Best friend

Clean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s going fairly well. They’re enjoying a nice dinner after a tiring day in the ice rink nearby. She didn’t slip on the ice, and she even got to guide Minju without making a fool of herself. It’s nice.

“Where’d you find out about this place?” her date asks, smiling at her with those pretty eyes. “It’s pretty hard to find good vegan restaurants around.”

This is nice. She hasn’t thought of her all day. Well up until now, but that’s just—this doesn’t count, okay? She’s doing well. She’s being a good date.

“My roommate, Ning, likes to go and drag me here when we eat instant noodles too many days a week,” she laughs at their struggles. “And then we go right back to the ramen.”

Minju laughs too, and it really is very nice. She’s a very pretty girl with a cute smile and even cuter laugh.

“Well, I’m honored to be introduced to your health recovery station,” Minju replies.

She just flashes her a grin, taking another bite of their dessert. Honestly, the dessert is the only reason Ning is allowed to drag her here. She eats enough veggies outside of their health days, thank you very much. She just happens to like meat with her meals too. At least with the desserts here, she can have chocolate.

With a bit of small talk, they finish dinner without a hitch. It’s nice. She feels contented with the day.

It’s nice. Just like all her other first dates.

Damn it.

When they go out of the restaurant, Yujin greets them goodbye. She doesn’t miss how the younger girl’s eyes linger on Minju, a shy smile on her face that showcases her dimples perfectly. She sighs a bit exasperatedly. That’s how she should be feeling. Utterly infatuated. Looking forward to the next time.

“I’m not gonna be the one to break your streak, am I?” Minju asks her as they walk to the nearest bus stop, grinning now.

She smiles at her, hopes she doesn’t look constipated.

“It’s not you, it’s me?” she laughs at her own stupidity.

Minju laughs with her—hopefully not at her. This is so nice. Why can’t she just like nice?

“I’m still going to that restaurant from now on,” Minju teases her, “it’s your fault for bringing me there, so handle the consequences, Karina.”

They arrive at the bus stop just in time.

“A very cute server would be very glad to see you back there,” she teases back before hugging the girl goodbye.

She doesn’t miss the blush on her date’s face. Was she put on this Earth to play cupid? Is that it? She laughs at the absurdity.

Minju waves at her before getting on the bus and she watches as it disappears from her sight. She sighs, her breath visible in the cold night air. She starts the short walk to their apartment. Ning is going to be insufferable again.

She gets a phone call. She answers without looking at her screen.

“K?” the person on the other line asks.

“Yes, Gi?” she already knows where this is going.

“She’s asking for you again,” she sounds apologetic. “Are you with Ning?”

She snickers. Looks like she’s not the only one Ning will be lecturing later. The slight fear in Giselle’s voice reminds her she’s not supposed to be doing this.

“No, I’m outside right now.”

“Oh , you’re on a date with the girl from photography, aren’t you? Nevermind. I’ll just call a taxi for—”

“Don’t. The date’s over, I was just on my way home. Where are you guys this time?” she interrupts her friend’s new plan of action.

It’s dangerous at this time of night, nevermind that both the girls aren’t sober. This is better. This is worth Ning’s tired stares at her.

Giselle tells her their location before she hangs up the call. Karina changes her direction, taking her time. It’s around 9 pm, there’s no rush. It’s definitely not because she’s dreading meeting her tonight after another date that won’t get a second.

Time flies when you walk mindlessly. She’s at the bar in no time.

She scans the place. It’s not too crowded yet which begs the question of why she’s drunk this early.

“Karina!” Giselle calls her over to their booth.

She sees her for the first time in a while. Two weeks of only the occasional meme sent on her part. No more morning greetings or goodnights. No more asking for her time. That’s reserved for—

“Yuji,” she smiles lopsidedly at her. “I missed you.”

She sighs, wonders if some of her soul escaped with how heavy it is.

“You’re drunk, Yej.”

Her bestfriend only hums, smile staying firmly on her face. Giselle only looks guilty from her place. She sits down.

“Did you have a fight with Ryu again?” she asks the drunk girl.

“Yeah,” she pouts. “She keeps missing meals lately.”

Damn. What she’d give to—Yeah, no. She’s not going down that dark road.

“Let’s get you home,” she starts making her stand up. “Gi, next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter