

"You did."

"You call that a kiss? Your standards must be low, man, we’ve barely touched."

"But we have! Anyway! That's why you asked me out now!"

"I didn't ask, you asked me!"

"Excuse me?! I didn't ask, you just put those words in my mouth!" Younghoon laughed and dropped his hand.

"Yeah, you're probably not wrong there, but… I only wanted to give you the chance to ask at least one Jaehyun out. A real one even."

He brushed a thumb over Younghoon’s damp cheek.

"Very thoughtful of you."

"I know."

Jaehyun joined Younghoon's laughter.

"I think one in four isn’t even the worst rate. And maybe… Maybe you should give it a shot? I mean I'm tall, blond, funny, devilishly handsome, uh - I play basketball! You're totally into that, aren't you?"

Younghoon nodded ironically.

"Oh right, yeah, I'm totally into basketball players."

Jaehyun now stood up and excitedly pointed at Younghoon. Or maybe he was driven by adrenaline, but Younghoon didn't really care. The blond boy was way too cute at the moment to seriously question his behavior.

"I knew it! That's exactly why I started it, of course. Well at least until they’re done with the renovation, but ball sports are ball sports. And last but not least", he paused dramatically, "my name's Jaehyun. See? I have everything you like. All you're obviously looking for in a guy and all you gotta do is agree to go out with me. Open your eyes Younghoon, your ideal boyfriend is literally right in front of you."

Younghoon chuckled and followed him. He shouldered his backpack.

"Okay, now you're the one who sounds desperate."

"Maybe I’ve been a little desperate lately, yes. A tipsy little birdie told me I wasn't trying hard enough for their liking, so I hope I’ve made myself clear now."

"I guess I'll never drink alcohol again in my life. I'll let you off the hook and go have coffee with you if that makes you feel any better."

Jaehyun bowed dramatically.

"How gracious you are."

"Just shooting my shot I guess. I should probably just take any Jaehyun I can get, and you're the first one I didn't even have to chase.”

“Now you got it.”

“Since you know what I - obviously - like in men, will you tell me what you like so I get a chance to make fun of you for once too?"

"Me? Oh, nothing special," Jaehyun shrugged and walked past Younghoon, "There’s just this one cute guy in his swim trunks. Really, nothing special."

The older boy snorted with laughter.

"I knew this was the reason why you watch me practice. ."

Jaehyun sighed.

"Ah yes, I figured that would happen. You were a lot nicer when you were drunk. Suddenly I regret falling for you."

"Oh please."

"I bet you tripped me."

"Of course I did. I can't miss my chance to catch a Jaehyun, can I?"

When Younghoon passed him, Jaehyun suddenly grabbed his hand and pulled him back. Surprised, he turned around and blinked at the blond, who stared at the floor for a second before meeting his eyes.

"Younghoon, I… I guess when I said some people aren't made for each other… I forgot to say people can still try to make it work, you know? I mean… fate, right? And if it doesn’t seem to work out, you should always try to fix it first. Like your parents tried. Of course, sometimes there's no hope and it's better to part ways, but that doesn’t always have to be the case. I'm sorry if I sounded too pessimistic. When you see an opportunity, you should embrace it and… and do your best to make it work before you surrender, okay?"

"And that's what you're trying to do now."

"Kind of, yes? And I-"

"You want me to give you a chance. I’ve got the memo, dude," Younghoon chuckled before giving Jaehyun a serious look, "I don’t want to get your hopes up too high, but I'll try it and give you a chance. I want to spend more time with you, get to know you better and… and I'll go out with you if I think it feels like a good idea. Sounds good?"

Jaehyun clapped his hands once excitedly and spun in a circle before looking happily at Younghoon.

"Better than I imagined! I promise you I won't disappoint you! Gosh, it's so much easier once it's said and done, oh my god, I’ll make you fall for me so hard."

"Cute," Younghoon mumbled.

"By the way, what’s your secret?"

"Secret? You mean my secret to my devilishly handsome looks?" he mocked Jaehyun.

The blond nudged him with his elbow and led him to the main gate.

"Ha-ha! So funny. Don't be mean c’mon you said it has to do with my cute smile."

Younghoon blinked repeatedly as Jaehyun tapped his cheeks in an overly cute way.

"Oh. That secret. That- did I say that?"

"You said it has to do with my cute smile, yes."

It was indeed one of the cutest smiles Younghoon had ever seen, but he never intended to tell Jaehyun. Well at least not in the near future, but today seemed like a good day for at least a little confession.

"When was it?"

"Ah… When you were drunk. The fresh air really knocked you out, didn't it?"

"Yeah, when I said I didn't remember anything, I meant it… I see," Younghoon sighed, laughing awkwardly, "Hyun- Jaehyun, I'm sorry, but I must disappoint you because the secret has already been told."

He scratched the back of his head. The other looked puzzled.

"Huh? You mean- oh… My smile… is cute? You really think so?"

"It was supposed to stay a secret, but yes, I do think that your smile is cute."

Jaehyun gave him what was probably the most charming smile he could offer.

"Wow… Well, yours isn't that bad either. But I have one more question."

"Your interrogation isn't over yet?"

"Nope. Why did you think that I didn't like you? It's not because I tease you a lot, is it?"

Younghoon shrugged.

"I don't know… I mean we didn't have the best start, did we? And you always seemed serious about what you said to me. I really thought you didn't like me and were making fun of me."

The younger nodded. They stopped at an intersection in front of a café when the traffic light turned red. Jaehyun carefully took Younghoon's hand.

"I see. Sorry for that. I am serious, but… with you, you know? I'm serious about my feelings for you. I didn't know you were so sensitive to all I said. And I have to admit that I didn't find you the most approachable person at first, you know?"

Younghoon felt Jaehyun tense for a second as he squeezed his hand.

Cute.

"Yeah, Chanhee says that a lot too. I’m sorry I never gave you a real chance to get to know me."

"It's fine. I never wanted you to dislike me or make you think I didn't like you. Now that I know why you're so stressed out and what you're going through, I can't blame you. I should rather apologize for teasing you on top of that. I'm just glad you’re taking it a lot better than me, when my parents… you know."

"I… yes. It'll be alright."

"You can always talk to me about it."

"Will do."

"I’m serious. You can always talk to me about anything. And you should expect a lot more teasing now that you know I'm not trying to hurt you."

"As long as you can handle me.”

“Oh please, nothing easier than that. Come on, what can I get you, handsome?”

Later, on the way to Younghoon’s home, each with a cup of coffee in hand, Younghoon brought up the night of the party. Or more precisely, what his mother had told him.

"I admit that I thought about kissing you after this party. But! You can't deny that you wanted to kiss me in the pool too!"

"I- What?! Are YOU delusional?" Younghoon laughed sheepishly, "Why would I want to kiss you? I tried to confess to someone else for about three weeks, remember?"

Maybe yes. Maybe he had wished for it a little. But admit it to Jaehyun? No way. At least… not now.

Bickering with Jaehyun was too much fun to back out just yet.

"But now you know me and you said I look good when I'm soaked. You said I'm cute, handsome and you even peeped on me! No way you didn’t want to kiss me!"

"I didn't!"

"You think I'm hot and you wanted to kiss me, just admit you wanted a foretaste of what’s to come!"

"Tz. You- You-"

Jaehyun stopped on the sidewalk in front of Younghoon’s home and grabbed his hand. He turned him around to face him and cupped his cheek.

Younghoon blushed as Jaehyun leaned in. But unlike expected, he just patted his cheek and pinched it.

"I'm just kidding. Why kiss me back if you didn’t mean to, huh? But no need to admit it, I already know who you’re really into."

"Then why are you backing out now?"

Younghoon thought he should pat himself on the back for his bold question.

He was indeed curious about the taste of the other boy's lips, no matter how badly he felt like running away from the slightly awkward feeling right now.

Jaehyun looked into his eyes. Younghoon suppressed a smug smile. He could watch the blond boy's face flush before Jaehyun made an overly indignant sound.

"Younghoon! No kisses on a first date, what the hell?!"

Turning the tables every now and then was fun, so he didn't even think about stopping. He could massage the other’s ego some other time.

"Didn't know you were such a coward."

Jaehyun clicked his tongue and opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. He then quickly covered Younghoon's mouth with his hand, leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss on the back of his hand. This admittedly caught him off guard, and the other noticed and cackled.

"But you think I’m a coward. Of course, Younghoon. Of course. I'll wait until you're ready for me."

Younghoon snorted at that. He couldn't let his guard down. He shouldn't let Jaehyun off the hook so easily now that he had him for once.

"Only a coward would kiss his own hand instead of his crush's lips."

"Oh come on, your mom's watching us. I can't just kiss you in front of my future mother-in-law."

Younghoon shook his head.

"A little quick, aren't you? Anyway, you wanted a chance, I gave it to you, and you missed it. Again. Congrats, now I know why you don't want to continue playing basketball when you're so bad at scoring."

The way Jaehyun lost his composure was a very satisfying sight, with his eyes all widened and his mouth hanging open.

"What?! No! No, Younghoon, you did not just say that! Give me another chance, you’re playing unfair!"

"Nope, now I'm not doing it anymore. Time’s up. Game over. Not my problem if you don't try harder."

"But Younghoon!"

"Are you two done now?!"

"Oof, Mrs Kim, is that really necessary?! This is important!"

 

*

 

*

 

*

 

With the first falling leaves, the rumors died down. He didn't know what Ten had done but whatever it was, it had worked. A few teasing comments here and there, but nothing he couldn't handle. Now Younghoon could sit on the infamous bench without people gossiping about him or anyone.

Enjoying the quiet, he patiently waited for Jaehyun to come out of the newly renovated gym. He should be done changing now.

Earlier when he had tried to text him where he was waiting for him, his phone had died, although it had since been repaired several times. So he had asked for Eric’s help, who had been waiting outside for Juyeon, to tell Jae where he was.

The younger had beamed and waved him goodbye and for a second Younghoon had seen his life flash before his eyes.

But no.

No.

He could trust Eric.

The youngest knew that Younghoon and Jaehyun had become much closer lately. He knew that Younghoon often called Jaehyun ‘Jae’ or ‘Jaejae’ and he was aware that they were somehow exclusive.

At least, that’s what Younghoon had thought.

"Hey Younghoon? Eric said you wanted to talk to me?"

But of course it had been a bad idea to ask Eric again.

Yoonoh raised an eyebrow when Younghoon didn't answer at first. Then the black-haired just smiled apologetically. His face stayed cool, his heart didn't jump out of his chest, and he didn't even get the lump in his throat when he saw Yoonoh right in front of him anymore.

"I don't mean to be rude, but Ten's already waiting-"

Younghoon shook his head slightly.

"Right, sorry", he chuckled, "I'm really sorry Yoonoh, but that’s just a misunderstanding. I told Eric to send me Lee Jaehyun, but I just said Jae. He probably just mixed up your nicknames. The poor kid is still not comfortable with his native language and the names you use on the court, but no wonder with such a stupid policy."

"Ah~ Jaehyun, I see. It's good to see you together. You’re a good match, if you allow me. And uh… you should know that he talks about you all the time, even before you got together. Not in a bad way! But, uh," he chuckled, "He really likes you a lot. It’s a miracle Jacob’s ears haven’t fallen off yet."

Younghoon smiled fondly. He didn’t mind that people still thought he and Jaehyun were dating. The other had done his best to keep this rumor alive and eventually make Younghoon fall seriously in love with him. Now all they only had to do was make it official.

"Yeah, I know he does. He helped me a lot and he's a really sweet and caring guy. I feel like he’s balancing me, you know?"

"Yeah, I do the same for Ten, but don't worry, I can tell he's a lot worse than you could ever be."

They both laughed.

"By the way, Yoonoh? Now that you're here, could you do me a favor and tell him I want to thank him?"

"Sure, what did he do?"

"I don't actually know exactly, but… I think he'll know what I mean."

"Okay, will do. And after that I’ll make sure we introduce our team to Eric again before he officially joins us next year. We should practice more often with the junior team and Johnny should really stop calling me Jaehyun during practice. Most of the time the kids don't really get a chance to get to know us. Well then, I'm sorry if I bothered you," Yoonoh smiled apologetically.

"Don't be. It was my fault after all. Next time I should make myself clear."

"It's fine, don't worry. Oh, good news, I see the Jae in question!" Yoonoh exclaimed.

Younghoon turned and saw Jaehyun near the pool, watching them. Younghoon waved and gestured for him to come over. Yoonoh also waved and called for him.

When Jaehyun arrived, he greeted them.

"You shouldn't keep him waiting too often."

"Oh, you have no idea how many times he’s kept me waiting already. Hey handsome."

This time, Younghoon’s heart rate increased and he began to feel warm and fuzzy. This feeling wasn't entirely new anymore, but it felt like it was getting more and more intense lately. The blond waved with his smartphone in his hand and Younghoon couldn't hold back his smile.

"Hey."

"I guess Eric should spend more time with us than just Juyeon. One day I'll strangle this kid. And you don’t seem to have gotten my text saying I'll pick you up at the pool?"

“Exactly. I’ll probably need a new battery. Or… a new phone."

"Well, it seems like Eric's still a bit confused about our team," Yoonoh laughed, "Alright, if you don't need anything, I'll leave you both alone. See you around?"

Younghoon nodded.

"Sure. Goodbye, Yoonoh."

"Bye you two, have a nice evening. Your style has really improved, by the way. Are you still sure you want to switch back to tennis, Jaehyun?"

"Yeah, maybe it’s better for team communication too," Jaehyun grinned and Yoonoh nodded, "See you tomorrow, bye."

"Too bad, but I guess you’re right. Bye then!"

Yoonoh left them and walked over to his boyfriend who was waiting for him at the gate.

Jaehyun cleared his throat as Yoonoh seemed to be glued to his boyfriend's lips. He tapped his toes and looked at Younghoon curiously.

"So? What did Yoonoh want from you? You laughed a lot, but since he's almost devouring Ten, I’m guessing he wasn't exactly hitting on you, was he?”

Younghoon raised an eyebrow. He still loved the sight of Jaehyun losing his composure. As he shrugged and looked back at Yoonoh and Ten leaving the school grounds, he heard Jaehyun take a deep breath.
Saying goodbye to Yoonoh out loud had felt like the last step.

Now he could finally concentrate fully on the real Jaehyun. No more ninety-nine percent. He was head over heels in love with the other. In love with the slightly jealous moron who snapped his fingers right in Younghoon’s face because he thought he wasn’t listening.

“Hoon. I mean it. Please say he wasn't, I don't really stand a chance against him."

"No, actually, there's this other guy that drew my attention. Ah, I guess I didn't catch his name. I think it was something common."

He could almost feel Jaehyun furrow his eyebrows and stare at him.

"Which guy?"

He looked up at Jaehyun, who was growing impatient with every passing second.

"Tall, quite fit."

"Oh, really?"

"Mhm, with a really handsome face", Younghoon stood up and shouldered his backpack, "and a charming smile and… oh there he is!"

Jaehyun turned around so quickly that Younghoon thought the other was going to get whiplash. He even turned a little further to find the imaginary rival.

"The , Younghoon, there's-"

Younghoon quickly leaned in to press a kiss to the blond's lips as he turned back to face him.

"Are you blind? He's right in front of me. And he should bleach his roots again."

The other blinked as Younghoon twirled a strand of Jaehyun's damp hair between his fingers. When he laughed, Jaehyun pursed his lips in a pout and slapped his shoulder.

"."

He pulled Jaehyun into a tight hug and rubbed his back. The younger whined half-heartedly, but quickly fell silent when Younghoon kissed his cheek. Younghoon could see the other's face flush. He couldn't resist the urge to plant a second kiss on the other side.

As if he didn’t know, he found Jaehyun’s beanie in the younger boy’s hoodie’s pocket.

"Relax, it’s been very quiet lately, no one's hitting on me anymore, except for your desperate . Eric just messed up again, nothing new. This Jay isn’t that Jae and not every Jaehyun is a real Jaehyun, you know? The usual."

"Explains a lot. You really should tell him to stop looking for other Jaehyuns", he joked, "or I might get jealous."

“Sure. You already are.”

“Of Yoonoh?" he snorted, "No ing way.”

"Of course not. You looked like you're about to cry."

He pulled the beanie over Jaehyun’s eyes. Then he pinched his cheek when the other boy failed to hide his smile.

"Gosh, you're so cute… But yeah, he can stop now, especially since I’ve already found the right one. It’s no longer necessary."

Jaehyun fixed his hat.

"Oh? You found him?"

"Okay, okay, he ran after me. But maybe I’ll keep him, who knows?"

The younger one raised an eyebrow as the older boy bit his lip.

"We finally agree that you like me back?" he joked.

Younghoon now loosely grabbed Jaehyun's shirt and leaned against him. Their faces were so close that he could almost feel the other one's breath on his lips. He on his bottom lip as he saw Jaehyun over his own lips while staring down at Younghoon's.

He thought about their last kind-of-a-date a few days ago, when Jaehyun had walked him home afterwards and kissed him almost senseless in front of the door. He really wanted to feel the sensation again that had sent shivers down his spine, no matter how much fun Jaehyun would make of him for blushing alone at the thought of making out with him.

"Well, if that Jaehyun thinks I look cute in my swimming trunks?" he murmured.

Jaehyun immediately locked eyes with Younghoon.

"Gross. You ."

Younghoon sighed dramatically and smiled regretfully. He let himself fall forward into the blond’s arms.

"I- yeah, okay, I’ll admit defeat. I surrender. My bad. Wow."

When he looked up, Jaehyun beamed at him. There was still a touch of pink on his cheeks.

"You're lucky because you're the cutest swimmer I could ever imagine."

"Then I can really tell Eric to stop sending me other Jaehyuns I guess."

“You better!” Jaehyun laughed.

He grabbed Younghoon's waist as the other one wrapped his arms properly around his neck.

Younghoon brushed his thumb over Jaehyun's cheek. He paused before leaning all the way in.

"Be my boyfriend?"

Jaehyun cocked his head.

"But I thought we're already dating, or was that just rumors?"

Younghoon grinned and leaned in to seal the other's lips with his own. As Jaehyun pulled him closer, he hoped for a second they wouldn’t get caught like Jacob and Sangyeon.

 

*

 

*

 

*

 

*

 

*

 

"Are you going to visit your dad today?"

Younghoon handed Jaehyun his ordered coffee and received a kiss on the cheek in return before Jaehyun wrapped his arm around his waist and left the coffee shop with him.

"Yup. Or… I don't know, maybe I'll take my boyfriend home first and… invite myself over. We'll see."

"Oh? Sounds like you have any plans?"

"I don't know, maybe I'll squabble with his mom, then I'll cuddle with my beloved Bori and then… I'll probably crush him in some of his favorite video games.”

Younghoon rolled his eyes in amusement.

"Yeah, you wish."

Then Jaehyun leaned in with a confident smile on his face.

“I’ll make it up to you, don’t worry. I won’t disappoint you- oh, wait, look at that!”

Younghoon only saw the hood that Jaehyun was pulling at first, but then he saw the young boy’s face.

“Hey!” Eric complained.

The blond pushed him back into the arms of a slightly confused but gleefully laughing Juyeon.

“You, my dear, should learn who your friends are once and for all!”

“Did you mix it up again?” Juyeon asked.

“What?! No! Hyung, you said Jay!”

"I said Jae! Pronunciation!” Younghoon scolded, “Well- Jae, as in my Jae, Jaejae, Lee Jaehyun, your Hyunjae hyung! Goddammit, Eric! It can't be that difficult! I know that too, and I'm not even a member of your team!"

Eric laughed out loud and bowed deeply.

"Oh! Hyung, oh my god, I'm so sorry! I really misunderstood you the whole time, oh my god! Why didn't you just tell me that you wanted to talk to Hyunjae hyung the whole time- ah!"

Younghoon rolled his eyes and pulled the younger one into a headlock.

"You know what? Until you're fluent I won't ask you for any more favors to avoid these incidents. Deal?"

He ruffled his hair.

"Yes, deal, please, oh my god, deal! I'm really sorry, I hope you can forgive me."

He let go of him and nudged his shoulder.

"I do. For now. Now be a good boy and leave us alone. How can Juyeon even handle you?"

“I can’t-”

"He’s often very exhausted, but he loves me a lot because I'm cute, so he doesn't complain, right hyung?" the youngest beamed.

"How can a person be so shameless?” Jaehyun huffed.

“You’re one to talk. All right, we have a date. See you tomorrow."

 

 

***********

 

DONE!
Yay! But also not really yay because I really had a lot of fun writing and now I already miss it haha

Remember I had planned to write a like 5k OS. And... then I slipped and fell and I can't get up because bbangmil are SO DAMN SWEET OMG.
(Gosh, TBZ give me life lol I'm so mad that I cannot attend their concert here :^)

And again I want to thank you guys for your love and support! <3

If you liked the story, feel free to recommend it to your friends! And if you didn't like it, feel free to recommend it to your enemies!

But for now it's 2:45 am, I'm FINALLY done editing the out of the last chapter and I'm A LITTLE tired and don't know what else to say.

Well.

Bye then and thank you! <3