The Sister

Eclipsed

"Oh, unnie is here too. Do you want to see her?. Ok, Yonghee unnie! Come here, be in my video.", Moonbyul sat with her face so close to her phone screen that she knew her mother would scold her and tell her that she would get square eyes from it. Yongsun had mentioned her sister when they had first met all those years ago but they had never seen each other, she felt a little jolt of anticipation as Yonghee sidled into view. She was quite as beautiful as her younger sister but in a mature way, as though she would scold you for looking at her the wrong way but you wouldn't mind. Moonbyul had to pull her mind out of the gutter because she had immediately imagined her wearing glasses far down her nose and brandishing a cane in a very ualised headmistress role. Yongsun's live video went on and she found herself laughing along with the women, but her heart sank when the older woman said she had to leave for work. Turning the video off and locking her phone, she made her way to the bathroom and had a shower, dressing quickly and collecting her keys as she left the apartment. Driving was one of her favourite pastimes and she relaxed more as she made her way to the studio to film her new MV 'Eclipse'. She'd put on her comfiest clothes because she knew she would have to change as soon as she arrived, a plain white t-shirt and grey joggers with her black and white Converse.

When she had arrived at the studio in which Moonbyul was recording her MV, Yongsun looked around to find her and noticed she was just finishing up for the day. She walked over and was immediately embraced by her sleepy girlfriend. The coffee she had brought hug limply by her side, as they broke apart, she offered the spare cup to Moonbyul who took it gratefully and sipped it since it was still boiling hot. Yongsun looke around to make sure everyone was busy and her cheek lovingly, she knew Moonbyul must be tired because her eyes kept drooping and so she suggested they sit down back in her changing room. When they arrived, the room was dark and Moonbyul asked if the lights could be left off, Yongsun said they could but they would have to be put on temporarily so they didn't trip over anything on their way to sitting down. The light switch clicked on and Moonbyul grimaced as she closed her eyes fast to block out the brightness. "Aish, sorry baby, i'll lead you to the chair and turn the lights back off.", Yongsun's tone was sympathetic and she did what she said she would, leading Moonbyul to her sofa and crossing back to the light to extinguish it. Whilst Moonbyul slowly fell asleep, her head resting on Yongsun's lap, the latter atrted playing games on her phone with the light dimmed so that shedidn't disturb her. Before long, she looked at moonbyul because a single sound came from her sleepy lips, a name, moaned softly.

"Yonghee....".

Her eyes widening, she stared at Moonbyul who has stayed asleep without the knowledge that her quiet outburst had been heard. Why had she moaned her sister's name?, when had they even met?, should she be worried about their relationship?. There was a gentle knock at the door and Yongsun jumped out of her skin, hoping that she hadn't woken Moonbyul, she moved slowly and replaced her lap with a cushion under her head. Opening the door a crack so as not to let too much light in, she slipped outside and closed it softly behind her. She smiled to see her sister there but frowned into their hug as she remembered the way she had heard her sister's name just a few minutes ago. "Unnie, what are you doing here?, I thought you had work?.", Yonghee smiled as she held her sister at arms length and said that she had finished the small amount of work she had had and thought she would come to support her sister's colleague. She asked if Moonbyul was still here and Yongsun nodded, saying that she was sleeping at the moment since she was exhausted from filming all day, Yonghee nodded and agreed not to disturb her. They stood in conversation about menial things to do with household chores and such for another hour, not moving an inch. The door opened behind them and a still groggy Moonbyul emerged asking for Yongsun, her eyes flew open as she saw the older Kim sister stood there and she bowed politely in greeting. "Unnie came by to wish you good luck with the shoot I think.", Yongsun's voice came out flat and monotone, Yonghee noticed and scowled at her little sister but turned a smiling face to Moonbyul who was looking directly at her. Moonbyul smiled shyly and thanked Yonghee but insisted that she hadn't needed to come if it was too much trouble. Yonghee insisted it wasn't any trouble and Yongsun mentally threw up in at the sickly sweet exchange.

Yonghee had insisted that they all go back to her and Yongsun's apartment for the night seeing as Moonbyul looked too tired to drive safely . There they were, all piled into her car, Yonghee driving, Moonbyul in the passenger seat and Yongsun in the back and feeling like a third wheel. She tried her hardest not to be jealous as the apparently 'too tired to drive' Moonbyul, laughed heartily at every joke Yonghee made, even the ones that were cringy dad jokes. Sulking in the back seat, she scowled as her sister turned in her seat, they had arrived at a red light, and said with a laugh. "Yongsun, i'm sorry but I think your girl has been eclipsed by my charm. Bad luck! She's mine now.". Yongsun could have hit her but she suddenly grinned back at her, a cunning plan playing on her mind, she would win her gril back, by whatever means necessary.