Chapter 2

That's Just My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

My eyes slowly opened as soon as I regained my consciousness. Three seconds were all it took for me to remember what happened, and that I'm not in my room to say that it was all just a dream. I went to that boat party, harassed by Dandanies, and fell into the sea when I tried to flee from the scene.

But... I'm not in a hospital either. Aren't hospitals supposed to have white ceilings and that annoying smell of disinfectant? Why am I seeing a wooden roof? I'm laying on something hard and uncomfortable for my back.

Wait, I'm not abducted, right?! Dayoung and Eunbi did not just hold me captive because I hate Kyungsoo? That's next level petty if ever.

My body shot up to sit and my eyes wandered around the walls of the place. It's uncomfortable, unsightly, and kinda smell. Then my eyes went down to the clothes I'm wearing. It's making my sensitive skin itch, a little tight that I couldn't breath. Slowly, I got on my feet and started walking in small steps while my eyes skimmed the surrounding.

Well, of course I still can stand, since I fell on the water and not on the ground. That's good. But what is this place?

I managed to find my way out of that small house. As soon as I pushed the door open, several people gathered in front of the house greeted my sight, turning their heads to look at me.

They're not just people, but they're my colleagues!

"Y/n-ah! You're awake!" with her arms spreading wide and relief all over her face, Jaein approaches me. And I reciprocated her embrace, just as tight as hers.

"Jaein, what is this place?" I whispered and peek past her shoulder. Dayoung and Eunbi are standing just behind her, pretending to be worried about me. Ha, as if I'll believe in their acts. Never! They are probably the reason why I'm here and uncomfortable.

Looking back to how they were so mad at me for hating Kyungsoo that I ended up falling into the sea, I'm kinda scared of them now. I still hate Kyungsoo, but I won't ever mess with his fans again.

"What do you mean by that, Y/n? This place is your home."

I pulled away and stared at Jaein with confusion in my eyes. "That," I pointed to the small house behind me. "That doesn't look like my apartment at all!"

"Your what?" and she looks back at our colleagues and they all shrugged, looking like they don't even know the word 'apartment' actually exist.

"And why are we all wearing these clothes anyway? Are we filming a historical drama and we're all that people in the village?" I scoffed. "I hate Kyungsoo but since he's everywhere, I can't help but have a glimpse of his career and it's like we're in that one historical drama he has." I looked around, more houses like where I woke up earlier were neighboring.

Is this the historical village in Korea that was preserved? One that is used for filming dramas. "It's like we travelled back in time." upon saying that, realization suddenly dawned into me and my smirk drops, whole system pausing as my brain tried to process it.

Don't tell me...

"What in the actual hell!?"

There is no way I travelled back in time! But if I did not, Dayoung and Eunbi would've jumped at me and tore me apart while screaming how dare me hate their precious Kyungsoo. Jaein could've been whining how the did she managed to convince herself to wear something that is so-not her style. Danbi and Hyunjoo should be freaking out, considering that they hated everything that has something to do with history and now they're in this historical village wearing historical clothes. The annoyingly curious Hana could've been asking me as to why I hate Kyungsoo, nonstop.

But all of them doesn't seem to be in their right personalities, like they are a whole different person.

"Y/n, you're finally awake."

That voice... That freaking voice!

With my fists clenching on my sides, I spun around and immediately saw Kyungsoo walking up to our group. And he's smiling. One could say he's genuinely glad to see me awake--like a prince who finally found his princess after a long journey of seeking for her.

Ew.

I leaned towards Jaein and whispered, "Why is Kyungsoo here?" and why are his fangirls so calm? He just walked in! I swear I heard Eunbi once said that she would kill just to see Kyungsoo walk past her and now that he did, why does it seem like she didn't care at all?

"Do you hate him that much?" disbelief was drawn all over Jaein's face. "You ran away and jumped into the lake to drown yourself and die. You hate him so much to forget why he's here?"

"Yes, I hate Kyungsoo." I glanced at latter with disgust and rolled my eyes at him. I have so much anger in me since it was his fault why I fell into that water and currently dreaming that I'm taken back in time.

Kyungsoo returns a painful look "That should change." he starts with a stern voice. "We're the only couple left to be wed in this village and I don't want us to spend our lives with hatred."

"WHAT?!" the heck! What's with all of this? First, I fell into the sea and drowned, then I'm in the past and I don't even know what era, and now I'm marrying Kyungsoo!?

"NO WAY!" I pushed Jaein aside to make way for me to escape from those people. "Sorry, babe!" I sent her a flying kiss and a wave before I bolted away.

"Y/n!"

I tilted my head back and saw ALL of them running after me. "There is no way I'm marrying Kyungsoo! Never!" I yelled and picked up my pace. I didn't care if I ended up accidentally throwing myself into a cliff, as I'm running mindlessly and directionless.

We reached the marketplace, people were crowding and it's a good opportunity to escape. They were staring confusedly as I run past them. I'd look back to check if my workmates are catching up and in one swift turn to the first alley I saw, I lost them immediately. I leaned against the wall to catch my breath, one hand pressing on my chest.

No way! I am not marrying Kyungsoo no matter what it will cost me. Even if it's going to be my life. If I were to be killed right now, it might be my key to go back to the present. That's right! I fell into the water and next thing I know is that, I'm here. Maybe I should go drown myself again! They said I jumped into the lake, my soul must've been switched with this body.

Wait, I'm still in my own body, right? Jaein and the rest of my workmates look the same as they were in the present. I checked my hand and saw that little birth mark I have on my right index finger. Phew, I maybe an average girl but I never want to be someone else. I love my body and my appearance as it is.

Now it's time to look for the lake where this past version of myself threw herself into, and then it's my turn to throw myself in it.

I asked for directions to the people in the market place, asking about the lake where a girl fell into. Good thing they weren't able to recognize me as that certain person who refused to be wed in order for the rain to come. Kyungsoo said earlier that we're the only couple left to get married in this village. I also heard some noblemen awhile ago talking about me because I attempted to end my life, and that Kyungsoo and I are the reason why it's not raining yet.

Who in the hell thought that getting all singles to marry will make rain? Whoever that person is, I don't care if it's the king or crown prince--just like in Kyungsoo's drama. But that person is dumb.

Finally, after what seems like years I reached the said lake. Hope surges through my veins and I dashed towards my key to success. I twirled around, running backwards while laughing my heart out. "So long, whatever era is this! It was never fun while it last-" I was cut off when I bumped against someone that I ended up falling on the ground, landing first.

"Ow, that hurts!" I whined, then whipping my head to the person's direction and immediately saw a middle aged nobleman. But unlike those noblemen I saw in the marketplace earlier, this one seems to have a position in this village's governance.

Our gazes locked and he suddenly squinted his eyes, as if he just recognized me. "Aren't you Kyungsoo's fiancee, the one who jumped into that lake to refuse marriage?" he points to the lake not far behind him. I couldn't answer him and only blinked my eyes. In a matter of seconds, anger filled the man's eyes. "Because of you, the magistrate wasn't able to have everyone married before the crown prince's cut off."

"You shall face the punishment." he smirks at me and I didn't like what I'm feeling upon seeing that. "Everyone! Take her to the magistrate office and tie her up. She will be receiving a hundred sticks as her punishment."

"A hundred what?!" please don't tell they're going to smack my bottom with that huge paddle. Just like in Kyungsoo's drama that I 'unintentionally' watched with Jaein before.

I wasn't given enough time to run away and in the next few moments after, the patrols literally dragged me towards the magistrate office. And that's how I found myself laying on my stomach on a what seems like a wooden chair, my limbs spread apart and were tied to keep them that way.

Lord Kim (as was the patrols were addressing him to) sat on a chair in front of my helpless figure. "Now tell me, lady. Why did you tried to take your own life on the day of your wedding?"

"Lord Kim," I breathed out nervously, afraid that one wrong word may cost a smack on my . The paddle is huge! I might not make it for the hundredth stick. "Marrying off all the singles isn't the answer why we're not experiencing any rain. The clouds doesn't have enough water to evaporate, that's the real reason and not because there are people who aren't married. You should learn science."

"What is she saying?" he asked the vice mayor beside him and only got a shrug as a response. "W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter