No More Drama

From Autumn To Winter

 

Night Club District 12:30 MN

Late Autumn

 

Her vision is a foggy glass on a rainy day but Taeyeon is thankful that there is a part of her mind that is surprisingly sober after downing 2 dozens beer. She continues to walk albeit slowly staggering. She can hear the slow hum of the bass in the nearby club. Too packed. She thought. 

 

Taeyeon wants to go somewhere relatively quiet where she can enjoy the peace and good music at the same time. She rubs her arm as soon as the cold, crisp wind blows. She felt the smoothness of plastic beads in her wrist and her thoughts gave way to late spring. That one afternoon where the wind sings their song. Taeyeon exhaled, not letting herself fall into the trance. No more drama, she thinks.

 

A pop-rock tune from a nearby club caught her ears. It was angry, bitter, and… nice. Taeyeon staggered towards the club. Upon reaching the entrance, Taeyeon sees people banging their heads and bobbing up and down to the song. She ripped the plastic beads from her arm and smiled at the bouncer who let her in without questions.

 

Like the other clubs, this venue is packed. But Taeyeon didn’t mind. There is something calming about the blue tint that emerges from stage light. It also helps that the ladies singing are amazing and obviously enjoying their night as well. Taeyeon walked towards the bar as if in trance. The music is good. She looked around the crowd as she downed her first glass of whiskey for the evening. 

 

The crowd is overwhelmingly normal. Taeyeon appreciates that. No grinding, no lip-locking, everyone is just chilling, singing along, and dancing to the tune of the current song. She’s not sure if it is just the haze in her mind or the mild smell of coming from a hipster near the bar, but her vision starts to get blurry and focus on one of the bodies dancing in the middle. 

 

Taeyeon took note of the slender build carelessly dancing and interacting with everyone. It’s drunken, graceful, and absolutely beautiful. She tries to take her eyes off the dancing woman but it stays fixed. She sees as the dancing woman smiles at the man beside her and laughed at whatever he said. It was a pretty smile. No, scratch that. Beautiful. A beautiful smile, indeed. Her eyes disappear when she smiles yet she can clearly see them twinkling. Taeyeon thinks she sees the first snowfall in her eyes. 

 

In a snap, Taeyeon realizes that the woman with the beautiful eyes is now looking and smiling widely at her. She is not sure if she smiled back but the woman said goodbye to the man she was talking to who hugged her in return. “Hey there, cold night?” The woman asked.

“It’s autumn.” Taeyeon answered with an obvious “duh” in her voice. The woman rolled her eyes good-naturedly, not taking Taeyeon’s sarcasm with any heat. “Come, let’s dance. These ladies are good singers.” The woman said holding her hand and pulling her in the middle of the dance floor. Taeyeon wants to say no, but it seems she forgot how to speak the moment the other woman held her hand. 

 

When Taeyeon found her words, she is surprised by two sparkling orbs. Her eyes. It will always be her eyes. In a short moment that she is spending with this woman, she is able to forget everything as soon as she looks into her eyes. It didn’t help that the blue tints of the strobe lights give her features a soft highlight. It makes her look mysterious… alluring… tempting. Before she knows it, her legs felt soft again, and stumbled towards the woman. 

“It seems you had a rough night.” She said with a laugh. “Come, I’ll take you to my favorite restaurant. They have nice noodles there.” Taeyeon looked at the woman as if she has lost her mind. The other woman just shrugged and showed her a smile, her eyes disappearing. In the crisp air of autumn, Taeyeon found a source of warmth.