Breaking Point

Exposed

Third Person POV.

 

-

 

Siyeon hears faint noises and her friends murmuring things she can't fathom. She genuinely believes that they're discussing about her and Yoohyeon in view of what occurred.

 

"Wake up, Singnie." A hand delicately shakes her. From who she sat with prior to nodding off in the backseat of the van, it must be Minji. Getting back her to senses, her eyes open.

 

The van arrived in front of her and Minji's home. Gnawing her lips excessively hard while shifting to her side, she fails to remember that her back is still hurting, letting out a progression of suppressed groans.

 

She almost tumbles down and harms herself while getting out of the said van. Indeed, even her collarbone is in agonizing tormented pain. Appears as though her body's broken from the effect of the hard fall.

 

Handong and Minji catch her in time. All things considered, that must be embarrassing for her. She could only lay limp and do nothing in the two girls' arms, carrying her to the entryway of the said house.

 

She's surprised she hasn't woken up in the hospital. In any case, she's glad that she isn't dealing with doctors. The last time she was in a hospital was from breaking her collarbone.

 

Also, that happened as of late. Talking about her collarbone, it's thankfully intact. Unfortunately, it's still gravely stinging with pain. She hisses and whimpers, battling through the entirety of the aggravation.

 

Siyeon wants to burst out the tears she's holding in, but she's never been too emotional around others. She's deluding that she'll be fine (she's probably being overdramatic).

 

What's going on with Kim Yoohyeon? Well, homegirl doesn't care a whole lot about her own prosperity and well-being in light of the fact that obviously, her and Lee Siyeon got exposed from the lie detector test.

 

(Take a shot each time the word 'lie detector' shows up in this entire story, just kidding.)

 

She figures out that it was totally intended to make the two of them realize what's going on. The thing is, when Yoohyeon walked outside the test room, Siyeon was posed a question about her.

 

-

 

"Are you aware that Yoohyeon has been obsessed with you since the moment she laid her eyes on you" Bora asks, wondering out of curiosity. But it's just to prove her and the others' points.

 

Siyeon's mouth marginally opens, yet unable to falter out anything. It all makes so much damn sense now. So that's why the younger always seemed to be trying to win her over.

 

"I assume that's an obvious no. You can't even answer questions about you and Yoohyeon." Handong sneers. Siyeon does feel slightly humiliated, a bit taken aback, and enlightened.

 

"No doubt about it, you and her are two clueless gays." Yubin nonchalantly (truthfully) states, her back getting hit by Minji's hard slap. The former shouts so hard Yoohyeon might've heard her.

 

-

 

Huh, that's why her friends have been suspicious whenever she and Siyeon were seen together. They were two oblivious es playing pretend games that just backfire.

 

There's basically nowhere else to go but to talk to Siyeon about "them". She didn't expect Bora to literally reveal her biggest and longest-running secret. Well, how is she facing her again?

 

Might as well get back to the drawing board and replan everything. It took her years tp conquer her anxiety toward being found out but the moment Siyeon gets to know of her obsession...

 

Things could either go terribly wrong or miraculously go successful. The only way she'll ever know the end results? Talking with Siyeon, and that's what she's exactly about to do. (Spoiler alert, Siyeon is the one talking to her.)

 

-

 

Feeling a body next to her while turning to her side, Siyeon freezes. She clearly remembers being alone in her own room. She thinks it's Minji who fell asleep while taking care of her.

 

Why did she even need to be cared for again? Right, the hard fall. The effects of said fall has quickly gotten better though and she could unreservedly move assuming that she cautiously does as such.

 

Said body stirs several times, and she tries going back to sleep. A dream appears in her head. The odd thing is that, she's seen this dream sequence many times before and it never ended well.

 

The following morning, she awakens for the nth time from the same seven nightmares that pop up once in a while. It's been like this with her ever since she was very young.

 

Her breathing gets lopsided, her own body nearly falling off her bed, images of chasing sequences continue to play in her mind, and she shudders in unthinkable and incomprehensible dread.

 

She doesn't feel somebody's hand on her back, bringing even only an ounce of solace. "I didn't hear you shout or do everything I could tell you just had horrendous nightmares."

 

Siyeon resists the urge to flinch and fall down to her doom after hearing her friend's voice. Unsurprisingly, it's Yoohyeon's. "How did she even end up here?" Siyeon profoundly wonders.

 

"Minji actually watched over you before I came 'cause you were in pain. She even saw you tear up in your sleep. Told me to stay over here. Let's face it, you feel better around me."

 

"Honestly, I felt guilty because you had to take the blow on the head and then have me land on top of you as you hit the floor. That's like having triple the pain that I got from fainting."

 

"In any case, I know why you did that. However, I actually feel sorry. You don't need to do anything at this moment." Yoohyeon turns to her side, moves a little, and embraces Siyeon from behind.

 

How the turns have tabled. Wait, something's wrong.

 

Siyeon isn't startled from the younger's arm wrapping around her waist, making contact with her clothed stomach. It makes her temporarily disregard the bad dreams, truth be told.

 

"Thanks for staying by my side even if the others fool around me. Don't tell this to anyone but, you're the bestest friend that I ever have." Siyeon states, her hand brushing Yoohyeon's.

 

The younger understands why the former used 'friend' even if they literally know that they're obsessed with each other. Nevertheless, she'll deal with their current status in the afternoon.

 

-

 

Gahyeon excitedly chooses a random song for Yoohyeon to sing, the latter chuckling and sensing danger. If she ever gets trolled on by her friends again for Siyeon to see, she would want to see the heavens instead.

 

Yoohyeon hears the song "Don't Wake Me Up" play, and it's coincidentally song that she listens to on repeat wherever she is. The lyrics are about finding true love in your dreams.

 

Picking up the microphone, she ignores everything around her except for the song and the person she'll be referring to while singing. Her friends expected her to be casual, but...

 

"'Cause I don't know if I can make you happy

No matter what the odds, I'm gonna try

A million miles away, I feel you with me

For now, our love will live inside my mind. So,"

 

"Don't wake me up in the middle of the night 

'Cause I finally found you,

I feel your love every time I close my eyes

'Causе I finally found you."

 

"When the times are hardеst, I find you in the darkness,

You're a dream and that is enough (that is enough), yeah

Don't wake me up in the middle of the night

'Cause I finally found you."

 

Everyone is in awe as Yoohyeon continues singing throughout the whole song, even going as far as doing the adlibs. For others, it looks like she's taking this way too seriously.

 

But this is Kim Yoohyeon we're talking about. No one messes with her when she sings. She's a singer and she can sing. By the end of the song, they all look at her who's on the verge of tears.

 

She is battling the inclination to cry. Contemplations and concerns cloud her mind. She doubts that things will work between her and Siyeon if it's just desire and want being involved.

 

Speaking of Siyeon, she notices Yoohyeon's body language. Without giving a to the others near her, she rushes to the younger's aid, a hand landing on the latter's shoulder.

 

"Don't be scared, Yooh. I know what you're thinking of right now." Siyeon whispers behind the younger's ear, turning around and telling Minji that she needs to go to a bathroom.

 

"We'll be back, unlike last time." The older mutters the last part more to herself. The oldest grants her permission, and the two girls walk out of the karaoke room.

 

-

 

"I was worried for you while you sang. You seemed fine but I knew something was bugging your mind. You're definitely struggling ever since yesterday happened."

 

"I think, you're terrified of what could befall us, right?" Yoohyeon couldn't look at her in the eyes, but it's completely understandable as she slowly nods, close to choking up.

 

"We may not get an opportunity like this again so, I might as well tell everything because we can't just delay the inevitable. We need to talk and that's what we're doing right now."

 

"Yooh, you've probably known of what they asked me and I've heard about Yubin exposing me to you. There's no more hiding secrets, so look at me right now and calm down."

 

"I-I'm just really sorry for being like this." The younger still refuses to look up, nervousness gobbling her up from the inside. But she knows better than to be a complete idiot at that moment.

 

Siyeon closes some of the gap between them while lifting Yoohyeon's chin. Saving them from all the trouble and games that they've been playing for too long, Siyeon makes the move.

 

"At the end of the day, we both feel the same thing, and that's what really matters." And those were the last words Siyeon spoke before locking lips with a speechless Yoohyeon.

 

In the meantime, a surly Bora and Gahyeon are making their way to bang on the said bathroom's door. Time passed by quicker than all of them expected and the two girls haven't returned.

 

"Imagine a scenario in which they're, you know." "What if they're, you know." Gahyeon stops, looking at the older, asking for confirmation. The older furrows her eyebrows at the outset, but understands what the younger says.

 

"You have a point. But we have to leave this place pretty soon and I don't want to have an argument with Minji again over leaving them alone for the second time." Bora sighs.
 

The two of them continue walking towards the entryways of said bathroom. They both hear suspicious noises inside. Gahyeon whispers out an 'I told you' right before stepping closer.

 

", they're still in there and they're really doing it." Bora murmurs too faintly that only her and Gahyeon were able to hear what she says, even if the latter is a bit farther from her.

 

The older lends a hand, which Gahyeon quickly grabs. Walking away in silence, both girls are stunned by the newfound information. This was too awkward of an atmosphere to be in.

 

Returning back to the karaoke room, they meet disappointed and worrisome eyes. Replaying in their heads, Gahyeon and Bora still hear wild sounds coming from Siyeon and Yoohyeon.

 

Yubin notices the evident color of red on the two girls' countenances, knowing that they went through wild on their way to finding the two missing girls. She bursts out snickering.

 

"Singnie and the tree are doing gay in the bathrooms and we didn't dare interrupt their moment 'cause they finally did it!" Bora quickly explains, panic too obvious in her voice tone.

 

"Wait you mean, they finally kissed?!" Minji asks in disbelief, and the two girls frantically nod for confirmation. "About time one of them finally made the moves!" Handong whistles.

 

-

 

"I bet they're all fuming in frustration right now because of their impatience and us. But hey, we finally did something." Yoohyeon manages to speak, chuckling right after, her bottom lip hurting from smiling.

 

"Your lip's bleeding but I'm the one who caused that so- Ahh !" Siyeon gets cut off by hearing something behind her crack. Her back suffers the same fate as the day before.

 

", I totally forgot about this !" There goes her back side. Yoohyeon immediately pulls the older to her, not to kiss but to stop the older's back's condition from getting worse.

 

"Can you still walk without feeling back pain?" Yoohyeon asks, holding the older's right hand. Siyeon concernedly looks at her, but nods. She wouldn't fret regardless of whether her back isn't holding on.

 

"Just, tell me if you need help 'cause you clearly ain't looking alright." The two girls walk their way out of the bathrooms, preparing for an infinite number of sermons from Bora and Gahyeon.

 

"You and me were exposed, but it was for the better, even if it cost my head and your back." And those are the last words Kim Yoohyeon says prior to entering the karaoke room with a suffering Lee Siyeon.

 

"THE GAYS ARE FINALLY TOGETHER!" Minji screams while running for a split second, crushing the newcomers with a wide and tight hug. Siyeon bites her lip, suppressing her whines of pain.

 

Because neither her and Yoohyeon tell the oldest to stop, she feels searing pain in her back. ", it hurts!" She lets out a deafening shriek, alerting everyone in the process.

 

"Why did you even back me against that damn wall Yoo-" Yoohyeon covers the older's mouth, but it's too late because everyone else starts laughing at them, including Minji.

 

"Yeah it isn't like we didn't hear you make out and do whatever you wanted in the bathroom, forgetting that we have to leave." Gahyeon gazes intensely at the two.

 

A guileful smirk is on her face despite the fact that her and Bora's cheeks are still totally red from the noises they heard from earlier. Handong stops cackling and starts worrying for Siyeon's back.

 

"Judging from how you just looked like when Minji hugged you two, you must've hurt your back again..." The Chinese girl sadly states, and Siyeon looks down on the ground.

 

"Well, this girl right beside me just decided to aggressively shove me on the nearest wall while she was kissing me like her rent was due and that was the only time she could do that."

 

"Tell me a reason why you ain't the one who asked for me to back you on the wall."

 

"Your obsession clearly got the best of you that you already forgot about what you said to me!"

 

"How about we just leave these two and go home already? I feel like sleeping especially when it's the afternoon and the guards..." Yubin suggests to the rest, and they agree with her.

 

Speaking of guards, loud banging on the door makes everyone flinch. Minji and Yubin point at an open window. "Let's just run!" Handong dashes, vaulting over said window.

 

"Evasive maneuvers y'all!" Bora goes next, Gahyeon and Minji following her. "They didn't even think of how I'd get out without completely breaking my back-" Siyeon meets silence before she begins running.

 

"For the wellbeing of ing mine! I'll simply get around this and supplicate that I don't injure my entire back from rolling. I thought no woman left behind!" She jumps, screw-driving herself to the opposite side.

 

Let's just say she finds herself in the hospital because her back gives up on her.

 

-

 

If you're wondering how Siyeon and Yoohyeon felt when they got punched in the face last chapter? They were totally fine, actually. There weren't any bruises formed and they're still living.

 

What about Handong? She was, for sure, punched by both Siyeon and Yoohyeon. Googolplexian times (that's an exaggeration), just like what the youngest of the three said to Siyeon.