One

IN BETWEEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"...One"

She said as she closed the door behind her. With tears escaping her eyes, she let out a deep sigh. She then looked back at the building where her memories, dreams and love once bloomed but now gone.

"Yang Jungwon.." She breathed as she slowly closed her eyes and continued to walk under the heavy rain. "Happy Birthday...I love you" she whispered with a sad smile plastered on her lips.

The cold gust of wind blew harder as if its trying to wreck her umbrella, she knew that it wasn't safe for her to go to work in this weather but what can a girl do? she needs to work in order to live.

It was the 9th of February, almost summer yet the air still felt cold on her skin. She sighed heavily, moving to another country, starting her life again at Zero is certainly not easy, it's a good thing that she has finished off her degree making her finding a stable job somewhat easier.

She once again starred at her phone, eyes landing on the date, it certainly has been 3 years since she left. 6 years since she got her heart torn, broken, shattered into bits. She vigorously shook her head and slapped herself as her thoughts started to drift again to the person she chose to forget.

"Come to your senses, Yoon SeYin. Don't think about him"

"You're early" Cello said as soon as she entered.

"I'm always early" she shrugged while she placed her bag inside her locker.

" No, I mean. You're early, you're never late, but why is it always this date of the month that you come in earlier that usual?" Cello answered putting on her coat, "Your shift starts at 9am, yet here you are at 7am"

"I just want to get some things done" she replied as she closed her locker and wore her coat. "I have a lot of work piled up" she added with a smile.

"You're such a workaholic" Cello laughed.

Seyin smiled as she mouthed the words "I know"

Things certainly has been tough on her, the past 3 years was not kind yet she managed to survive each blow she received. Indeed her work had piled up since she accepted more workload than before. She sat down directly in front of her computer and started encoding all the supplies that their department needs. When a sudden email popped up.

"El" she whispered as the older one looked back at her "Mr. Rogers comes in at 11 right?"

"yeah, why?"

"He asked me to go to his office first thing today"

"Why?"

"I don't know he just emailed me that he needs to talk to me"

Cello's mouth gaped wide open as she grabbed the younger one's hand "Maybe you're being promoted?" she added with a squeel.

"No. Stop dreaming"

"Well a girl can dream right? I mean you're so good at this job and you get everything right"

"You trained me El, If there's someone who must be promoted, it should be you"

"No thanks" El shrugged then spun her chair around he back now facing SeYin "Promotion means more responsibilities. so I'll gladly decline"

"You're out of your mind" she laughed as she then got back to her work.
 

"Miss Yoon" Charles Roger's deep voice echoed in her ear. "Miss Yoon? are you listening?"

"Ye-Yes Sir." she answered "But..."

"But what?"

"Why am I getting transfered?"

"Our branch there needs extra help, we have been catering to various walks of life and the demand is quite high"

"I-"

"I can't see any problem Miss Yoon, as I can see, you're the perfect fit, you're a native speaker of the language and you also get to go back to your country all expense paid"

"But how about my work-"

"Miss Hering can cover for you, and we have a lot of trainees here" Mr Rogers sighed. "you are not being demoted Miss Yoon, think of this as a stepping stone towards you're promotion" he added with a smile.

"I-I guess"

"Good, now you will be leaving in 3 days so..you better get those endorsements ready"

She fake smiled and bowed her head. Korea. she's going back to Korea. That thought certainly did not delight her even a bit.

________________________________________

SOUTH KOREA, 6am

"It's too early, wake me up again in 10minutes"

"We have a schedule at 7am"

"Yah! Yang JungWon! why did you open the curtains??!" Jay yelled while the light hit his eyes.

"Hyung, you're the only one sleeping everyone is waiting outside"

Jay frowned. "I am not a morning person"

"So am I." JungWon replied as he yanked the older one up from his bed "Hyung come on. We need to be on time"

Jay sluggishly stood and dragged his feet towards the bathroom while JungWon went to where his friends are.

"Is he up?" Sunghoon asked as he looked at JungWon who sat beside him.

JungWon just nodded and looked at his phone.

"You're going to go there again later?" Jake asked as if he read JungWon's mind.

"Yeah, if we finish early" JungWon replied.

"Even if we finish late you're still going there" Jay commented as he walked out fresh from the bathroom

"I just...maybe..you know..I mean..."

Sunoo who was sitting on his left patted his back.
"It's been 3 years...and you haven't seen her there"

"But just maybe. She'll be there today"

"There we go again with that 'Maybe' of yours" Jay spoke out popping his head out from his room which made them all stare.

"Hyung" Niki broke the silence between the seven of them. "You better put your shirt on before you start walking and talking to us "

Jay's eyes widened with Niki's comment which in turn earned laughs from the others.

It has been 3 years since he found an empty practice room #6, empty locker #41 and silent recording studio #10. It has also been 3 years since the guilt started to take a grip on his own heart. He was angry, disappointed, and maybe sad when he hurled those spiteful words at her.
He never said sorry. Not because his pride was on the line, but because he never got a chance.

She started to avoid his calls, stopped going to their practices, stopped suddenly showing up in their events, fansigns. He also saw how her smiles faded once he entered her vision. The smiles that he was once used to was evidently replaced by silence, head bowed down, eyes averting his own and lips tightly shut.

But when he finally mustered up his courage to talk to her she was gone. She didn't even leave any contact number, or any hint where she may have gone which hurt him even more. She left cutting him off perfectly from her life. He knows she had every right to do so after what he did to her but why can't she give him a chance to correct himself?

"-won"

He stared blankly at the camera.

"JungWon"

His name was clearly being called but he just can't hear what the other person was saying.

"Yang JungWon!"

Shout

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter