Three

The Law of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seohyun can no longer take it and she just quietly peed on her pants. It wasn't like it will be smelly anyway and it's cold, she can't hold that longer. Besides, she has extra clothes.

 

It feels so warm and relieved to be able to let it out.

 

"Are they out?" asks her in a whisper as she tries to peek yet she can still see them.

 

"They're taking too long. It's just a cigarette." Taeyeon is impatient as well.

 

"Isn't it against the rule of the school?" Seohyun thought the guards are violating the rules in the middle of their work.

 

"Yeah, kind of, that's why they're at this part of the campus. So no one will know." said Taeyeon in a whisper as well. She sighs and turns to face the younger one. She checks the time and finds out they have been in the position for thirty minutes. "We will freeze her if they don't leave anytime soon."

 

"Omo, they are leaving, Unnie." Seohyun informed as her eyes widened. She had to cover when she realize her voice was loud.

 

"Indeed." Taeyeon gets up and gestures the younger to follow. They keep their body low as they keep going.

 

Seohyun doesn't know the way so she just keeps herself behind, following the older girl's lead until they reach the main building. All lights are off besides the lights outside that keeps them know the way.

 

Upon seeing another guard in the hallway, Taeyeon stopped and so as Seohyun who almost loses her balance. 

 

"He's coming here. We need to hide." 

 

As soon as Taeyeon announces, Seohyun looked around the hallway but there isn't a thing that they hide on. "I think we should go back." so she suggested, grabbing the older girl's hand and dragging her as they run back.

 

"Wait." But Taeyeon was able to notice the ajar door and instead, she pulled the younger with her to enter the room. Both heaved a deep exhale once the door was shut. They can hear footsteps from afar. Both keep their mouth shut as they waited for the footsteps to disappear. 

 

When it stopped, they were happy and slowly they opened the door only to find the guard is talking with another guard. Taeyeon gently close the door back before they'll catch them. 

 

"How many guards going to talk and stop us from going?" Seohyun is frustrated. She grabs the nearby chair in the room and took her seat.

 

"We really don't know when are they coming." chuckled Taeyeon lightly as she looked around. The room turns out to be the office of the school's dean. "Wow, look how lousy this office is. This is where the tuition fee goes?" she scoffs sarcastically.

 

"Hanguk is an expensive law school, this shouldn't be a surprise." Seohyun just simply said, getting up and checking if they are still there. She sighs deeply when she can still hear them. "At least it's no longer that cold."

 

"I know right?" Taeyeon took her seat to the executive chair and places her feet on the desk, feeling like a head of the school.

 

"Omo, Unnie put your feet down." Seohyun demanded.

 

"Why not? It's cool here."

 

"You're going to get it dirty." She reasoned.

 

"Then so be it. They fail a lot of law students every year don't you know that? Imagine the cries the students do while they sit here as nothing happened. Tsk, that's why I don't like seeing our dean too." 

 

Seohyun shakes her in disbelief yet she smiled as she can't agree more.

 

"You know, I'm a senior student but have been in the year for almost three years now. That's how they don't want us to graduate. Tsk. Even though we did great on everything they want us to do, they give us low grades. Such heartless professors." Taeyeon continued to share her sentiments. "But you better graduate Joohyun-ah. I know you're smarter than me."

 

"Unnie, I'm just like you." chuckled Seohyun, doesn't even think she's that smart.

 

"You were a president in your senior high, don't even think you are not."

 

"No, actually it was just my parents have influenced. So yeah, I got the votes from my classmates."

 

"Omo, chincha? Whoa, didn't know that still exists." Taeyeon is disappointed to learn.

 

"But getting into KAIST isn't because of my parents, I took the exam and I scored high unexpectedly." Seohyun proudly shares. She really studied a lot just to enter the school because it was her dream school. Her parents want her to go a medical school but she refused to do that and luckily her father change his mind and let her despite her mother's disapproval. 

 

Taeyeon nodded. "I knew you are smart."

 

"Yah, you couldn't enter KAIST if you are not smart too. So don't act like you are not." 

 

"Why am I staying in our school if I am?"

 

Seohyun couldn't answer right away as she couldn't find an instant reply to it. "Just not... yet the right time?" she smiled awkwardly. 

 

Getting up, Taeyeon approached the younger and smiled. "I really need to teach you sometimes. You know, how to be sensitive. I wasn't asking you, Aish." she accidentally put her voice loud causing her to quickly press her ear against the door. Her eyes widened when the footsteps gets closer.

 

"I was just kidding Unnie." Seohyun reasoned out but the older girl covered immediately.

 

"Shshshs." Taeyeon hush her. "They're at the door." and she pulled her to crouch down.

 

'Did you hear it? I think someone's inside?'

 

'I never heard anything. And the door is locked, how could someone enter the room?'

 

The two girls are holding their breath when the doorknob is moving which seems to be they're trying to unlock it. Both are praying it won't open as they keep their eyes on it.

 

'Oh please... please... don't open.'

 

'Don't ing open the door.'

 

But the door slowly opened--yet the two didn't able to enter when they heard their radio. They close it and hastily left the room.

 

Seohyun and Taeyeon let out a loud exhale as they collapse on the floor, sitting. 

 

"I thought they're going to see us. I will have a heart attack anytime soon."said The older girl, rubbing her chest that was still beating fast.

 

"Me too Unnie." Seohyun can't believe what just happened. They were almost caught. She laughs along with Taeyeon as they take a while to rest.

 

-

 

Finally, after passing a few buildings and gyms successfully, they got a sight of the dorm. There are few guards only but they still couldn't just continue naturally. They have to hide, duck and hide a lot to every spot they are well hidden. The dorm is in two buildings, the left side is for freshmen and sophomore students while the right side is for juniors and seniors. 

 

"Sophomore too, right?" Taeyeon wanted to confirm while peeking behind the trash cans. 

 

"Yes. Her room is at third floor." Seohyun confirmed. She's glad Yoona shared about her room. 

 

"Okay, we just need that guard to leave first then we'll continue." said Taeyeon, looking at the guard standing in front of the entrance. 

 

"Yes, but Unnie, I don't think he will leave. He's assignment is to be there." Seohyun guesses. 

 

"Indeed. We need the plan C then."

 

"Yes?"

 

"We have to create a chaos." Taeyeon seriously said looking at the younger girl's eyes but she receive a hit on her arm instead. "It's the only way we can so he'll leave." she reasoned.

 

"That's too risky." Seohyun scolded. "Let's not get in trouble shall we?" She believes there's another way to pry the guard away.

 

"Got a plan then?" Taeyeon dared and the latter got quiet. She raised her eyebrows, waiting for her to answer.

 

Seohyun then suddenly got an idea. "One of us should get there and distract him."

 

"Distract him from what?" 

 

"From talking? Then I will sneak inside."

 

Taeyeon scoffs. "You just told me I should be the one doing it. No way. I can't get in trouble." she disapproved. "Let's think for another way."

 

Seohyun sighs in defeat. "Fine." And both of them got quiet again.

 

-

 

Walking casually to the entrance of the building, they stopped as the guard block them with her arm stretch. 

 

"Isn't it curfew already? Did you guys forget about it?" The guard ask them, checking them from head to toe. 

 

"We fell asleep in the library, Ahjussi." Seohyun replied with a pout face.

 

"It's true. Studying hard can really make us forget about the time. Can you spare us, Mr. Handsome?" Taeyeon also did her acting as she clasped her hands together.

 

The guard scoffs in disbelief. "You guys can't buy me that. ID, so I can report this to the detention." He turned to took his pen from the desk nearby but as he faces them, they have run animatedly inside. "Yah!" He hurriedly chases them as the two runs upstairs.

 

"Comeback here!" He shouted outloud. They're too fast while he's slow and too loud. "I'll beat you guys once I got you both!" He warned, trying to keep up with their pace but running the stairs is hard for him. He got tired and decided to take his seat on one of the steps to catch her breath. "Aish, being 40 is a bad thing!" 

 

"Ahjussi! Please keep your mouth shut! I'm studying!" Someone complained that cause the guard to just leave the two on their own.

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun reached the third floor in no time and both look for Yoona's room.

 

"What room?" 

 

"302. Oh, there it is." Seohyun pointed at the door and quickly she pressed the doorbell. 

 

Taeyeon keeps on checking the hallway to make sure the guard didn't follow them but it looked like he stopped. 

 

"Is she inside?" Seohyun pressed the doorbell again in hope Yoona will finally open the door. She pressed her ear to against the door to check if she can hear footsteps but there's nothing. It's too quiet inside. 

 

"She's not around?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"It looked like." For the third time, Seohyun pushed the doorbell button but still no hints she's inside.

 

"Do you know any passcode she uses?" 

 

"I don't know but this is her phone's passcode." Seohyun punched the date of their first kiss unfortunately it didn't unlock. "Ugh. Come on." She groans in frustration, knocking the door. "Yah! Im Yoona!" She couldn't resist and yelled it out.

 

The next door opened and girl on her jacket and jogging pants came out. "You, keep it low. I'm sleeping."

 

"Omo, Yihyun?" Seohyun recognized the girl. She's one of their schoolmates but knew each other through the music club. 

 

Yihyun raised her eyebrows as she tries to remember the girl before her.

 

"It's Seo Joohyun." Seohyun approach her with glee. 

 

"Omo, Seohyun. Seo Joohyun. It's you Seo Joohyun. What are you doing here? Whoa, it's been a while." Yihyun hit her arm, smiling brightly. 

 

"We have no time. We should get inside her room now." Taeyeon is impatient. She doesn't want any guards to catch them.

 

"Oh yeah, I'm here to see Yoona. Remember the doe-eyed?" 

 

"Of course. We are actually friends too." Yihyun walked to Yoona's door and unlock her room. 

 

Seohyun is stunned. "How'd you know... The passcode?"

 

"We hang out. So yeah, she shared her passcode. 0628." Yihyun didn't even hesitate to share the passcode.

 

'That's my birthday.' Seohyun mentally scolded herself for not even thinking about it. 

 

"You, you guys are dating aren't you?" Yihyun teases with foolish smiles. 

 

"Aish, no more talk. Thanks for your help, Yihyun-ssi." Taeyeon didn't give Seohyun the time to answer the tease as she pushed her inside Yoona's room.

 

Empty. They were greeted by no one besides Yoona's photo on the wall together with her parents and a poster of her favorite singer. A picture frame of Seohyun and her is also on the night stand.

 

"She's not really here. Where could she be at this hour?" Seohyun wonders. She doesn't know where she goes if she's not studying thay frustrates her.

 

"Did she mention anything earlier?" Ask Taeyeon, taking her seat on the doe-eyed's chair. 

 

Sighing, Seohyun lowered herself to the edge of the bed so she can rest her legs too. "Just when we reach her room, she's not around, tsk." She's annoyed yet felt safe now that she's in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter