-Fin-

Birthday surprise

Mina sighed as she walked into her apartment. She kicked her shoes off putting her slippers on. she pulled out her phone looking at it smiling sadly. "Happy birthday to you..." She mumbled to herself. 

 

Mina's girlfriend Nayeon had to go on a last minute business trip last night and wouldn't be back for a few days. She had promised her a birthday celebration once she was back. But she hadn't even sent Mina a simple 'happy birthday' text. She couldn't be mad she knew the woman had her hands full. 

 

She plopped down on the couch looking at the spot where Nayeon usually sat. She took a pillow and placed it there. She gently laid her head on it. She wasn't normally the clingy type. But in nights like this where Nayeon had to go on a trip she found herself a little extra lonely. A little extra cold. A little extra in need of cuddles. So here she lay pretending this incredibly uncomfortable decorative pillow Nayeon hated was the girls lap. And it was good enough for now. As she laid there she kissed her eyes letting herself fall asleep. 

 

Nayeon unlocked the door and quietly made her way into the apartment. She had a cake in one hand a takeout bag from Minas favorite restaurant hanging from her wrist and a few gift bags in the other hand. She laid the items on the dining table and tiptoed to the living room. She was surprised to see Mina asleep but smiled. "Ah look a sleeping penguin." She whispered to herself. She made her way back to the kitchen to set up her surprise dinner for the girl.

 

Mina woke up as she heard a noise. She looked around taking stock of the situation. She was home alone. Or she should be anyway. So who was making that noise? She quietly tiptoed to the closet grabbing the bat that Nayeon kept for such occasions. She listened again to pinpoint where the noise was coming from. 

 

Nayeon was almost done she had played the food and put the gifts under the table. The final thing she was doing was to put the candles on the cake. Suddenly Mina came around the corner the bat poised above her shoulder as she prepared to swing at the intruder. Nayeon screamed suddenly seeing Mina her hand slipped smearing the frosting on top that said 'day'. Nayeons scream caused Mina to scream dropping the bat to the floor with a loud clank. 

 

Mina stared at Nayeon for a moment before quickly jumping into her arms. "Nay!" Nayeon was surprised by her normally quiet girlfriends excitement. "Well what's gotten into you. If I didn't know any better I'd think you had a crush on me or something." She teased as she gently rubbed her back. Mina lightly pinched her hip. "I missed you stupid." Nayeon smiled proudly. 

 

"I thought I was usually the clingy one. I missed you too. and I hated the thought of missing your birthday..." She held her tighter. "So I had Jeongyeon go and cover for me." Mina smiled. "Really?" Nayeon smiled and nodded. "Happy birthday my love." Nayeon leaned down face to face with the girl cupping her cheek and kissing her softly. Mina blushed and kissed her back wrapping her arms around her neck holding her close. 

 

After a moment Nayeon pulled away her hands resting naturally on the woman's waist. "So my penguin I got your favorite dinner on the table waiting for us. We should eat before it gets cold." Mina looked at it excitedly. "Nay have I told you how much I love you?" Nayeon smiled. "You haven't told me yet today." Mina pecked her lips. "I love you so so much. Thank you." Nayeon smiled. "I love you too my beautiful penguin. You know I'd do anything just to see you smile right?" Mina blushed and nodded. "All you have to do is be here." Nayeon kissed her forehead then pulled away pulling out the chair at the table for Mina. "Come on dinner time I haven't eaten all day." Mina sat down and pouted. "Why didn't you eat? it's like 7pm!" Nayeon smiled sheepishly. "Well I was in the plane my love." Mina nodded. "Now you have to make sure to eat a lot then." Nayeon sat down and nodded. "I will eat lots don't worry!" They fell into a comfortable conversation as they ate. Nayeon did as she always did and teased Mina at every opportunity. 

 

As they finished Nayeon took a match and lit the candles on the small cake. "Make a wish penguin." Mina closed her eyes 'I wish to get married to Nayeon next year.' She blew out the candle. Nayeon smiled. "So what did you wish for? A puppy? A new PC?" Mina shook her head. "I'm not telling." Nayeon laughed softly knowing the girl would never tell her this was their fifth birthday together after all. And their third as a couple. 

 

Nayeon cut the cake serving herself and Mina each a slice. she got a bit of frosting on her hand and wiped it on Minas nose. Mina pouted. "Yahhhh." Nayeon chuckled. "Oh look my penguin made a mess of herself. I should clean it for her." She kissed her nose before using a napkin to wipe the rest off. Mina blushed a bit. Nayeon nudged her lightly with her knee. "Eat up then you'll get your presents." Minas eyes lit up. "Presents?" Nayeon chuckled again. "What you thought I wouldn't get you presents?" Mina played with her fingers. "I figured you were to busy and would do it later..." She admitted. "I wouldn't have minded you're enough of a present for me." It was Nayeons turn to blush a bit. "Eat eat." she held up a fork full of cake for her. 

 

They ate the playful mood surrounding them as Nayeon continued being her normal self. After they finished Nayeon took everything to the sink and washed them. She took the presents and sat them on the table in a specific order. "This ones first." Mina tilted her head as she took it. She opened it surprised to see a piplup plushie. She hugged it tightly. "Awe he's so soft!" Nayeon passed her the next bag smiling. "This next." Mina opened it and found a big cozy looking light purple sweater. She gasped softly. "This is so soft to!" Nayeon chuckled. She gave Mina the last bag. Mina opened it pulling out a set of mugs. 'Mrs.Im' they both said. She looked up at Nayeon who had a soft smirk on her lips. She looked back down at the mugs studying them. Nayeon pulled a ring box out of her pocket getting up from her chair and going to Minas side. "Minari~" 

 

Mina widened her eyes even more. A rush of syllables but no actual words sputtered our of causing Nayeon to chuckle again. Nayeon then cleared . "So before we started dating I know I was kind of a player. I was running away from love cause I thought I would just get hurt again." Mina nodded looking at her. "I met you and immediately fell for you. But it took me almost two whole years to confess because I still wasn't ready. I didn't deserve you yet." Mina pouted at that sentence obviously not agreeing. "But now we've been together for a while and I've worked hard. I still don't think I deserve you but...I know what you deserve. You deserve every one of your wishes. So Myoui Mina My penguin. My love. My darling. Will you willingly put up with me for the rest of our lives and be my wife?" 

 

Mina had started crying at some point she didn't know when but that didn't matter. She dropped her her knees and hugged Nayeon tightly. "Yes of course I will." 

 

Nayeon smiled proudly releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Thank god!" Nayeon mumbled. Mina looked at her sniffling a bit. "You thought I might say no?" Nayeon shrugged. "I dunno maybe you'd finally realize you deserve the world." 

 

Mina pinched her hip again. "You are my world silly." Mina kissed her softly. Nayeon blushed at both the girls words and her kiss. They pulled back and Nayeon took her hand slipping the ring into her finger. "Now let's go watch some movies?" Mina nodded excited. "Harry Potter time!"