Geuege

Him

Kim Minseok or Xiumin, as what his employees call him is a fine bachelor. He is the owner of 'Purr-fect Haven', a cat-themed cafe. If you love coffee, pastries and cats then this shop is the right place for you.

Like what I said before, this cafe's theme is cats. Why? Simply because Xiumin, the owner is a cat lover himself. In fact, he has a cat of his own called Tan, a Norwegian Forest breed.

Tan, the cat  is cute furball that has long black fur on the backside and top of he's head and white fur on from his face down to his belly.

Back to the cafe, everything on the cafe either have cat face on it or is related about cats. Cat frames are hanging on the walls and the tables and chairs have cat accents on it. The mugs used are shaped like a cat and the cups have cat prints, the straws also have a cat accessory.

And in one corner, there is a cat playground housing some stray cats that the cafe rescued. You can also bring your own cat so you bith can relax and spend time together there.

Because of his love towards cats, Xiumin is starting to look like a cat himself. He have big, round eyes and pouty red lips. He also have whisker-like features adorning his face. He looks so innocent, he doesn't seem to be a 33-year-old man.

Many people adored Xiumin very much not just because of his looks but because of his good nature. For one, as I said earlier, he provide shelter for the stray cats; he also helps anyone who is in need given that it is within his capabilities; and lastly, as an employer, he really looks out to his employees, he treats them well. He won't get angry with them if they made mistakes instead, he points out what is wrong and guides them calmly on what to do to fix it.

Quite good, right?

But despite all those, there seems to be something missing. Do you notice it?

He is LONELY.

Yes, he have his cute furball but it still feels different to have another person in your life. Someone who is there willing to give you a warm hug, someone who you can talk to about what happen on both your days, someone who'll share your burdens and someone who knows how to calm you when you're feeling so stressed out.

He wish he have someone whom he'll share his life with.

*Sighs*

Xiumin let out a deep sigh as he stands behind the counter, looking blankly on the computer. He's thinking again, he's been doing that lately.

Ugh, seriously? Maybe he really needed to find someone.

He's very focused on thinking that he didn't noticed someone walking towards the counter and came to stand opposite him.

"That's a deep one." A low, cheerful voice uttered

Startled, Xiumin looked up to see a man same height as he is smiling towards him.

He can't believe his eyes. The man in front of him is handsome. Now that he's smiling, it looks like his eyes had disappeared and his high cheekbones are visible. He's smile exudes warmth causing the butterflies in his stomach gone wild.

"Excuse me." The man speaks again which made Xiumin snap out of his trance

"Oh, I'm.. I'm sorry!" Xiumin shyly spoke and mentally smacked himself for openly staring at the man as he looked down at the keyboard to hide his embarrassement and to also compose himself.

The man only smiled amusedly as he observe the other not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

When Xiumin is sure he's alright, he put a smile on his face as he lifts his head to look at the man opposite him again.

He clears his throat before he talked.

"Uhm, what can I get you, sir?" Xiumin asked politely

The other man smiled before he answered "One Venti sized Iced Americano please."

"Would you like it To Go?" Xiumin asked again as he typed

"Yes, please." The other said

"That would be 3, 700 won, sir. Would you like to pay in cash or by card?" Xiumin inquired

"I'll pay with my card." The man said. He took out his wallet then take the card out before giving it to Xiumin

After a minute, Xiumin give back the card and the receipt along with it

"Oh, uhm, one more thing. Can I get your name?" Xiumin asked hesitantly

"Oh, wow, how brave you are to get my name that fast." The man spurted out as he chuckled

This statement get Xiumin's already big eyes to get even bigger as he stared incredulously at the man in front of him.

"W-what!!!???" Xiumin exclaimed

"I asked for your name so that I can put it on the cup. That way, it won't get mixed with the other orders." He added

The man looked at him still laughing but when he saw the look on the other's face, he willed himself to stop and smile instead.

"I was just joking, I'm sorry. My name is Kim Jongdae but you can put 'Chen' on the cup so it is short." He said

"Alright, sir. You may take your seat wherever as you wait for your coffee." Xiumin said, completely ignoring the latter's apology

"Hey, please, I'm sorry." The man named Chen apologized again

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Can you move now, you aren't the only customer here." Xiumin said, dismissing the man.

                                            ~O~

Chen looked behind him, surprised and like what the other said, there are other customers behind him. He stepped aside to let the other customers order.

How come he didn't notice there are others behind him? Is it why the handsome man manning the register react that way?

Now, he's feeling guilty. He wanted to apologize again but the other is busy taking orders.

Sighing, he looked around the cafe to find a place for himself and he found an empty table for 2 people just near the counter. He takes a seat there as he watched the other converse with his customers with a smile adorning his face, it's like he didn't become pissed just a few moments ago.

Chen can't stop himself from staring. The other really looked so handsome and so innocent. The other's smile is so contagious he can't stop himself from smiling as well.

He continued on watching when suddenly, both their eyes meet but for just a second as the other averts his gaze quickly.

                                            ~O~

Xiumin just finished with the last order and he looks around the cafe and he smiles to himself. But then, he's gaze land on one man sitting near the counter. But not just any man, it is the man from before, it's Chen. He is staring towards him and it made him blush slightly so he continued to roam his eyes around the cafe.

He really is embarrassed from before. When Chen joked about asking for his name, the customers behind the man looked at both of them that's why he acted that way. But he cannot deny the fact that the latter's laugh made him feel giddy inside. The man's laughter is melodious for him.

"Hyung!"

/*Hyung = brother*/

Xiumin snapped his head towards his employee.

"Mark, wae?" He asked

/*wae = why*/

"Here is the Iced Americano." Mark said as he hands the order

"Gomawo, Mark!"

/*Gomawo = thank you (informal)*/

The employee bowed as he return to his work.

Xiumin checked the cup for the last time and see for who it was. His insides have gone wild again because of anticipation and shyness when he saw the man written on it.

He inhaled and exhaled s couple of times to prepare his self to another encounter with the man.

"Iced Americano, to go for Chen ssi!" Xiumin called out not long after

                                            ~O~

Hearing his name being called, Chen abruptly stood up from his chair that he almost tripped himself garnering chuckles and giggles around him.

He felt shameful especially when he saw the man behind the counter is also giggling because of his clumsiness. He hastily walk to the counter, thankful he's seat is just near.

"Chen here." He announced as he cmae in front of the man

"Here is your Iced Americano, sir."

"Ye, kamsahamnida." Chen said with a sheepish smile as he reached out for his coffee

/*Ye, kamsahamnida = Yes, thank you (formal)*/

Xiumin bowed down as a sign of respect.

Chen turns to leave but then, he remembers something so he turned to Xiumin again.

"Uhm, I'm sorry...???" Chen started but hr trailed off

Xiumin gets the gesture so he answered the hidden question. "Kim Minseok or if you prefer, Xiumin."

"Well then, I'm sorry for earlier, Xiumin. I didn't mean to embarrass you. It supposed to be a joke just to lighten the mood." Chen explained

"It's alright. I'm also sorry for my action. It's just embarrassing, like you said." Xiumin assured with his genuine smile

Chen smiled back and waved goodbye to Xiumin which the latter return before walking to the door and out the coffee shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finished!

How do you guys think of this story???

Hanging, right??? ㅋㅋㅋ

If you want a sequel, let me know

Anyways, Saengil chukhahamnida, Xiumin Oppa, saranghae 🖤

Vote and Comment, yeoreobun
Kamsahamnida! 💚🖤💙