Not A Blind Date

Locked Out

“Where are you going?” Gahyeon curiously asks to Yoohyeon, who’s dressed like she’s about to hang out with a friend. The former assumes the blonde is really going to do that.

 

“I’m meeting up with my friend, doing some catching up with her and all. Haven’t seen her in a while.” Yoohyeon lazily replies, checking her phone notifications.

 

Her phone vibrates in her hands and Minji’s message pops up. The next thing Gahyeon knows, Yoohyeon screams for a split second and the younger’s ears get pierced.

 

Yoohyeon puts her phone dangerously close to her eyes and rereads Minji’s message for the nth time, mentally cussing at the latter. She’s sure she’s having a pointless fight later.

 

“The heck was that! I almost got my eardrums ruined!” Gahyeon whines, still caressing every part of her ear making sure that nothing got damaged from the out of nowhere scream.

 

Yoohyeon averts from her phone screen and locks her confused gaze at Gahyeon, unable to speak any words out of . The older blinks and deeply breathes.

 

“This girl really said that I’ll be coming to a blind date by force after staying at her home for a bit for reasons and my mind instantly goes all over the place!” Yoohyeon frantically states.

 

“She must be insane for that. Why would she tell you just now- Ohh right! The element of surprise would be lost and you’d panic the night before!” Gahyeon answers back.

 

“You have a point but I literally didn’t say anything to her and her girlfriend about wanting a lover and !” The older lets out a frustrated groan and checks her phone again.

 

“Well, I gotta go right now or she’ll be absolutely mad with me.” She defeatedly sighs. There’s no use in complaining when Minji is impatiently waiting for her to come.

 

Gahyeon bids Yoohyeon goodbye and the latter leaves the younger’s apartment. Now that Gahyeon thinks of it, she also has blind date matters to attend to.

 

The fact that Yoohyeon mentioned about her friend’s girlfriend and her rambling about a blind date muddles Gahyeon’s brain. The girl’s 100% sure that she’s being delusional but then her phone suddenly rings.

 

“What now?” Are the first words she says when Siyeon calls her for the nth time. Well, why wouldn’t she be upset and annoyed at her older sister repeatedly telling her this and that.

 

“Might as well get your ready ‘cause the blind date happens an hour and a half from now!” Siyeon fires back and Gahyeon can feel her blood boiling .

 

“I thought it happens tonight and not later?! And where is the date occurring?” Gahyeon asks, remembering the details that Minji texted her. She scratches her head.

 

“If I were you, I’d just get dressed right now ‘cause I don’t want to be late. We’re going to THE arcade near your building by the way!” Siyeon says before making a “muah” sound.

 

The call hangs up and Gahyeon stays frozen in her place for a solid minute. The thought of an arcade blind date with Yoohyeon makes her space out and forget about time.

 

Gahyeon quickly shakes her head and rushes to her wardrobe closet, shuffling through clothing. Several seconds of finding outfits later, she goes straight to her bathroom.

 

Kind of odd that she’s going on a date at an arcade and not at another fancy restaurant. Although, she’s somewhat relieved for that ‘cause she doesn’t want to embarrass herself.

 

"LEE SIYEON!!!"

 

-

 

“Here we are!” Minji and Yoohyeon arrive at a certain arcade located near the latter’s apartment building. Both girls get out of the older’s car. Minji walks with the girl to the entrance.

 

After some usual things in an arcade are done here and there, the two girls get into a gaming room. Minji pulls out a blindfold and obviously wraps it around Yoohyeon’s head.

 

“Do you see anything except for black or the light or whatever?” Minji questions, looking at her phone when Siyeon texts her. The former reads some messages, mostly about Gahyeon.

 

“Nope!” Yoohyeon responds, waving a hand in front of her face to confirm her answer. She gives Minji a thumbs up, not knowing where the older is. The latter just chuckles at her.

 

“Your date is outside. Probably by the entrance with my wolf girlfriend. Stay silent for a bit and good luck with them!” Minji says her goodbye and leaves the gaming room.

 

Yoohyeon becomes a nervous mess. She has never been on a blind date, simply because Minji isn’t like Siyeon who forces her sister to go places, and the ending’s never great.

 

“Please tell me this is the last time you’ll be bringing me to blind dates.” Gahyeon looks at Siyeon and stares at her for a bit. The younger’s done with her love life after this.

 

“I won’t guarantee that, but you may get lucky and have a girlfriend later if things go well for you and your date!” Siyeon whispers and looks for a specific door and Minji.

 

“Girl wha- There she is!” Gahyeon points at her sister’s girlfriend who’s approaching them. Minji motions at the door Siyeon’s trying to find. She faces Gahyeon and kisses her cheek.

 

“Let us know what’ll happen to you later. Good luck by the way, I’m sure you’re really liking who you’ll be with.” Minji smiles (but actually smirks) at Gahyeon.

 

The girlfriends Gahyeon to the door. Siyeon wraps a blindfold around her sister’s head and ties the knot at the back. Gahyeon tells the two girls that she can’t see anything.

 

“Great! Here you go Gahyeon.” Minji opens the door. Siyeon carries the youngest to a seat right beside Yoohyeon who has been the human form of silence like Minji instructed her.

 

“Imma obviously leave the both of you here. I’ll be staying at my girlfriend’s house. Bye!” Siyeon walks back to the door and joins Minji, leaving the arcade building.

 

“H-Hey?” Yoohyeon finally speaks. The awkward silence is internally killing her and she needs to have a conversation with whoever her date is.

 

“I still don’t know why we’re here on a date Yooh.” Gahyeon absolutely knows that she’s talking to her new friend right now. Yoohyeon recognizes the former’s voice.

 

“Gahyeon?!” She calls the younger girl in disbelief. She takes a moment to calm herself down. She removes the blindfold knot at the back of her head, sighing in relief.

 

The blonde glances at her side, confirming that it is indeed Gahyeon from her vivid red hair and fox-like face, even if the latter’s eyes are still covered by the blindfold.

 

Yoohyeon stands up from her seat and goes to Gahyeon, successfully attempting to remove the latter’s blindfold. The former couldn’t help but to drool at the younger.

 

“You know, this is like the millionth time that I’m going on a blind date. My ears are not liking the word ‘date’. Gahyeon nonchalantly says, staring at the Guitar Hero machines.

 

“Aish, Kim Minji and Lee Siyeon really be insufferable!” Gahyeon looks away from the game machines to Yoohyeon, noticing saliva streaming down the blonde’s chin.

 

“A-are you drooling right now?!” The younger’s eyes widen, her hands searching for the handkerchief of her pockets. She then gets close to the girl’s face, wiping the saliva off.

 

“You’re gorgeous, Gahyeon.” Is all Yoohyeon can say to the red hair. The younger gives the former a weird look and smacks her head. The blonde finally realizes what she has done.

 

“You’re kidding me! You high or something? I’m literally just dressed in pants and a polo shirt!” Gahyeon confusedly states in a matter-of-fact tone.

 

“That’s the thing! You’re in a damn oversized polo and some ripped jeans! You think I’m not going to panic because of you?” Yoohyeon blurts out, slapping with her free hand.

 

“My radar says that you’re most likely simping over me and I ain’t complaining. Thanks though!” Gahyeon grins, gets closer again to Yoohyeon and points at the mentioned game machines.

 

“Try winning against me at Guitar Hero 2 by round. We’re doing four songs. Thunderhorse, Six, Jordan and Psychobilly Freakout.” The red hair smirks.

 

“The blatant disrespect! I’ve been playing Guitar Hero since the very first game of the series! Heck, I can even ace TTFAF and One!” Yoohyeon scoffs at the challenge by Gahyeon.

 

“Only one way to find out if you ain’t lying then.” Gahyeon stands up from her seat and walks towards the Guitar Hero 2 machine with Yoohyeon following behind.

 

A few minutes later, they finally got their respective characters and guitars in the game to use for their face-off. It took them some bickering and games of rock-paper-scissors.

 

Gahyeon has Xavier Stone using the Natural Sunburst Gibson Thunderbird Bass while Yoohyeon has Izzy Sparks rocking the “The Log” guitar.

 

“I’m so prepared to beat your tree at every song. Yeah sure you can beat TTFAF and One but how about Jordan and Thunderhorse on super speed?” Gahyeon teases the blonde.

 

“Just shut up and press on the damn ready button so we can start and I won’t have to hear whatever’s coming out of that mouth!” Yoohyeon whines.

 

To be honest, Yoohyeon thinks she’s already screwed as she hasn’t played Guitar Hero games in general in too long. She internally prays for her reaction time and fingers.

 

Gahyeon holds the strum bar down until she sees Thunderhorse light up in red. She side-eyes Yoohyeon who is sweating bullets like this’ll be the last few moments of her life.

 

After pressing on the start button of the controller, Gahyeon also feels nervous because she doesn’t know when she’ll keep on pretending that she wants to get these songs done.

 

She can hear her heart beat so damn loud she could call emergency services at any moment. But for now, she has 4 songs to perfectly play (or at least hit tons of notes) on expert mode.

 

The loading screen of the game’s gone and the battle starts in 3 seconds. Thankfully, Yoohyeon still remembers where and when to put her fingers on the fret buttons and the strumming.

 

“Here comes the Dethklok song of nightmares!” Gahyeon exclaims, getting herself ready to spam the fret buttons and abuse the strum bar.

 

Some time during their Thunderhorse battle, Yoohyeon successfully manages to use her star power at the right time, getting a much higher score and the meter going in her favor.

 

Gahyeon doesn’t let that faze her and saves her star power for the most difficult part of the song. Who knows how she’ll execute the star power for the incoming important part.

 

“ing !” Yoohyeon misses a single note. Gahyeon’s eardrums’ are on the verge of blowing off for the second time of the day and actually aces the crucial part of the song.

 

Yoohyeon quickly recovers from her mistake but it’s already too late when Gahyeon activates her star power, the win meter swerving all the way to her side.

 

At the end of the song, Gahyeon wins by a landslide and Yoohyeon looks like she wants to jump off a cliff after not pressing on the right fret button. Gahyeon pats her shoulder.

 

“Come on now Yooh, it’s not like I said we’d only play Thunderhorse! We still have three songs to do and you might actually win against me!” Gahyeon reminds the blonde.

 

“Yeah right. I just look like whenever I lose a pro-face off game with another player. It doesn’t happen that frequently…” Yoohyeon’s voice deflates and she just shrugs.

 

Gahyeon chooses another song out of the three remaining that they’re playing. She decides to go for Six. Yoohyeon sees the song Gahyeon selects and heavily breathes.

 

The two girls go back and forth taking leads and strategically activating their star power at different times. Yoohyeon goes on “Tryhard” mode and aggressively strums on the bar.

 

Gahyeon thinks Yoohyeon can break her guitar controller from how the latter looks like a madwoman going on a rampage. The red haired hears loud noises beside her.

 

-

 

Time passes by, Yoohyeon wins Six and Gahyeon automatically wins Psychobilly Freakout because the blonde literally messes up the middle and ending notes.

 

“I’m playing like a bot in Call of Duty with the way I keep on missing too many notes. Honestly, I haven’t played in so many years since the latest games were just !”

 

Yoohyeon stands up from her seat, picks up her guitar controller and almost smashes it on the floor. She didn’t care if she’ll pay for vandalizing the gaming room she’s in.

 

Gahyeon grabs her arm and stops her from breaking the guitar controller and rage quitting. The younger then back hugs the blonde, soothing the latter's fragile and furious heart.

 

“That explains how you literally struggled with Psychobilly Freakout but not TTFAF. I’m not letting you play Jordan, destroy the guitar and game machine though.” Gahyeon softly says.

 

“I get it, you haven’t played in I don’t know how many years but you did well.” The red haired reassures, seeing red form on Yoohyeon’s face. She must be flustered from the hug.

 

“Don’t be too hard on yourself. You managed to beat me at Six!” She continues on saying, feeling the blonde’s body shake against her. It’s actually freezing cold in the room.

 

But Gahyeon and Yoohyeon know it isn’t just because of the cool air surrounding them but the familiar sensations of heat and tension that’s bothering them.

 

Good thing that they aren’t cowards. They could’ve chosen to run away and instantly regret everything earlier but here they are, not doing anything but to let an intimate moment happen.

 

Gahyeon retracts her hands from Yoohyeon’s clothed stomach and breaks the hug, giving the older a few seconds to breathe and process what just happened.

 

“Me drooling was a bit gross but I heard you talking about Minji and Siyeon earlier. I’d jump off a building rather than hear what they’re doing.” The blonde turns around and chuckles.

 

“How do you know them by the way?” Yoohyeon curiously asks because she’s never seen Gahyeon prior to the apartment door accident.

 

The former’s been seeing the two girlfriends for years. The younger’s doing the same. It’s strange that they never had an encounter way before the arcade date.

 

“Siyeon’s my older sister and I’m really good friends with Minji even if I look away whenever they act lovey-dovey with each other.” Gahyeon explains. 

 

Yoohyeon’s mouth stays agape but she forms a reply in amusement while checking out the red haired. “You remind me of that wolf. Maybe that’s the reason you look so familiar to me.”

 

“That’s a first! You’re the only who told me that I feel like Siyeon, not even Minji. I sometimes hate her for teasing the hell out of me but she’s my favorite person!” Gahyeon widely grins at the blonde.

 

Yoohyeon returns the grin. Everything about Gahyeon is what she’s been looking for. She isn’t the clumsy idiot. She finally figures it out. She’s sure the fox feels the same for her. 

 

How? Gahyeon took her time hugging her, inhaling the Exotic Lily perfume she put on. Yoohyeon hates taking time dreading for things that she can get on the spot. 

 

Her inner self is tired of hiding, wanting to tell (show) Gahyeon what she’s feeling right now. She intensely stares at the younger while her heart’s holding on for dear life.

 

Gahyeon finally understands that this is THE date she’s been waiting for. Unfortunate things do happen for a reason because if she never agreed on going to these dates…

 

“This ain’t a blind date anymore Yooh. We’re clearly not that blind and I can see your eyes.” Her grin instantly changes to a devilish smirk, panicking Yoohyeon in the process.

 

“I like y- screw that. I already love you.” She confesses, walking closer, surprising the blonde when she suddenly backs her against a wall, hovering her lips over Yoohyeon’s.


Sure, she's struggling to keep herself at the same height as Yoohyeon. Well, she has no problem forcing the older to slide or crouch down against the wall for a bit.

 

They’re too dangerously close, not even moving an inch forward or backward. Yoohyeon’s glad she chose to use the perfume she has because Gahyeon’s going insane over her scent.

 

“I knew you were the one ever since I saw you at the hallways. I won't ruin us, I promise.” Yoohyeon somehow growls, sneakily putting her hand on Gahyeon's shirt.

 

" everything. I badly want you Gahyeon." The older grabs the loose collar of the red haired's shirt and pulls it. Her lips clash with the younger's soft and inviting ones.


To no one's surprise, they keep going at it, almost forgetting that they'd have to leave the arcade building soon. Someone knocks on the door of the gaming room and Gahyeon stops herself from ignoring the said door.

The younger makes a run for the door and opens it, seeing a bewildered Yubin and Handong, probably from how the red haired looks like not long after making out with Yoohyeon.

 

-

 

“They’re together oh my goodness! They kissed like their rent was due!” Minji screams at a picture of Yoohyeon and Gahyeon at the gaming room being adorable and hot.
 

It's obvious that the two younger girls really had a battle of liplocking because their lips were damned with cuts and blood oozing out of them. Minji almost chokes at that.

 

“They ing went wild! It was all part of the plan and worth it!” Siyeon exclaims, feeling proud that her younger sister finally has a girlfriend, thanks to her and Minji.

 

“They won’t bother us that much anymore! Speaking of rent, they’re actually going to pay tomorrow. Bora’s going to kill them if they don’t do it at the same day.” Minji states.

 

“Ahh . I should let my sis know about that! She’s already gotten her check yesterday.” Siyeon pulls out her phone, speedily scrolling through her LONG list of contacts and pressing on Gahyeon's name.

 

“WHAT IN THE ACTUAL AM I HEARING?!” Was all Siyeon could say when Gahyeon answers the call. She immediately regrets interrupting whatever the hell her sister’s doing.

 

“They really did it faster than when we-“ Minji speaks before she falls down on the couch, feels a strong smack on her head and gets a playful beating from her girlfriend.


"H-hey! Yubin told me G-Gah-hyeon- S-Stop that!" The older groans, there goes the useless information that Yubin and Handong shared with her.

 

-

 

A/N: This two-shot was actually written during Deukae’s Summer Holiday era so Yoohyeon’s blonde and Gahyeon’s still red haired. I just revisited this and rewrote almost everything.