From Winter To Autumn

From Autumn To Winter

 

Night Club District, 12 MN

Late Autumn

 

Taeyeon is walking through the semi-quiet side of the neighborhood, silently tipsy. She is walking slowly as if to feel the cold in her bare legs. It’s almost winter soon and she prefers to wear shorts. It is as if she wanted to feel the crisp coldness of the weather. It’s as if she wanted to feel alive again. 

 

It’s silly, Taeyeon thinks, to feel like this. After all, she just ended a 3-year relationship with Seolhyun, her high school sweetheart. It’s not like her life is now a mess. However, it is. Her life is a mess. Everything she knows and built within those three years had crumbled down. All the dreams she has weaved with Seolhyun in it. That’s what you get for putting her first, Taeng. She thought. 

 

No, she won’t shed a tear anymore. She is done shedding tears. Taeyeon took a swig off the can of beer she was holding and continued to walk. She is not sure where she is going but she knows she has to continue walking. Just walk. Or maybe run. Run for your life. With another gulp from the beer can, Taeyeon feels that she is starting to stagger. She doesn’t care. No one should care. 

 

Her mind gets blurry and takes her back to a happier time. In the riverbank during the summer. It was windy. Taeyeon can feel the warmth, the wind, and Seolhyun. No. She will not go there. She will not go back. Taeyeon struggles to walk straight and even bumps into a couple of people and a tarpaulin. Taeyeon swore that this is going to be the last time she’ll be wasted. 

 

The environment reflects a blue tinge. Taeyeon thinks it’s funny. It feels like everything is mourning with her. As the seasons go from autumn to winter, Taeyeon starts her journey.