1 Duck - Bath Night - Puppy Version 1

Rubber Ducky, You're the One

Featuring = Chan (5) playing with his duckies, Minho (3)making all the bubbles and Changbin (2)eating the soap and Sehun getting soaked

A distinct growl came from the bathroom which had Zitao pausing in his steps with a frown growing on his face. His ears pricked up, mainly to focus on the sound but also to just ensure that he was indeed hearing things correctly. Bath time was interesting at the best of times, because whilst all the omegas had their own bathrooms, there still always seemed to be a fight for getting into one or else someone in it when it needed to be used so hearing a growl coming from one of the many bathrooms wasn’t too uncommon an occrance.

But hearing it coming from the exclusive bathroom that was used for the cubs was slightly concerning.

To facilitate bounding between the cubs, it had been decided that the large central bathroom in the mansion which had been provided by Suho’s parents, would be primarily dedicated to the cubs so that they had to learn to share, keep one another clean and also have their own space. The room was a large semicircle which held a large circular bath in the middle of it with plenty of safe matting around it. There was a walk in shower on the far side, and a series of sinks with little stools and a cupboard filled with sensitive baby products for baby fur and shelves filled with bath toys and sponges and everything else needed in order to wash the cubs.

The colour scheme was a bright blue with white, as well as several large rubber ducky stickers courtesy of Chan, and it was a space that was meant to be filled with fun, laughter and the occasional grumble from a cub who didn’t want to get a wash.

So a growl coming out of the room was worrying. Especially since Zitao did not initially identify the noise.

Taking a breath to steady himself, as well as make sure that he wasn’t about to blindly charge into what could quite easily be an innocent situation, Zitao took careful steps towards the door and listened again.

Faintly he could hear gurgling, the sound of snickering laughter and someone merrily humming an all too familiar song. Pressing the handle down, as there wasn’t yet a lock on the door because having a lockable room where cubs could potentially drown was a really bad idea at the best of times, Zitao opened the door and expected to find some kind of trouble brewing.

Instead, what he found was probably the cutest form of none-destructive chaos that he had ever seen. As well as one of the funniest sights concerning his mate that made the alpha-omega almost immediately burst out laughing. He managed to retain himself for at least ten seconds before Sehun turned to glare at him and Zitao completely lost it as he howled towards the omega.

“It’s not funny!” Sehun snapped towards his mate, though with no real heat behind his voice, as it was clear he was trying to keep himself composed in front of the culprit who was still snickering in glee at having done what he had done. “Zitao stop laughing this instant.”

Which made Zitao laugh even harder because whilst Sehun could appear to be completely fierce and dangerous when he was actually pissed off, being made to look like a drowned rat by a three year old was just the biscuit. Especially seeing as there appeared to be clumps of his hair which were oddly coloured.

Minho joined in the laughter an immediately picked up the bucket, which was strictly meant to be for washing hair, and threw another pail of it straight at the omega. Sehun turned with a growl, a playful one this time, and charged straight towards the cub who let out a squeal and started running to the opposite end of the bath tub.

Zitao found himself howling more with laughter at the sight as despite the surface being completely slippery, Minho managed to easily maintain his grip and duck expertly out of the way of Sehun’s desperate attempts to grab him, all the while being extra careful of Changbin who was happily sitting in his little bath floatie eating soap like it was the most yummiest treat in the world. There were little bubbles coming out of his nose and the alpha-omega knew that he probably should intervene with that at some point but was practically crumpled over with laughter at the uttermost disaster which was his mate right now.

Xiumin very caughiously popped his head around the door, just in time to see a very Minho running around to the opposite side of the bathroom, with a drenched Sehun chasing after him and Zitao sitting on the floor crying with laughter. Panic momentarily raised up in his heart when he spotted that Changbin was alone in the bath, eating something that he shouldn’t be but thankfully stopped directly in his tracks when a little tuff of curly hair popped up on the edge.

Chan had waddled across to pick up his little standing stool and smiled warmly at Changbin, “Hi Binnie!” he said in a loud and clear voice, grinning when the baby gurgled happily and waved towards his elder brother, hiccupping bubbles. “Oh no, you don’t eat that, it bad for your tummy!” Chan continued on, gently taking the only slightly chewed bar of soap away from the small little hands, which made Changbin start to squirm and cry. “Here! I brought you some diarylea cause I know you like it and it’s better tasting than soap!”

Chan had indeed bought Changbin some diary lea, a whole small box of the little triangles which he carefully opened, halved and then held out for Changbin to nom on was he was still mainly gums in his human form. The doctors were saying that he was progressing really well though and would soon be teething which meant plenty of sleepless nights ahead but Xiumin couldn’t help but feel so warm looking at his precious little baby feeding his brother.

“My bet is still on,” Yixing said softly from behind, wrapping an arm around Xiumin whilst his free hand recorded the chaos that was the rest of the bathroom, “Chan is an omega.”

“I’d prefer him to be a soft alpha,” Xiumin whispered back, shuddering a little but then smiling, “But no matter what, as long as he continues to look after his brothers like this, I don’t think I’ll ever really care.”

Yixing nodded and kissed the side of his head, “That’s true. Though I think we best help save them all unless we want a completely destroyed bathroom for the cubs.”

Nodding, the two omegas got to work in getting the children sorted, Yixing taking Chan and Changbin as the pair were the easiest – plus Chan had started singing “Rubber Ducky, You’re the One” to Changbin which was immediately added to the record pile for embarrassment in the future – whilst Minho helped Zitao to pin Minho down in a corner and scoup him up in a blanket. Sehun was exempt because he was literally soaked to the bone and needed a chance to just sit down and cope with all the madness.

Cubs captured and safely off to bed, Zitao grinned and knelt by his mate, “Well, that…”

“Don’t you dare,” Sehun cut him all off, pouting very dramatically like a child, “I want a cuddle, a warm bath in my own bathroom and to never be on bathing duty ever again!”

Zitao nodded, “Okay the first two I can do, the third not so sure about but don’t worry baby, I’ve got you.” Shifting himself, he gathered up the soaking omega into his arms bridal style and carefully set off to their shared annex, sparing only a moment for Kris to allow them both to give the alpha a kiss before retiring for the night.

Until the next chaos the next morning, when Sehun realised that for reasons completely unknown to him, he had rainbow hair.