Whose Wedding Was It?

Tangent Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 | Whose Wedding Was It?

I looked at myself in the mirror, still unsure of what shade of lipstick would par with the look I have. I don’t usually stand on the conscious end of how I look but for some reason, I think I should look a bit extra for today.

Of all the shades I could choose from, I’m stuck deciding between a full red and something lighter.

I took another look at the mirror. I think I should go for the pale one.

Katatapos ko lang maglagay ng lipstick nang biglang tumunog yung doorbell. I opened the door and saw Winter. She’s dressed in full black. I’m certain it’s from Givenchy because I like the brand and own a few pieces as well.

Ang pogi ni Winter. Okay, is it even legal for a woman to be this handsome?

I got invited last Wednesday at Friday agad yung kasal. I didn’t know what to wear kaya niyakag ko pa si Ate Joy para samahan ako bumili kahapon. She asked me what it’s for and I simply said na may pupuntahan akong event kinabukasan.

Niloko pa nga ako ni ate at tinanong kung may date daw ba kami ni Winter. Of course, I quickly deflected to answer nang itanong ko kung mas bagay yung hawak ko sa kanan kesa sa kaliwa. Ate was quickly distacted and chose the black floral dress I was holding on the right. Thanks to her, I got something to wear today on such a short notice.

Winter stood there with confidence. Hindi ko ma-place pero parang naaalala ko sa kanya kung paano tumindig si Ate Seulgi.

“You look beautiful, Karina,” that’s the first thing Winter said to me.

“Thank you,” I replied but I wasn’t able to look her straight in the eyes. Parang nag-iinit ang mga pisngi ko just by hearing that she complimented my look. Am I blushing? When I picked up my composure, I looked at Winter again. Parang kumabog ng malakas yung dibdib ko.

“Ready to go?” Winter asked with that familiar smirk she has on her lips.

“Yeah,” tanging sagot ko sa kanya. Para kaming nag-usap dahil well-coordinated yung kulay ng mga suot namin. I also realized Winter’s a bit shorter than I am. Buti na lang at hindi masyadong mataas yung heels na suot ko.

We went to the parking lot and Winter led me to where her car was. I don’t know much about cars but it looked like a two-seater sportscar. I thought I would be most impressed with that tonight but Winter opened the door for me.

I could only murmur a quiet ‘thank you’ kasi kinilig ako.

She sat on the driver’s seat and she looked at me. “Seatbelt please.”

I quickly pulled it but I cannot seem to buckle it up. She took the buckle from my hand and she clipped it. Para akong na-istatwa. Nakalimutan ko atang huminga. I could only stare at her side profile while she drove.

“May dumi ba ako sa mukha?” Winter asked, tumingin siya sa akin pagkatapos niyang bumaling sa side mirror sa tapat ko. Iniwas ko agad yung tingin ko at lumingon sa bintana.

Damn it, Maria Karina Jimin Yoo, you’re being too obvious again.

“Yeah, it’s kinda bothering me.” I lied.

“Really? Can you wipe it for me?” Winter took a handkerchief from her pants and handed it to me. Nilapit niya yung mukha niya sa akin while still looking straight on the road.

I pretended I did. I wiped at the corner of her lips. “There, done.” I returned the hanky to her.

“Thank you.” Bumalik na si Winter sa pwesto niya.

“The wedding we’re going to, who are you close to? The groom or the bride?” I had to do something about this silence. Madamot ba si Winter kasi walang pa-music sa kotse niya.

Winter contemplated before answering me. “The bride,” matipid niyang sagot sa akin.

I nodded mindlessly. I don’t think she’s in the mood to talk.

Minutes passed before Winter spoke again. “We were friends in high school. Together with Ning, Yej and Ryu.”

“That’s nice. You’ve been friends with them for so long.” I commented.

“Teka nga, sabi mo diba you’ll be doing your r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter