chapter three.

paper flowers

it is awkward. it really is awkward between them both. they sit in silence for a bit before she turns to him. “oppa… it’s… you right…” she looks at him, quite sure she wasn’t mistaken. “hi… soo… it’s been a long time. how have you and your family been? how’s jaewon?” he asks, smiling softly at her. “we’ve been good. oppa was trying to find you. he called up all your mutual friends to try to find out where you had gone. we were worried…” she says before looking away. she too was worried. having spent most of her childhood with her brother and him. haein was like an older brother to her, part of the family with how much he too doted on her. “i guess there’s a lot to catch up on.” he chuckles, feeling bad for making them worry. “come, show me the office. and perhaps if jaewon’s free we could have dinner together tonight?” he suggests and she nods “i’ll call him during lunch.” she says. “but in the meantime…” she takes a quick selfie with him, catching him unaware before sending it to her brother. “let’s go, oppa. i’ll bring you around.” she says as she picks up her notebook and pen, getting up to show him around the office. she brings him around, introducing him to the different departments and the staff.

 

after the quick office tour, jisoo takes the male to his office. “i’ll leave you to settle in then, oppa. see you later for lunch.” she says before closing the door for him and heading back to her desk. her seniors gather around her desk, having many questions about their relationship, envious of their youngest. jisoo just shares simply that the male was a childhood friend of her brother so they were naturally close. they didn’t need to know about the other details about their life. some of the girls hint to her to speak well of them in front of him, wanting to shoot their shot with the hot bachelor who happens to be their new art director. jisoo only chuckles and says she’ll talk to him about it.

 

after dispersing from the little gossip session, jisoo is back to concentrating on her work, typing away on the keyboard, from time to time, stretching. she doesn’t even realise it’s lunch until her colleagues remind her to go for lunch. she nods and reassures them she’ll go soon after completing this report that was almost done. she is about to finish when there’s a soft tap on her shoulder. she turns around and see that it’s haein. “you’ve not eaten right? let’s go eat together. i’ll buy you lunch. on my card.” he chuckles thinking about his friend paying for their meal. she nods. “let me just save this and i can go, oppa.” she says as she saves her work before she grabs a few things and heads out together with him, much to the envy of the other office girls. “seems like someone’s causing a scene in the office.” she teases as she shakes her head seeing all the older girls watching them. “says the school’s belle.” he shoots back as they walked out, heading to a nearby café. he has her go sit after they picked out their food while he waits for their food.

“oppa’s bombarding me with calls and messages.” she chuckles as she shows him her phone that has hundreds of messages and missed calls once he came over with the food. “you really should talk to him personally. here i’ll give you his number.” she says as she pulls out her brother’s contact to give to him after he pulls out his phone. she’s still the same cheerful girl he knows from back then, a ball of sunshine. he might’ve missed her more than he should. was she attached now? he was dying to know. “i am.” she smiles shyly. did he just ask that out loud? he looks at her for a bit. “you should know him too… mingyu oppa.” she says as she touches the necklace the male gave her when he asked her to be his girlfriend. “a… ah…. congrats… mingyu’s a great guy.” he says, smiling softly even though his heart dropped at her words. mingyu was great but was he good for her? growing up together with her, he too wants the best for her, even if it meant that person isn’t him.

“how have you been the past decade? you left without a word we were all shocked. mr jung mentioned you were working in the states.” she says as she takes a sip of her iced tea. “well… i mean… you know what happened… and i just… needed to get away. i really didn’t mean to leave everyone hanging. especially not you and your brother, after all you two have done for me during that period… but i know that i wouldn’t leave if i spoke to the both of you…” he shrugs with a soft smile. he wouldn’t be able to leave her behind. “but otherwise, going abroad was good for me. and especially for my career i guess. i managed to get a job in a pretty big company which helped me rack up a pretty good portfolio.” he says as he cuts up his sandwich and shares a little with her. jisoo just smiles and takes it from him. “weren’t you lonely?” she asks. it must have been scary. leaving behind everything that he was familiar with to go to a foreign land. “i was a little, i guess. but after working for some time, and bonding with my colleagues there, i made a couple of friends here and there. some who became really close friends.” she nods listening. “how about a girlfriend? i’m sure you must have dated!” he chokes a little on his food at her words. he just chuckles and shakes his head. “too busy to get a girlfriend.” if only she knew… “that’s alright. there’s so many unnies here you can choose. i’m sure they’re all dying to go on a date with you.” she teases. “now stop teasing me and finish your food, little girl.” he says as they both continue chatting over lunch.

 

ever since the three friends were reunited, haein came over to their place often, hanging out with her brother and her. and their parents always warmly welcomed him, treating him like their own son. since he would come over almost every other day, jisoo would tell mingyu to go straight to their place instead of picking her up from office so they could all spend time together. it unsettles mingyu a little, how they were spending a lot of time together, at work and privately. jisoo had an obvious crush on the elder when they were younger. she never openly admitted it but the way she looked at him… both jaewon and him knew she liked him and would talk about it from time to time. 

 

spending time as a group is great but he also wants to spend time with her privately. their date nights had been greatly lessened with their increasing workload and it just feels like they didn’t have much quality time together. time flies and it’s already been six months since they got together. mingyu wanted to do something nice to surprise her. there was going to be a long weekend this week and he booked them a seaside apartment to have some time together. away from jaewon and more importantly, away from haein. he made sure to seek her parents’ permission and promised to keep them updated with what they were doing so they could be sure their daughter was alright. and to show that he was a responsible and trustworthy man to entrust their daughter to. he hasn’t told her yet, hoping to surprise her.

 

“flowers for miss jisoo.” the receptionist smiles as she brings with her a huge bouquet of flowers, handing it over to the younger girl. this sends her colleagues into tizzy, with them coming over, crowding round her desk to about the bouquet. jisoo could only smile softly, chuckling as the older girls with how sweet and romantic mingyu was. it’s a racket and makes haein look up from his computer to see what the commotion was about. flowers. right… must be from mingyu. he hates to admit it but the male really does treat her well, treat her right. he should be congratulating her on finding her special someone, but he just found it hard to do so. he just turns his head back to his computer, trying to focus on his work. the modelling gig was coming up soon and they were finalising the last few things before the shoot happens in two weeks time. everything needed to be perfect. even more so, because both jisoo and him are going to be the models. it would help her gain even more recognition in the field, collaborating with a senior like him, who has his name somewhat known in the field. focusing on his work, he doesn’t realise that it was past lunch time already until he hear soft knocks on his door. the girl was holding a paper bag, chuckling as she walked in. “so busy, mr jung.” she teases him as she goes to the sofa, taking out the food she bought and placing it on the table before her while he walks over to join her. “thanks.” he chuckles as he looks at what she has bought. “it’s a cold day. soup is good.” she says as she hands him his share before taking her share and slowly sipping on the soup. “i’ll be going for a trip with mingyu oppa this weekend.” she says as she puts the soup down and picks up the salad bowl. “so you and oppa can have some boys time.” she smiles, not knowing it makes him uneasy. “just the two of you?” he asks. it wasn’t that he didn’t trust mingyu. but, after all… a male and a female… alone… overnight… “mhmm… he booked us a seaside apartment.” just thinking about it gets her excited. mingyu was always so attentive to her and what she likes. “he promised mom and dad he will update them regularly. and he will get me to update them too so they won’t be so worried. but i honestly don’t think they’re too worried. we grew up together and they know what kind of person mingyu is.” she says before continuing with her food. haein could only bite his lip so he wouldn’t say anything. it’s never safe… he just nods listening to her talk about how excited she was to spend time with the other and continues on with his meal. as they finish and clear up, he can’t help but remind her. “don’t let your guard down, soo… mingyu’s still a guy after all. you should put jaewon and me on speed dial alright?” he says as he takes their food trash and heads out of his office to throw it, leaving her there. she just nods a little before heading back out.

 

he needs some time away. he shouldn’t be near her right now. since it’s been a while since he last saw her, he couldn’t help it that his repressed feelings were all coming out all at once. as much as he wants to deny it, she was his first love and he still has all these feelings for her…

 


hello everyone,

hope everyone's well.

so we finally have it... haesoo getting reunited.

trouble's going to brew soon so do continue to read if you're interested whether they'd end up together or not.

have a good weekend ahead everyone!

 

iridescentbae ♡