One

The Law of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As soon as the alarm clock rings, Seohyun lazily shut it off as she sat up, yawning so big and stretching her arms which made her stomach be seen a little as her shirt was pulled. She blinks her eyes slowly as she tried to have clearer visions.

 

It's Saturday morning but she still wakes up early and does her chores. Living in a dorm is never been easy for someone who is born with a silver spoon in .

 

Lazily she walks to the bathroom and did take a minute to do her business before she walked out, took her phone from the nightstand, and played a song called 'Sky full of Stars' by Coldplay. And then began to clean her room; arrange the books on the desk and wipe the dirt off. She also fixed her bed and cleaned the night lamps and stand. She proceed to clean the floor which took her another 30 minutes. She ended her chores by cleaning the bathroom with another hour to finish it.

 

"Aigoo." She heaved a deep sigh as soon as she meets the floor on her back. She's staring at the ceiling with lazy eyes. "I'm hungry." Mumbled her. She forgot, no one's going to send food to her room since it's Saturday. They have this food service for selected students only and she's one of them because she doesn't know how to cook. She's already 22 yet doesn't have time to learn. Well, she's a busy student to do something not related to her degree course.

 

Sitting up, she rubs the itchy part on her neck as she gets up and opened her laptop. "Omo." She saw the sticky note on the wall that reminds her about the class reunion later in the evening. She hastily grabs her phone and texted Yoona.

 

To Moron: Good morning Yoongie my love. Tonight's the class reunion. You're going right?

 

She waited a minute that turned five minutes before she got... Nothing.

 

Her last message was 3 days ago, telling her she'll come and they should meet at the subway station and the 3 words she always received from her. 

 

Moron: lab you, babe.

 

"Such a moron." She mumbled as she rereads the last message she sent. Yoona is busy with her studies especially this week because of exams. And she understands that. But she still can't help and be upset. 3 days of not calling nor sending her a message feels like she forgot about her. "Aish, why did we choose different Universities though." That frustrates her. 

 

"I am going to a law school because my grandfather asks me to take law."

 

She sighs, as she remembers Yoona took law only because she doesn't want to upset her grandpa who has a reputation in society. She's a child of lawyers, it runs in their family.

 

However, knowing that Yoona told her she'll come, she shrugged it off and went to take a shower. Came out only after fifteen minutes and rummage on her closet. It's still winter she had to put on a thick jacket after changing into a white shirt and pants.

 

Walking out of her room,

 

"Good morning Joohyun." A guy who passed at her greeted friendly.

 

"Good morning." She just replied simply as she went on her way.

 

Stepping into her bike, she just started pedaling and another greeting from another student was heard and she brightly responded to it.

 

"Going to the cafeteria?" One of the University's security asks her loudly when she passes at him.

 

"Likewise, Mr. Cho." She shouted, waving her hand in the air.

 

"When are you going to cook on your own?" A janitor this time asks her.

 

"When I turn 30." She replied coyly, chuckling as she her left. It's slippery that she had to be careful.

 

As she reached the cafeteria, she checks the time and casually headed inside. She plans to go to the mall after having breakfast. Or more like brunch since it's almost 12 noon. The place is empty with only the staff of the cafeteria busy preparing the meals for everyone.

 

"You missed Professor Lee." The female staff told her while placing the meal on her tray.

 

"She was here?" Seohyun wanders her eyes as if she can still see her. The professor is her favorite seatmate every time she eats on weekends. "Ah, too bad." she felt a little regret.

 

"You woke up late?" 

 

"Nope. Had to clean up my room." She replied with a big smile.

 

"I see." 

 

"Thanks for the food, Mrs. Han." Bowing, she left to take her seat at a table nearby the glass wall. She was surprised when she find a dessert added to her tray. "Mrs. Han." She called the staff and sent two finger hearts with cute smiles. "Saranghae." and giggles.

 

-

 

While browsing the store with a paper bag already hanging on her arm, Seohyun receives a call from Sooyoung, the closest classmate she had back in their Senior High.

 

"She's coming, I told you last night." she just nonchalantly told her once she answered the call.

 

[I'm just checking again, you know everyone will be there. And haven't heard about her.]

 

"Yuri, she's coming?" She mentioned the girl who is studying medicine at another University. 

 

[Not sure about her too. Ugh, why did she and Yoona choose the hardest profession to study?]

 

Seohyun chuckled. "They were best friends. I think that's their thing." she stopped at a certain coat that caught her attention and took it to check on it.

 

[Well, let's see who will be late later. I mean, the party starts at exactly seven. We don't wait for latecomers unless pizza will be served.] Sooyoung reminded as part of their tradition when they hang out.

 

"Yeah, yeah. I won't come late. I mean, we won't." She rephrased it immediately and laugh.

 

[Silly. See you-]

 

"Wait."

 

[What?]

 

"Can I get your opinion? I'll send photos of coats to you and tell me which should I buy." She requested without hesitations.

 

[Okay, go I ahead.]

 

"Hold on." She opened the camera and took a picture of it, sending it in an instant to her friend. "What do you think of that?"

 

[Hmm pretty common. Send more.]

 

Excitedly, Seohyun scans the store again and took more pictures that will catch her attention and send it to the older girl. "Tell me which one?" She asks, anticipating her answer. But Sooyoung took a while before she chooses the last one.

 

[The blue sky, Yoona loves the sky color so much.]

 

Seohyun laughs. "I am not giving it to her." Denying it hysterically. 

 

[Yah, I know you, Seo Joohyun. You always give her something back in high school. So yeah, I guess it right.] Sooyoung giggles.

 

Sighing, Seohyun just couldn't deny it. "I haven't seen her since 3 days ago. I thought a gift would be nice."

 

[You miss her that much.]

 

She chuckles. "Who wouldn't? Anyway, I should hang up now. All salesladies here are staring at me right now. I can't let them wait for long." She hangs up and immediately bowed in apologies to everyone before she handed the coat Sooyoung has chosen. She had a wide smile on her face, imagining Yoona's reaction to the coat. But she's more excited about seeing her again. They're dating yet couldn't meet a lot because of their studies and being in different Universities. So she always makes sure to give her something, especially in this winter season.

 

-

 

Wearing a brown thick coat outside her sky blue blouse and tight pants while wearing heels, Seohyun made her way down to the subway station along with the others. She had her make-up on and tied her long smooth hair. Not to mention her uke necklace Yoona gifted last year is seen around her neck. 

 

Ring... ring... ring... it just keeps on ringing as she calls Yoona. She took her seat to one of the benches and called her again. But to her dismay, she groaned in frustration and called her again... again and again until she decided to just wait, uncertainly.

 

She's busy studying because they have exams this week. She knows that but at least Yoona should answer her call so she's aware she'll be coming or not.

 

Sighing deeply after 30 minutes of waiting, she tried her luck and ring her number. It only ended to be unreachable. 

 

"What is wrong with her?" Her patience is being tested. She began to pace back and forth, check every person that would come near if it was her, and call her again for the 20th time. Still no luck. What's worse, she's an hour late already to the class reunion.

 

Taking her seat back, she decided to just eat or she would end up starving waiting for someone who wouldn't come.

 

-

 

"Guys!!! President Seo is heeereee!!!"

 

Everyone cheers at their table when they saw the last person arrive and it happened to be their class president back in High School.

 

She's late. So rare for her. Well, it had been 3 years since they graduated, things change.

 

Seohyun places the box of pizza and drinks on their table with an exhausted face. "There goes your pizza." She mumbled and took her seat to the empty one next to Sooyoung. 

 

"Thank you, Prez!" Everyone choruses as they got their pizza one by one.

 

Seohyun heaved a sigh and sulks watching her high school friends enjoy the food. The last person always has to bring food whether they like it or not. 

 

"You, you're not eating?" Ask Sooyoung realizing she's just watching with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter