Chapter 2

You're my Angel

Hyukjae silently and slowly walking through the crowd, hiding his face in the hood. Although he never really cares when people gaze never left his face every single time, but it doesn’t mean like he like the attention. While walking, some where in his closed and lock heart there was some tugging which felt really uncomfortable, although the feeling was so very little, but he doesn’t know why it bugging him.

“Maybe I shouldn’t go this concert after all?” he thought and slowly stop walking and want to turn back home. One step then he just sigh “stupid me, what could happen in a concert which like thousand of people there which only have one motive to see the guys, I should be safe there... heck I don’t even know I even could accept another person as I never manage to grant my last wisher wish” shaking his head, he started to walk back toward the concert venue.

Yes, He as an angel have one sole purpose which is to grant people wishes, but to trigger this, that person must have a really good and strong connection with what he wants to wishes. For a human to have the chance to even been grant the opportunity for an angel to grant their wishes, it not that easy, fact it is really rare as not many humans actually have that much of yearns to want one thing and only that in his/her life. Like Hyukjae, as an angel, there was only one time he got to meet a human which manage to trigger him and have his wish to be grant, but unfortunately… his first ever wisher have been his last ever wisher. He would never ever want it again; human wish traumatizes him more than ever. And its Aiden that manage to instill it in him.

Shaking his head before he starts to remember memory that he has try to bury deep in his soul, he put an earphone to his ear and start listening to music to calm his heart, once the pumping music blasted in his ear, he smiles and all the memory vanish and he walk with some peace in his mind and soul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hyung!!! Get of mee now!!!” yelled the brunette. “Noooo, I need my vitamin now, Hae-ahh, it felt so good hugging you! It felt like a fish” reply the pink bunny. “Scoff! Like you ever hug a fish before, you always hug that freaking devil in disguise “said Donghae while trying to peel himself off from this particular bunny.

“I do~ you are the only fish I ever hug and it felt good,” said Sungmin while grinning. The brunette cannot say anything and just sigh in defeat.

“Sungmin-ah, let go of Donghae now, noona stylist is looking for you in the makeup room. Go gett ready now.” Said the Leeteuk while shaking his head.

“Minnie!! You should have got angry when Donghae said I’m a devil! You know I’m as good boy as the church guy over there!” said Kyuhyun which a fake pout. Leeteuk and Donghae only rolled their eyes looking at their maknae

“Aww you are forever a good boy and cute one in my heart,” said the bunny while to change his hug target to his love one beside him. “Let go company me to see noona” Said Sungmin happily while tugging the maknae hand to follow him. Kyuhyun happily obliged to the wish.

“OMG! Finally, I’m free!!” Said Donghae while stretching his hand above. Don’t get him wrong, he loves the affection of the hyung that he got, in fact all this affection actually helps to warm his dull and cold heart in some way. But yeah, that one particular hyung sometime forget just how freakingly strong he is. Donghae chuckle to his own thought. He thought got cut off when he hears someone calling his name.

“Hae-ah, how are you today? Ready to meet our fan? I know you miss them right” said the oldest while the brunette hair.

“Yea Hyung, I’m fine, and I really cannot want to meet all the ELF, they really giving me all the warmness and love that I yearn in my heart.” Said the brunette with a smile but there a hint of sadness in his smile. Other people might miss it, but don’t forget which whom he’s talking now, Leeteuk will never miss all this small thing especially when it coming from all his precious dongsaeng.

It was Donghae dream to sing in the stage, it was his life since he knows how to dance, but it was a fact that this dream was supposed to be a dream of two. From the 1st time he ever stands on the stage until now, the biggest ever accomplished he can made as a singer to sing in the Seoul Olympic Stadium. It was supposed to be two persons stand beside each other, but only he and him alone stand now, holding on the dreamt they have been talking since a kid. “Jae-ah... I’m here, almost... grant our biggest dream ever, it was supposed to be us two... but you went first and leave me alone here…”

Reminiscence this old memory really was hurtful at first, it become a bit bearable after a while, but when he thinks how much they both really want this and dream about it, the loneliness become unbearable for him, and here a tear falls down again for the memory and for him.

“Hae-ah, be strong okay, I know this is your and his dream, and I know he will be happy that you manage to make it come true for you and for him as well.” Said Leeteuk while the brunette back, hoping it can give him some kind of comfort.

“Yeah, I know hyung, I’m going to have fun today and think about all the happy memory for him and also for me as well. I know he is watching me somewhere now. If he saw me crying now, he surely would tease for me endless” Said Donghae while chuckling.

“That’s the spirit. Let have fun today okay!” said Leeteuk. “Ok, go touch up your makeup now, aigoo noona going to be mad when she sees you face now” Continue Leeteuk while laughing.

“*Pout* I didn’t cry that muchhh!!”. Leeteuk just keep laughing after hearing Donghae reply. “Yeah yeah sure dongsaeng-ah, now go go” Leeteuk said after he stop laughing.

After he done touching up his make-up back, of course along with nagging voice from Jihae noona. He strolls around the stadium and went to the upper level of the sit and look at the grand stage that he will be standing later on with the member, A smile break out from his lips “Jae-ah, I really wish you here, somewhere now to see me in this stage later. This is me fulfilling my last promise to you… Although it was hard and painful road these 7 years, but he manages to brace himself until now only because of that one promise he made with his best friend on his deathbed.

 

~~~~Flashback...~~~

 

“Hae-ah… Can you promise me something?” Ask Jaehyuk lifeless while looking at his best friend that already in tears

“No! I don’t want too! We need to do it together! I know you will fight this, no we will fight this together! Jae-ah tell me you won’t give up! Please Jae-ah…” Said Donghae struggling as he tries to control his tear

Jaehyuk just smile and shake his head “Hae-ah, promise me you will do all your best until you can stand on stage at Seoul Olympic Stadium. Stand for both of us no matter how long it going to take.” Said Jaehyuk still looking at the crying mess boy in front of him. “Can you Hae-ah? Might be I won’t be able to stand beside you, but I promise I will be with you still, in your heart always... or maybe just become ghost and keep sticking myself to you until you fulfill this promise” continue Jaehyuk while chuckling to ease the atmosphere in the room.

“No, I don’t want to! I want to stand with you together! Not in my heart and of course not as ghost! That so creepy! God just how the hell you can even think like that!” said the boy annoyingly but still chuckling to their conversation now.

Jaehyuk always know what to say and what to do to when he’s to overwhelm with his emotion. He knows he had no other choice but to accept the promise and do all he got to make sure the promise fulfilled. It’s just the way it has been, He never know how to say no to Jaehyuk, even though he knows accepting this promise meaning that he needs to accept the fact that his best friend will leave him forever.

Jaehyuk was diagnosed with Cancer last stage and only have 3 months to live. When he hears this news, he was in mess. He doesn’t know how to process the information that he just heard. When he sees how calm Jaehyuk was, it hurt him more because he knows it meant that Jaehyuk already accept his fate.

“Hae-ah... can you please promise? it’s my and only wis…” before Jaehyuk could finish the word, Donghae went and hug the boy tightly while saying “I promise Jae-ah... I promise!”. When he sees how the boy in front of him almost in tear and sees Jaehyuk eyes full of loneliness, anxiety, fear and worse grief, he cannot take it anymore and only can say the promise Jaehyuk ask from him... “Ah... friend... I guess we both is a mess...” thought Donghae in his heart. “Thank you, Hae-ah… ahh this really . I want to do more… I want to train more with you, I want to able dance with you... sing with you... why fate so harsh Hae-ah... why me… I try to be strong... but it hurt... it …. I want to live Hae-ah…” Jaehyuk just lost it when he finally got the word from his best friend. Oh, how he wishes all of this just a nightmare and he just going to woke up next morning and continue practicing with Donghae afterward

Both of the guy just keeps hugging and crying in both embraces. There is no more embarrassment or whatsoever, they both need the hug, because this might be the only way they can express just how much each other meant to both. And this might be the last time they could ever hug to felt each other presence and that thought make them tighten the hug much more. Hoping this could help them to forget that dreadful fate.

~~~ End of Flashback~~~~

The brunette just sighs when the last memory of Jaehyuk flash to his mind. “Jae-ah, one last hour before I would fulfill my promise to you on that stage.  If you really beside me as ghost like you said, you better make sure to look at me because you really give me one of hell just to fulfill you damn promise.”  Said the brunette alone and chuckling to the thought that his best friend as ghost and lingering around him.

“I really wish you are here Jae-ah, really really wish for it... in fact if given the chance to meet you again even just for a second, I would trade it for anything now even my life”