2 Duck - You take my Bath Night for taking a bite out of someone (again)

Rubber Ducky, You're the One

Featuring = Chan (17) lumbering Minho (15) with the job of bathing his younger brothers as a means of punishment.

Featuring Minho trying desperately to give Jisung (12) Felix (12) , Seungmin (12) and Jeongin (10) a bath

“Please!” Minho actually fell down onto his knees in front of his elder brother, hands clasped in front of him with the most imploring look in his eyes. “Please, I’ll do anything to make you forgive me for this. Please, Chan, please!”

Blinking from where he stood in the kitchen doorway, Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who were busy preparing supper and raised an eyebrow, “What happened this time?”

“To whom and what?” Kyungsoo asked, too busy concentrating on getting the flavour right on the sauce he was making for the stakes he was going to marinade for next Thursday as he was always that organised when it came to feeding this ever growing pack.

Baekhyun looked up at his giant friend and then leaned back a little from where he was cooking the rice to catch a glimpse of the two eldest having a stand off in the dining room. Well more kind of a sort of balance off as Chan was seated huffily on a chair looking completely pissed towards his younger brother whilst Minho was kneeling on the floor seemingly trying to implore the eldest omega with his eyes.

“Oh, not entirely sure this time,” Baekhyun replied, “Chan’s not been talking to him since last night when they got back from school and we thought it best not to ask too many questions because of his resting face.”

“Ouch, that’s bad,” Chanyeol grimaced, looking back at the two eldest. There was a lot to be said for how the pair usually got on, they were usually a force to be reckoned with but every now and again some kind of argument would flare up and they wouldn’t talk to each other for a bit. Normally it was only half a day, as Chan couldn’t seem to be able to keep himself upset at Minho for any real length of time so for them not to talk to one another for a full day was pretty extraordinary. Only once before had Chanyeol seen Chan get this mad over something and it hadn’t been directed at anyone in the pack so this was a development and a half.

Chan glared at Minho, “You bit him!”

“I know,” Minho whined, sounding incredibly childish.

“Minho…” letting out a frustrated sigh, Chan shook his head as if to centre himself, “Just be bloody honest with me for once and tell me why you did it!”

Minho looked pained and shook his head, looking reproachful and quite literally close to tears, “I told you once and you didn’t believe me.”

Chan looked confused for a second before he groaned, “Please to Aka tell me that you’re not still talking about that stupid golden rock. I don’t know what lies you were told…”

“They’re not lies!” Minho cut in, sounding desperate

“Or whatever you took to believe such stupid stories,” Chan continued, exasperated beyond belief, “But a golden rock doesn’t let you see the future or anything like that.”

Minho grew angry for a second, “It does and that smug little of an alpha was going to hurt you.”

“You think that every damn alpha I try to get close to is going to hurt me,” Chan snapped, throwing his hands up in the air. “You’ve been doing this since we were kids and there’s no need to!”

Minho stood his ground, “He had a running bet with the rest of the football squad about how many times that he could make you and he was going to share videos with the rest of them. I wasn’t going to let him degrade you like that.”

Chan let out a well known groan as he held his face in his hand and mumbled something under his breath that no one had ever quite managed to get a full understanding of. “Minho, do you think I’m that stupid enough to let him get near me in that way? I know he’s a ing playboy , everyone in school knows it and I was only allocated to him for the English Assignment because the teacher wanted us to work in mixed pairings. Honestly, between you and Squirtel…”

Minho blinked, looking confused, “What the has he got to do with this?”

Chan turned and firmly smacked Minho on the back of the head, “You’re both pig-headed alpha dorks who don’t believe that I can’t defend myself from a terrible twerp that I get assigned to by my teacher which I have no say for in the matter in the slightest. At least he has the decency not to act like a five year old and bite him because he bought me a drink.”

“I’m sorry, okay,” Minho said again, “I honestly thought that he had spiked the drink and was going to drag you off to do terrible things to you. I got scolded by coach for it and I’m banned for the next three games too…”

Chan’s ears dropped at this because he knew that Minho loved his games so to be banned from them was a big deal indeed, “And cause I was ratted out they may make me bench for the national dance championships next month too…”

That did it for Chan, who knew that Minho only defended him out of some wild inner need that was never fully explained even after all these years. Plus if Minho was benched from the dance championships he was going to be utterly devasted because if there was one thing that Minho truly loved more than protecting his older brother, it was dance. But also knowing Minho, he wouldn’t manage to get out of his slump until he had somehow paid Chan back in some way which was just as obnoxious as the fact that he had bitten someone – again – for getting too close to Chan.

But then an evil little thought popped up into his mind that there was a way he could get something good out of all this and make Minho atone for his crime. Plus it would mean that he’d have a night off and be able to go out which was an added bonus as far as the young omega was concerned. As there was a certain alpha who had expressed an interest in seeing him tonight, alone, with some massage oil and a lot of kisses. Though his younger brother did not need to know that.

Smirking for a moment, Chan schooled his face into neutrality as he turned back to his kneeling brother, “If you really want to make me forgive you and forget the incident ever happened-“

“Please, I’ll do anything,” Minho was virtually on the floor with his begging right now as ‘ert ‘eelings were still a major thing between the pair.

“Give the maknae’s their bath tonight and put them to bed for me,” Chan stated with no room for questioning or clarification.

Minho’s head shot up, ears erect as he stammered, “What?”

“You want me to forgive you?” Chan countered, trying to school his face and almost failing.

The young alpha on the floor was nearly horrified by the idea because whilst he loved his little brothers to pieces, dealing with the sunshine twins, Seungmin and Jeongin when it came to bath and bedtime was the closest thing to hell on earth. They were all adorable and so sweet, until it came to this time and already Minho could feel the headache and the exhaustion coming on from having to deal with this monumental task. But if it got Chan to forgive him for being an over-protective once again then he’d gladly do it.

Even if it was hell on earth.

Chan didn’t even have to wait a second to know that the young alpha had accepted his fate and he was gone in less than sixty seconds. The omega was out of the room, up the stairs, grabbing an bag that he had prepared just in case as well as his phone to start messaging. “I’m going out to see Jackson! I’ll be home no later than eleven thirty and if not, I’ll message to say that I’m staying at his.”

“Thought you were on bed duty?” came a call which was either from Yixing or Zitao, Minho couldn’t quite tell at the moment.

“Minho’s doing it to make up for biting people again,” Chan called from the doorway, knowing that the younger cub would have to explain to someone else the reason as to why. “I’ll message and let you know.”

“Stay safe!” called the voice again and then a shadow fell across Minho as he heard the door close behind him. “So, biting people?”

Minho groaned and stood up, head hanging low, “A greasy low life who would have hurt Chan if he had gotten half the chance, Gege, but Chan just thinks I’m being over-protective.”

“I hate to say it, but you are,” Zitao said, folding his arms as he stared down at the youngster, “I know you worry over him because he’s an omega, I get that but he’s also done more arse whopping on his own without the help.”

The young alpha sighed, his ears dropping down drastically, “It’s not that I don’t think he can’t defend himself, it’s just…”catching his tongue, Minho shook his head. He couldn’t explain things any clearer than he had done in the past and no matter how many times he tried to, no one would ever believe him. Or they would just say that it was some fray magic that he had gotten mixed up in which he wasn’t supposed to. Which for a long while he had believed, until Jungkook came fully into his life and showed him things that were beyond all imagination. “I don’t want him to be hurt by someone I can stop.”

Zitao smiled and stepped forward, ruffling the youngsters hair, “You’ve gotta learn to let go of Chan, Minho. We’ve all got to accept that one day you will all have your own packs and be in different places. It’s hard, I get it. Xiumin was terrified the day that Chan presented as an omega and I don’t say I blame him for all the things that have gone on in the past but you have to let Chan make his mistakes, find his own feet in the world because there will be a time when you’re not there for him and there’s nothing you can do about that.”

For a fleeting second, horrible thoughts crossed Minho’s mind about the broken and lost Chan that he had seen in those strange visions all those years ago. The broken words spoken to him by a devastated Chan who blamed him solely for not being there for him when he needed him the most and had to take a deep breath. He knew what his Gege was saying was true, understood it on every level but how could he even begin to get anyone to understand what he saw and how it effected everything to do with Chan. His sweet, elder brother who did everything that he could for them, the omega that Minho most looked up to in the entire world for being so strong and brave and everything perfect and how badly he did not want to find him in that terrible state he had seen in the future visions.

But he knew that until there was a way to explain, he had to buckle up and make things right. “I know, just…” Minho shook his head, “I’ll bath the babies and get them to bed. Though if I need back up?”

“Your Ba is home tonight, give him a yell,” Zitao replied with a grin, “I ain’t dealing with the maknae line.” Flicking the youngers nose, ignoring his yell of displeasure at the subject, the alpha-omega hurried off to see who he could find to be helping with so that he would not get dragged into the chaos that was bound to happen.

tbc

 

authors babbling: Yeah, an little hint as to something with Minho and his way over protective nature concerning Channie ^^ But also, Minho, stop biting people!