Chapter 1

That's Just My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

There's something with Do Kyungsoo that I can't just say why I hate seeing his face, let alone hearing his voice. He's a famous singer, of course he'd be all over the place and his songs are played in almost every store I go into.

I guess it's because I eventually got sick of him after witnessing how he slowly started dominating every walls in the subway to every corners of Korea. At first, I actually didn't care when his music trended for the first time since he debuted and people playing it all over again, dancing to it every damn time. But then I had enough.

So, I decided to be his hater.

Fortunately not the immature type who picks a fight with people. I just secretly hate him to avoid any conflict with those who like him. I'm not a kid to fight someone for their music preferences. Though I'd rather not stay close to them and act like listening to Kyungsoo is fine.

"Y/n, let's go to the party." Jaein presses her cheek on my shoulder as she pouted. "Work has been really hectic, we deserve a break."

"Are they going to play Kyungsoo?" it's a party, they will obviously play an artist and Kyungsoo just had his comeback few days ago. As his secret hater, I never listened to his song and always have my earphones with me so I can't hear at least a second of his voice when I go to places.

Jaein narrowed her eyes and smirks. "You really like Kyungsoo, aren't you?" she moves closer to whisper into my ear. "They aren't just playing Kyungsoo, he's there to perform live."

"Nope. I'm not going." I said in a heartbeat and walked past her to get to my desk and pretend I'm fixing some files.

"But why?" Jaein doesn't know that I actually hate him since majority of the people around me are Dandanies (Kyungsoo fan). I'm cryptically showing that, but she just can't catch it.

"I... Have plans for the weekend, actually." I lied.

"Come on. Please? It's the company's foundation anniversary." Jaein started shaking my arm. "Kai is going to be there too."

That awakened my interest. I turned my head to look at her with widened eyes. "Kai? Also known as Kim Jongin?"

"Yeah! Kyungsoo felt a little skeptical to be the only only artist invited to perform, so he asked if Kai could tag along and perform too." Jaein suggestively wiggled her brows. "Mmmh mmmh."

"Stop, that's not what Mmmh sounds like." I shook my head in disbelief with a little scoff. "Okay, I'll be there."

"Yes!"

"ONLY because Kai is going to be there and then I'll go home right after his performance."

Jaein bursts out laughing, as though what I just said was the most ridiculous. I raised an eyebrow at her, making her stop. "Y/n, that's a boat party. You can't just go home," then she holds a palm up when I was about to interrupt her. "You've given me your word, you're coming to the party with me no matter what."

I sighed. "Whatever."

Jaein's right, I have given her my word and to take it back is the last thing I ever wanted to do. Besides, Kai is going to be there. I guess risking my ears and eyes to hear and see Kyungsoo will be worth it.

Weekend came faster than I thought. I already have planned how to peacefully spend my Saturday and Sunday in my apartment. But then here I am, being dragged by Jaein towards the yacht where the party is happening. People are everywhere and still calm now that Kyungsoo and Kai haven't showed up for their performance.

Our boss fortunately are close friends with SM Entertainment's founder and easily got to ask him if Kyungsoo and Kai could perform for the company's anniversary party, that's what I've heard from my co-workers. A lot of parties happened before but our boss failed to have at least one idol from SM to play, due to their busy schedules. Kai and Kyungsoo are the first artists to be invited for our company party.

I wish it was just Kai though.

Jaein turns to look at me and cutely pouted when she saw me frowning. "Y/n, smile."

Not even a minute since we boarded the yacht and I could already hear Kyungsoo's voice through the speakers. They're playing his latest song and everyone's dancing to it while waiting for the party to officially start.

"I should've been lounging in my living room right now. If only I don't love Kim Jongin and is so willing to see him." we stopped right in the middle of the crowd and Jaein spun me around to dance with her.

"Why is it always Kyungsoo though?" that thought unintentionally came out as words. My brows met in the middle as I roamed my eyes around the sea of people random dancing to Kyungsoo's song. "Why does everyone love him so much, he's overrated. I heard he'd glare at people to scare them off."

It was as if the world malfunctioned when literally everyone turned their heads to look at me and the music stopped.

"What are you saying, babe?" Jaein nervously laughs as she nudge my shoulder. "You like Kyungsoo."

"No, Jaein!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter