-One-

Not worthy

Shuhua sat on her stool bored out of her mind. She thought that if boredom could kill someone she'd be dead long ago. She looked down at her phone. Scrolling she saw news about her recent favorite idol group Gidle. The 5 members on the cover looking gorgeous as ever she opened it quickly. 'Gidles lead dancer Seo Soojin caught in a scandal over a year ago. The company has made the decision to end her contract and cut ties with her.' Shuhua's eyes widened. "Well that . She was my favorite. "She pouted softly. After a moment of scrolling some more she sighed and put her phone away. "I hope she's okay she always looked so sweet and shy. Definitely not the bully they made her out to be."

 

Shuhua heard the bell ring signalling someone walking in. "Hey welcome in." She greeted without looking up. The woman who came in came to the counter. Shuhua looked up at her. "Hey how can I help you?" As she looked into the girls eyes she recognized her. She tried to act like she didn't as she thought maybe she would continue to shop here. But her eyes were as expressive as always and they told the other girl everything she needed to know. 

 

"Ah crap you do recognize me." She muttered in Chinese. Shuhua stuttered but spoke back in Chinese. "Y-Yuqi wait I promise I'm not some crazy sasaeng. I won't make a big deal of it. I will even forget to tell you about the sales or not give you a bag like normal customers." Yuqi had a grin on her face covered by her mask. "You're a funny girl I like you. But how old are you? Shouldn't you be more formal?" Shuhua blushed. "I-I'm sorry I haven't been in Korea that long I'm still getting used to it. I'm 22 just recently." She bowed politely. Yuqi smiled. "We're the same age anyway you can continue to just call me Yuqi. Now I have a question. Do you have any ice cream?" Shuhua pointed to the cooler in the corner. "There's a triple chocolate brownie ice cream in there that's to die for." Yuqi looked at it and nodded. "Thank you." 

 

She went over and grabbed a small tub of mint chocolate and one of the triple chocolate brownie. "I get these for free since I'm your favorite idol right?" She joked as she sat them on the counter. Shuhua laughed at her joke. "Ah funny I'm just a poor college student I can never afford these. The last time I had this was when some shady guy bought it for me because of the recommendation." She pointed to the chocolate one. Yuqi widened her eyes. "Well... umm now you can say two people did that and one of them was the Song Yuqi definitely not a shady guy. But for future reference don't eat anything a shady man gives you..." Shuhua having gotten comfortable with the girl a bit smiled. "Well 'the Song Yuqi' I appreciate the offer but you don't have to do it just because I said I can't afford it." Yuqi shook her head dramatically. "No no no. I was going to buy it for you when you said you liked it not when you said you couldn't afford it. It's a thank you for treating me normal and not making a scene." Shuhua joked. "Oh come on Yuqi I've been broadcasting this on insta from the moment you walked in." Yuqi almost believed her till she saw the girls phone screen still up and on the article from before on it. "You scared me Shuhua!" 

 

She sighed softly. "You saw the news I see? This is for her I'm on my way to visit her now. Nothing to cheer you up like your favorite Makne with your favorite ice cream right?" Shuhua nodded. "Yuqi can I ask one question?" Yuqi looked a bit weary but nodded as she oddly had a feeling it wouldn't be a bad question. 

 

"Is she okay? Soojin-shi I mean. I know there were a lot of rumors. She's a lot stronger than I am." Yuqi smiled softly. "She'll be fine she already has offers from other agencies flowing in. Maybe I can convince her to come here with me. I'll tell her I want this chocolate ice cream that's to die for." She smiled softly. "I'll see you next time Shuhua thank you again for this it's nice to be almost normal. Enjoy your ice cream!" The Chinese girl put some money onto the counter then left waving to her. 

 

Shuhua had zoned out. "Did she say she was going to bring Soojin here? Her ultimate bias Seo Soojin? "Welp I'm gonna meet Seo Soojin and I look like this." She looked at herself in her phone reflection. She was often called a beautiful girl but she could never see it. She had no makeup on and her hair was a bit messy as it tended to get when she had to clean and stock shelves. She sighed softly. Yuqi didn't seem to notice maybe Soojin wouldn't either. 

 

Soon enough it was almost closing time. Shuhua was mopping at the back when she heard the bell ring. "I'll be there in just a moment watch your step please!" She sat the mop securely against the wall and made her way to the counter. "Hey welcome how can I...Yuqi! Hey welcome back! Thank you for the ice cream it was really good." She smiled brightly before looking at them woman beside her. "Hello I'm Shuhua nice to meet you." The woman looked a bit shocked how comfortable Yuqi and Shuhua were already. "Uhh I'm..." Yuqi cut her off. "I told you I was bringing Soojin unnie. Here she is how didn't you know? Are you really our fan?" She teased. Shuhua decided to tease back. "I never said I was your fan just hers." She started laughing when she saw the look of betrayal on Yuqi's face. Soojin looked amused at the two. "Did you really not recognize me?" Shuhua looked at her blushing. "Oh no I recognized you the second I looked at you." She pointed to under her own right eye to say the beauty mark was a give away. Soojin touched hers. "Ah well..." 

 

Shuhua saw she looked nervous. "Don't worry you're safe to shop here in the only one under 50 who works here so no one else will know you. I'll treat you like I do every other customer." Soojin looked relieved. Yuqi snorted. "Speaking of I thought you were kidding about forgetting the bag but no. I had to carry the cold ice cream all the way to Soojin unnies apartment myself." She pouted dramatically. Both Soojin and Shuhua laughed at her. "I'm going to pick out a snack dork." Soojin said as she walked to the back of the store looking around. Shuhua watched amazed by how someone could look so beautiful but she tried not to show it. Yuqi who was used to people looking at the older woman like that nudged her. "So who's your bias? It's me right?" Shuhua shook her head. "Oh no for sure it's Soojin-shi. I mean have you seen her dance not to mention she's so beautiful." She spoke quietly trying not to let Soojin hear. Unlucky for her her version of quiet wasn't very quiet at all. Soojin heard her. She approached the counter with a small bag of chips and a water a smirk on her face. "See Yuqi she has taste." She teased. "Now you're ganging up on me?! The betrayal." She smiled as well. Shuhua rung her up and they paid. "Well Shuhua I guess I'll be seeing you again soon." Soojin smiled at her. Shuhua smiled. "You're always welcome here beautiful." Soojin rolled her eyes playfully the smile on her face giving her away. They left waving at the girl behind the counter. Shuhua acted nonchalant til they were out of sight. As soon as they were though she did a little happy dance. "I met Seo Soojin! Best job ever!"

 

A few weeks passed and Yuqi had come in several times. She learned a lot about the Chinese idol including her healthy appetite and love of boasting. Soojin had come in a few times as the time passed and they became closer as well. "Shuhua you can call me unnie now you don't have to be so formal all the time." Soojin had told her when she came to the store one night with some homemade food. She had noticed from Shuhuas off handed remarks that she only ate ramen most of the time and was worried. 

 

 Yet another boring day was passing Shuhua sighed softly to herself. She heard the door bell and looked up. "Hey welcome!" She recognized suddenly two other members of Gidle. Minnie and Miyeon walked in. Once again her eyes gave her away immediately. Miyeon spoke. "Yuqi was right this girl recognized us immediately." She laughed softly. Minnie smiled at Shuhua. "Hey Shuhua has anyone told you how cute you are? No wonder Soojin keeps talking about you." Shuhua widened her eyes. "She talks about me? Why would she talk about me? Does she think I'm weird?" Miyeon lightly hit Minnie on the arm. "You really shouldn't tell people when someone talks about them like that. If Soojin knew she'd never come back." She focused her eyes on Shuhua next. "And she talks about you because you're cute. And you're so pretty even without makeup. You sure you're not secretly some idol trainee?" 

 

Shuhua choked. "No I'm just a normal college student. I don't have the confidence needed to get on stage. I'll just stay here nice and safe behind my register. Besides if I were gone off being famous who would be here to pick on Yuqi when she shops?" Miyeon and Minnie laughed at her comment. "Yeah I can really see why she likes you." Minnie said off handedly. "Yuqi likes me? To bad my heart belongs to someone else?" Miyeon looked curious. "Yuqi doesn't like you don't worry but backtrack. You have a boyfriend?" Shuhua blushed. "Uhh no if I had someone it would be girlfriend but no. My one true love is my bed. No one else wants to put up with me." She joked. Minnie looked excited. She whispered to Miyeon loudly. "Miyeon she's gay we have to tell her!" Shuhua got nervous she got so comfortable with the Gidle girls that she almost forgot it was still taboo to be gay. "W-Wait please don't tell them I don't want them to hate me!" She looked down like she was going to cry. 

 

Minnie waved her hands in front of her frantically. "No no no. They won't hate you but we won't tell them if you don't want. Soojin and Yuqi are both Gay also. Well Soojins bi but.." Miyeon just watched in horror as Minnie outed all of their friends in her panicked ramble. She could see the headlines now '(Gay)idle'. "Nicha have I told you how much I hate you?" Minnie pouted. "But I thought you loved me. Does that mean that the entire two years we've been together were a joke? The kids won't take the divorce well." Miyeon rolled her eyes at her girlfriends dramatic personality. "Stop it before I break up with you in front of Shuhua and she has to watch you ugly cry." Minnie pouted. "You think my cry face is ugly? You're not supposed to admit to me you think I'm ugly. I'm your wife." Miyeon rubbed her temples. "You know that's not what I meant..." Shuhua had been watching them bicker shocked by all the information she was recieving. 

 

Someone likes her and it's not Yuqi she's only met Yuqi and Soojin and Soojin is bi. does that mean...? "Soojin likes me?" she asked looking up at the two older women. "See what you did Nicha." Minnie pouted more. "Stop my name is Minnie I'll change it legally if I have to! Kim Minnie!" She turned to Shuhua. "So cutie what do you do in your free time? I was thinking since we have heard so many good things about you it would be good for us all to have dinner." Miyeon nodded. "That sounds fun what do you think?" 

 

Shuhua looked down playing with her fingers. "I can't really afford to eat out. I'm sorry to disappoint. Maybe I could have you over?" Minnie furrowed her brows. "Hey I'm the one inviting you out you don't have to pay. Miyeon will." Miyeon looked at Minnie incredulous ly. "Why do you always offer my money up and never your own. You're lucky Shuhuas here." She rolled her eyes looking at Shuhua. "What nights are you free? We're still on hiatus so we just have to drag Soyeon out of her cubby hole at the studio and we can go" Shuhua pouted. "You really don't have to. I'm grateful for the offer but I don't want to be a burden." Minnie smiled. "You're not a burden. Also you've really been helping cheer Soojin up. So we don't mind you joining our little friend group. We're happy someones able to make her smile." Shuhua almost couldn't believe what she'd heard. She cheered Soojin up. 

 

After a few more minutes they managed to talk Shuhua into dinner on Friday. The day came and she stood in front of her mirror looking herself over. She had done light makeup and wore a long green dress. "They didn't tell me how fancy this place is." She mumbled. She heard the bell ring and ran to the living room. "I'm coming!" She tripped and cursed in Chinese. When she got up and got to the door she saw Yuqi and Soyeon who she hadn't met but knew from the band. Yuqi smirked and spoke in Chinese. "Yeh Shuhua who knew you could curse like that." Shuhua ignored her as she bowed politely to Soyeon. "Nice to meet you Soyeon-shi I've heard a lot about you." Soyeon looked her up and down. Her cold eyes staring into Shuhuas soul sizing her up. 

 

After a moment she offered her hand to her. "Nice to meet you I've heard a lot about you as well. Between Yuqi here and Soojin I never stop hearing about you." Shuhua blushed. 

 

"Speaking of Soojin what makes you think you're good enough to date her." Soyeon asked sounding like a suspicious dad. "I-I didn't know I was t-trying to date her." Shuhua panicked trying to think up escape routes. Yuqi hit Soyeons arm. "Stop that! Look at her she's so scared now. We came here to pick her up not make her not want to come." Shuhua looked at Yuqi mumbling in Chinese. "Thank you she's scary for someone so short." Yuqi laughed and Soyeon glares at them. Yuqi kissed her cheek. "Your glares don't work on me honey they never have. Let's go I'm hungry." Shuhua was nervous but followed not bothering to lock her door. Soyeon furrowed her brows confused. "You aren't going to lock it? what if someone steals your stuff?" Shuhua laughed. "What are they going to steal? My light switches? I'm a college student in a foreign country. I don't have anything valuable. Maybe they'll take pity on me and leave something to eat other than ramen." Yuqi nodded and they left. Soyeon hummed to herself. Suddenly the need to be protective of this girl took over. She reached back into the apartment and locked it not knowing Shuhua didn't have a key with her. (Foreshadowing?!?)

 

They got to the restaurant and Shuhua got nervous. She began to fix her dress. "Are you sure it's okay to be seen out with me? I'm just a normal fan. What if other people think that they can cross boundaries cause they see me with you?" Yuqi rolled her eyes. "Are you saying we're not friends? after all the ice cream I've bought you." Soyeon chuckled. "Just act like you belong and it'll be fine." She walked in with Yuqi and Shuhua. 

 

As they were led to their usual table they could see Minnie Miyeon and Soojin already there. Shuhua looked at Soojin and nearly tripped again seeing her smile directed at her. Soojin jumped up surprised and ready to catch her. "Are you okay?" She looked into her eyes. Shuhua nodded a blush creeping up onto her face as she saw the pants and Blouse Soojin had worn that fit her perfectly. "Yes thank you." The other members sat leaving the spot between Soojin and Yuqi as her only option. She sat down nervously looking down at her feet. Miyeon spoke "Come on Shuhua you've met us all except Soyeon before did she scare you that much?" 

 

She looked at Soyeon. "What did you do to the poor girl?" Soyeon smiled innocently. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm innocent." Soojin kicked soyeons shin from under the table. "Ow! Soojin!" Yuqi smiled. "I mean to be fair you did..." Soyeon put her hand over . "If you tell on me no kisses for a week!" Minnie raised an eyebrow inquisitively. "Shuhua what did she do to you?" Shuhua began to slowly sink into her chair trying to disappear. As she didn't want to get Soyeon in trouble with her members. 

 

Soojin lightly nudged Shuhua smiling at her. "Hey you okay?" She asked quietly. "Uh yeah." She looked away as she remembered the girls saying Soojin had a crush on her. 'There is absolutely no way for her to have a crush on me plain old Yeh Shuhua.' Her face turned beet red and she didn't see the disappointment on the older girls face. Soojin put on a smile hiding the disappointment but everyone except Shuhua could see through it. 

 

"So Shuhua tell us more about you. I'm sure you know plenty about us." Minnie said as they waited for appetizers. Shuhua blushed. "W-well I'm from Taiwan. I moved here for college. I'm studying vet medicine. There's not much else to me." Soojin pouted. "Are you sure? You seem to be very interesting to me." Shuhua blushed. "I-I mean you all know I'm your fan by now. I like to sing along and pretend I'm half as good." Soojin smiled and gently took her hand under the table."I bet you're just as good as us." Everyone nodded as Shuhua face turned redder. 

 

But the end of dinner Shuhua had loosened up a bit even picking on Miyeon as well as Yuqi and scooting closer to Soojin. "We should head out. Shuhua I'll see you again soon!" Miyeon smiled at her. She and Minnie left. "We gotta go too Shu and since we're your ride..." Soojin smiled. "I can take you home if you don't want to go yet. I kind of want to get ice cream and watch a movie." Shuhua blushed and nodded. "You wouldn't mind just the two of us hanging out for a bit?" Soojin smiled brightly. She saw a nervous look on Shuhuas face. "Awe come on Shu stop looking so scared of me I won't bite." Soojin pouted making Shuhua die internally.

 

Shuhua blushed more. "I-I'll go home with Soojin unnie. Well not to her home I'll ride to my home with her then say goodbye at the door. with a very respectable handshake." Soojin looked at her weirdly trying to figure out what's going on. "Soyeon look what you did." Yuqi hit her girlfriend lightly. "You're in big trouble." Soyeon was pulled out by Yuqi. 

 

Soojin led her out to the car quietly. She opened the door for Shuhua closing it behind her. As she got in and buckled up she turned to Shuhua. "Hey what happened? When I came into the store before I kinda thought we were friends but...You just seem nervous very nervous." Shuhua took a deep breath. "Some of the unnies might have said some stuff..." She played with her fingers looking down. 

 

Soojin took her hands and made her look at her. "What did they say? Were they rude? I can give them a piece of my mind if I need to." Shuhua frantically shook her head. "N-no I don't want you fighting because of me! I'm not worth the trouble honestly." Soojin looked saddened by the sentence. "Hey don't say nonsense like that. You're worth a lot to me. And the rest of the members of course." She added the last sentence in an attempt to hide her slip her face turning red. Shuhua gazed into her eyes. "Thank you Jin-ah." She gave her a small smile. "Let's go you know how I like ice cream."

 

Soojin drove to the nearest ice cream shop. "So when are you going to tell me what Soyeon did to scare you so much?" Shuhua pouted. "I don't want to get Soyeon unnie in trouble. Snitches get stitches remember?" Soojin let out a sudden laugh at the girl. "Uhuh I have heard that before as well." She spoke the sarcasm practically dripping from the words. "You'll tell me by the time I drop you off at your apartment." They chatted loosening up again until they arrived. She parked the car and quickly locked Shuhuas door so she wouldn't get out before she could come open the door for her. 

 

After Soojin insisted on opening all doors for Shuhua they made their way into the store. "Did you want to eat it here or my place?" Shuhua nearly out from shock. "Y-your house? I'm going to your house?" Soojin smiled at her. "Of course Shu how else did you think we were gonna watch a movie? I can't exactly go to a theater right now..." Soojin looked a bit saddened. Shuhua wrapped her arms around the taller girl hugging her. "Hey this is a no frown zone ma'am." She pointed to a rainbow sign that indeed said 'no frown zone.' Soojin looked at it in disbelief before busting into laughter. 

 

After an impromptu photoshoot of the two of them in front of the sign making various sad faces they finally went and ordered. "One chocolate brownie ice cream and one mint chocolate chip please!" Shuhua ordered and pulled out her wallet to pay but not fast enough as Soojin had already handed the cashier some cash. Shuhua pouted. "I was gonna pay!" Soojin flashed her an award winning smile. "Well Yeh. Shu. Hua. Maybe next time you should be faster." She winked at her. "You can pay me back by teaching me something in Mandarin later." She took their ice creams and walked out to the car Shuhuas hand found it's way to her arm holding onto her. It was comfortable but not something she was used to. She quickly balanced both ice creams in one hand to open the car door for Shuhua. Said girl gasped dramatically. "Cross contamination!" She joked looking at the ice creams touching as she got in the car. Soojin the mint off of Shuhuas ice cream cone before passing it to her not missing the blush. "Jin-ah did you just my ice cream?" Soojin smirked playfully. "Why did you have other ideas of what I should be ?" She flirted thinking to herself. 'If she doesn't reciprocate then we can just pretend I didn't mean it.' Shuhua widened her eyes sputtering trying to find a retort. Eventually she just said. "Ma'am could you keep your tongue in your mouth please." Soojin laughed snorting a bit. Shuhua thought it was adorable. Soojin on the other hand thought it was the most embarrassing thing she'd ever done. She quickly drove twords her apartment trying to distract Shuhua with music. 

 

As she pulled into the private parking garage she saw what looked like dispatch waiting for her. "..." She mumbled she hated dealing with them luckily she had borrowed her moms car. "Shuhua I'm sorry..." She grabbed a mask and baseball cap from her glove compartment. "We need to hide you from them I don't want them to bother you if they find out about us." She said not realizing the implications. "Us...?" Shuhua quickly put on the mask as Soojin reached into the back seat putting on a men's jacket zipping it up as well as putting on a mask and the ball cap tucking her hair up into it so she could pretend to be some random guy. "Ready? We're gonna have to act like a hetero couple." She asked Shuhua. The taiwanese girl nodded albeit blushing a bit under the mask. Soojin of course pulled her trick again making Shuhua wait til she got around the side to open the door for her. But this time she carefully placed her hand on Shuhuas waist pulling her close as she began to lead the way to the lobby with a passcode lock so the dispatch couldn't follow. They almost made it past dispatch but one of the camera men eyed them suspiciously as he knew there were a lot of idols in this building. Soojin whispered softly. "I hope this is okay." She then picked Shuhua up holding her so that Shuhuas arms were around her neck her legs wrapped around Soojins waist. She then pushed the girl carefully against the wall pretending to be whispering something to her. Shuhua who was blushing from this position alone really sold the scene. The camera man looked at them with disgust. "Ugh kids these days you two need to get a room!" Soojin looked at them a smirk under her mask as she knew they wouldn't pay attention anymore. They quickly scurried into the lobby to the elevator where Soojin finally carefully put down the smaller girl. "I'm so sorry Shuhua I wouldn't have done it without permission under normal circumstances. But I really wouldn't forgive myself if you got harassed for being with me. There's a lot of bad press around me lately.." The last words left quietly. Shuhua still blushed but smiled at her. "It's okay Soojin unnie that was genius no one wants to watch teenagers make out against a wall. And you know I dont believe in that bad press" Shuhua crossed her arms pouting cutely. "No one can talk bad about my JinJin!" Soojin blushed at the girls words and took her to her apartment smiling to herself. 

 

Soon they were sprawled out on Soojins couch Shuhua had gotten cold and snuggled into Soojins side making both of their hearts beat harder without the other knowing. The big sappy love scene at the end almost made Shuhua want to roll her eyes extra hard but she refrained. "If he really loved her he would have confessed earlier. Not when she's got a nice stable boyfriend." Soojin laughed softly. "Well sometimes it's hard to confess even if you know your chances are good." Shuhua started thinking puffing her cheeks a bit. 'She's so cute oh my god.' Shuhua spoke. "Well if someone liked me I know I'd rather them tell me. Who knows what will happen in the future that will prevent us from being together. And what if it's meant to be and you're just stalling. And we are just wasting time where we could be giving each other all our love." Soojin stared at her. "And then they confess. Do you accept their love?" Shuhua hummed seemingly forgetting Soojins crush. "Well it depends. If it's a guy for sure no. Maybe a schoolmate? A friend like you though.." She shrugged and looked at her. "Ah who am I kidding I'd have a heart attack on the spot if you confessed to me." She joked.

 

Soojin bit her lip. "So I shouldn't confess then?" Shuhua thinking she must be joking smiled. "Well like I said before it's better to say it than to hide it. But we don't have to worry about that cause you're way out of my lea-" She was cut off by Soojin kissing her suddenly. Shuhuas eyes widened as she was shocked. Soojin pulled back after a moment. "I'm sorry... I just...I didn't want to hear you say more bad stuff about yourself..." Shuhua was still in shock looking at her. On the outside Shuhua was quiet making a weird face. On the inside however she was doing a happy dance.

 

Her hand suddenly came up to her lips. "This is real? N-Not a dream about my unnie again?" Soojin sighed feeling guilty. "Here I'll take you home." She stood up and Shuhua came back to herself. "W-Wait unnie I..." She bit her lip. "I want another kiss please. I didn't get to respond c-cause I was shocked." She looked hopefully up at the taller girl. "You're not mad? I kissed you without permission Shuhua." Shuhua smiled at her taking her hand. "Soojin unnie. Can I kiss you?" Soojin nodded looking down at her. Shuhua leaned in slowly her lips in anticipation cursing herself for not bringing chapstick. Her eyes fluttered up to Soojins and felt more calm. As their lips met in the middle her eyes fluttered closed.

 

The softness of Soojins lips was better than she ever dreamed. She focused on the girls lips trying to memorize their feel. After a moment Soojin broke the kiss. She looked at Shuhua blushing. "So does this mean my confession is accepted?" she whispered. Shuhua smiled brightly. "I've never met anyone quite like you Seo Soojin. How can you be so beautiful and so kind? Of course I will accept I'd be crazy not to..." Soojin pulled Shuhua to her kissing her again. 

 

They ended up on the couch cuddling and kissing for a while. Shuhua had traces of Soojins red lipstick all over her face. Soojin admired the sleepy looking girl in her arms. "Did you wake up early? And you still came out with us?" She got a small nod as the girl cuddled into her chest. "I should really get you home... Someone might think we did something if you stay here on our first night together." She joked as she slowly stood up. "Come on Shushu baby." Shuhua stood up mumbling. "Baobei." Soojin tilted her head. "Baobei? What's that?" Shuhua smiled at her. "Call me Baobei it means baby in Mandarin." Soojin smiled more. "Shuhua Baobei. has a nice ring to it."

 

She peeked outside and felt it had gotten cold. "Ah you need a jacket it's too cold to be out there without one." Shuhua pouted. "I'll be fine." Soojin shook her head digging into her coat closet. She pulled out two of her jackets. "Come put one on Baobei." She put one of them on and held the other out for Shuhua. The younger girl went to her sneaking her arms under the jacket around her waist hugging her. "There comfy." She hummed. Soojin laughed at her antics. "Come on as much as I'd love to hold you and make sure you're warm I can't drive you home safely like that. I wouldn't want to put my baobei at risk would I?" Shuhua let go and put on the jacket pouting playfully. "You're that excited to get rid of me?" Soojin pinched her cheek lightly. "Cute!" Shuhua whined. "I can't wait to tell the other unnie you stole my first kiss." She smirked at Soojin who nearly choked. "I'll never hear the end of it. Can't we just pretend it was super romantic and I wasn't scared out of my mind?" Shuhua nuzzled her neck humming. "Nope...I'm telling Yuqi first and you won't be able to stop me cause we both speak Mandarin you'll never know." There's was a mischievous edge to her voice. Soojin sighed. "You're lucky you're so cute."

 

She led the girl out locking the door behind her. she made sure they were both covered enough that they wouldn't be recognized just in case. They went to Soojins car the woman once again opening all doors for her. They drove to Shuhuas apartment in a comfortable silence. Shuhua leaned into Soojins side. Soojin getting to see just how cuddly the girl could be when she was tired. "We're here. I'll walk you to your door if you'll let me." Shuhua smiled and nodded. "But don't peek inside it's too messy for you to see I have to clean it before you can come in." Soojin laughed. "If I'm gonna be your girlfriend I'll see your mess eventually." Shuhua blushed deeply. They hadn't officially given themselves titles but she liked it. Soojin her girlfriend. "G-Girlfriend..." She looked excited. "Awe sorry Baobei I should have asked first. Shuhua did you want to be my girlfriend?" Shuhua nodded eagerly nearly tackling the girl in excitement kissing her again. "Yes of course I'll be your girlfriend how could I say no." She smiled brightly. Soojin kissed her cheek. "Good now let's get you home so you can rest." she got out of the car. 

 

Shuhua already knew she wasn't going to be able to get out so she just waited while Soojin opened the door for her. Said girl smiled as she opened the door. "Come on Baobei." She held her hand out to her. Shuhua took her hand standing up and then scooted close wrapping get hand around the taller girls bicep. She led the way to the apartment. She turned and looked at Soojin. "This is me...Ah I almost forgot! Can I have your phone?" Soojin handed it to her unlocking it for her. "What's your birthday?" Shuhua put her number in the girls phone. "January 6 why?" Soojin smiled. "That will be my new password so you don't have to ask me next time you need it." She kissed her cheek. "Now it's bed time for my baobei. Sleep well I'll come get you for lunch tomorrow at noon?" Shuhua nodded excitedly. "Sounds like a date."

 

She gave her a peck before hesitantly turning to her door she tried to go in but found it was locked. "What? I never lock the door.." She mumbled softly. Soojin looked at her. "You don't lock your doors Baobei that's not safe.. Your didn't bring a key just in case?" Shuhua shook her head. "No one is ever here but me. Yuqi and So-" She realized. "Soyeon unnie told me to start locking the door too. She must've locked it. I won't be able to get back in til the morning when my landlord wakes up..." She tried to think of somewhere safe could go for the night not wanting to bother Soojin. "Well I guess you'll be staying the night with me anyway then." Soojin smiled softly. Shuhua looked at her. "Unnie you don't have to..." She looked down playing with her skirt. Soojin smiled. "I know I don't have to but I want to. Shuhua I'm you're girlfriend now you can stay with me for the night. And if you're not comfortable yet I'll sleep on the couch so we don't have to share the bed." Shuhua shook her head. ''I wouldn't mind sharing the bed with you...But it's your bed so you should have it either way! You shouldn't have to sleep on the couch cause I'm dumb and let Soyeon lock me out of my own house!" She pouted.

 

Soojin laughed softly. "You're not dumb Baobei...Well kinda dumb for not locking your door maybe I'll make you live with me eventually so I can make sure you're safe behind a locked door." She rambled before going back twords the car pulling the sleepy and guilty feeling Shuhua. 

 

They went back to Soojins apartment. The older girl got her a set of her pajamas with cherries all over them and showed her to the bathroom. 

 

She went to the kitchen humming as she sent a text in the group chat. 

 

Cherry: Whatever shuhua says I didn't steal her first kiss it was super romantic I swear.

 

 She laughed knowing how her friends would react.

 

Cherry: Also Soyeon you locked my baobei out of her own apartment be more careful next time.

SmallestGiraffe: Baobei?!? Unnie you finally confessed? I'm so happy!

ChoPanic: Wow Minnie will be jealous when she wakes up and sees. Good job!

SmallestGiraffe: What do you mean jealous?!? your girlfriend wanted her first kiss???

ChoPanic: She wants everyone's first kiss. Why do you think she kissed you?

Cap: Who kissed my Woogi?! Congrats Soojin tell Shuhua I'm sorry! I'll buy her a treat to make up for it!

SmallestGiraffe: I thought you were asleep???

Cap: You've been in the bathroom so long I got scared you fell in woogs. Now what's this about Minnie kissing you?! Miyeon I'd appreciate you keeping your girlfriends lips in check.

ChoPanic: I've been trying for years. We've come to an understanding. She just has to tell me who she kissed and can only kiss them once.

SmallestGiraffe: You two are weird! Yeonnie come save me I did fall in the toilet!

 

Soojin felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and a head on her shoulder. "Minnie unnie took Yuqi's first kiss? And she wanted mine?" Shuhua nuzzled Soojins neck getting comfy. Soojin smiled. "I can add you to the chat if you want Baobei. But don't listen to whatever embarrassing stuff they have to say." Shuhua hummed. "If they're okay with it I'd like it." She closed her eyes. "I wanna mess with them first." She had a mischievous look on her face as she silently asked Soojin for her phone. The older girl gave it to her and kissed her cheek going to take a shower. Shuhua saw another red lip print and smiled she took a selfie showing the lip print and set it as the girls wallpaper. "there perfect." 

 

CherrySent a picture to the chat

SmallestGiraffe: Yah are those your precious cherry pjs you won't let anyone wear?!?

KimMinnie: Miyeon dropped her phone on my face what's this picture Soojin? I was supposed to take her first kiss not you!! You get all the rest no fair!

Cap: Keep your lips to yourself and your girlfriend!! I heard you stole my woogies first kiss!!

Cherry: That just means you get to kiss Miyeon unnie now.

ChoPanic: Sorry I only kiss people who are tall enough to get on rollercoasters.

Cap: Yah you'd be lucky to kiss me! Besides I don't want to kiss you either. I only kiss people with deep voices!

KimMinnie: My Miyeonnies voice can be deep are you trying to kiss her? I can't let it happen.

ChoPanic: Yah if you can kiss every cute girl you see I can kiss Soyeon!

SmallestGiraffe: Did you forget I'm here.. I don't approve!

ChoPanic: Soyeon tomorrow we kiss just for revenge! Then I'll buy Woogi all the ice cream to make it up to her!

SmallestGiraffe: You had me at ice cream.

Cap: I'm being pimped out for ice cream?!? Anything to get back at Minnie for stealing my babies first kiss from me!

KimMinnie: Yah no my Miyeonnies lips are mine it's not even her first I took hers too!!!

Cap: Who haven't you kissed?!?

KimMinnie: You.

SmallestGiraffe: Did you kiss Soojin unnie too?!? Shuhua will kill you you better run.

 KimMinnie: She'll never find out I'm safe. 

 

Cherry added YehWolfie to the chat

 

YehWolfie: Minnie unnie...

KimMinnie:Miyeon save me!!! If she kills me who will touch your at inappropriate times?!?

 

Soojin came back looking over the girls shoulder. "Ah so you know now. It was a dare I didn't know she was collecting first kisses." She wrapped her arms around Shuhuas waist. "All the rest are yours...Yeh Wolfie." She read the girls username laughing softly. she gently took her phone. 

 

Cherry: Better watch out my baby Wolfie doesn't look too happy.

ChoPanic: Shuhua please don't kill her I'm to hot to be a widow

Cap: You have to be married to be a widow

KimMinnie: Who said we're not?

KimMinniesent a picture in the chat (a picture of her kissing Miyeons hand showing their matching rings.)

ChoPanic: I liked it so I put a ring on it. 

SmallestGiraffe: When did you two get married?!? I was supposed to walk you down the aisle!! We had a deal!

 

 Shuhua was watching like it was a drama on TV. "Whoa they got married and didn't tell anyone?" Soojin hummed. "I knew they're always wearing their rings not being careful." Shuhua laughed and closed her phone before yawning. 

 

"Time for bed Baobei." Soojin took her hand walking to the bedroom. "Tahdah I hope you like it. Hopefully we spend a lot of time here... Cuddling of course we don't have to do anything else if you don't want." She panicked. Shuhua giggled softly. "Calm down JinJin we'll get there eventually." Soojin blushed. "I'll make sure it's super romantic!" Shuhua smiled then got in the bed taking a deep breath. "It smells like you." She smiled. "But not as good as the real deal." She held her arms out to her. Soojin climbed into bed pulling the girl close. "Cheesy Baobei." She nuzzled her getting comfy. "Now sleep before I can't help but kiss you." Shuhua leaned up and kissed her softly cupping her cheek. "Did you see your new background?" Soojin hummed. "I'll look in the morning it'll be a nice surprise." She closed her eyes. They both fell asleep rather fast in each other's arms.

 

Note: I had to edit it a bit the site really nerfed all my italics and bolds I put in.