I Plead the Fifth

[Secret] Dorm Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gyuri was the first one up in the apartment, maybe living with a family who woke up with the sunrise had made her body clock this consistent in waking up at 7 am. 

Her usual routine was to make drinks for everyone because she was banned from touching any kitchen appliances other than the coffee maker because of the blender incident (But Chaeyoung was the one to blame for daring her to put 3 whole potatoes in it) which caused Jisun to ban them from using ANY kitchen appliances without supervision.

She went down on the first floor where their kitchen is and by reflex, she grabbed all their mugs and started boiling the water to make them all a drink to start their day.

Saerom, Hayoung, Nagyung, and Seoyeon prefer coffees all the way because it practically runs in their veins right now.

Jiheon and Chaeyoung prefer hot cocoa because they don't like the taste of coffee.

Jiwon prefers to eat first then pick what drink she wants with her food.

While she and Jisun prefer their usual Red Bean Tea to help with their puffy faces.

Gyuri hums a tune while she fixes up their drinks to their liking and just like clockwork, Jisun comes down to cook breakfast before she goes to work.

"Morning Jisun" Gyuri greeted as she turned off the boiling water, Jisun hummed in acknowledgment while opening the fridge to see what they could have for breakfast.

"How about hashbrowns? should I make some kimchi fried rice too?" Jisun asked.

"Maybe some soup too?" Gyuri proposed 
"Sure I'll cook some bean sprout soup" Jisun grabbed the ingredients she needed and got to work.

After Gyuri placed the drinks on the table, she went to Jisun and gave her the pastel-colored mug with a sheep drawing to Jisun (Chaeyoung was the one who gifted it to everyone and was even the one who drew the animals on the mugs).

"What can I do to help?" Gyuri asked a bit lost on how to help because she doesn't want to ruin the taste of the food.

"Can you grab some potatoes from the basket and wash them, about 8 should be enough for us"

Gyuri went to grab the basket of veggies on top of the fridge and to her luck, there were exactly 8 pieces left of potatoes.

"We really need to go grocery shopping soon"

A calming silence engulfed the room as the duo made breakfast for everyone, Gyuri and Jisun were dubbed the Dad and Mom of the apartment by the girls and they weren't wrong how the couple looked like they were married for years.

"Good Morning" Hayoung was the next one up, she rubbed her eyes while grabbing her yellow mug with a cute raccoon drawing on the front.

"Morning" both of them greeted back, after Hayoung got a sip of her coffee she instantly went to the kitchen to help.

"What are we making?" She asked scanning the ingredients to see what she can do.

"Kimchi fried rice" Hayoung hummed and went to get the leftover rice from last night.

Slowly as time passed by more noise resonated around the apartment as one by one the girls woke up, because some of them needed to get to work or they were just hungry from skipping dinner.

Saerom started to do a headcount to see who was finally awake and they were missing 3 people, Jiheon and Chaeyoung were fixing up the table, Jisun and Hayoung were finishing up the meal and Gyuri was cleaning up the mess in the kitchen.

"As usual Jiwon, Seoyeon and Nagyung are still fast asleep," Saerom said, it wasn't unusual because the two 2000 liners love sleep so much and it was because of their schedules too that's why they needed more sleep.

"Jiwon was up late, I could hear her below me screaming" Jisun replied from the kitchen.

"We really need to soundproof her room" Saerom mumbled as she walked up to the stairs to wake up the three for breakfast.

Saerom wanted everyone to eat together for the morning (as it is one of her house rules) before they went to their work, and if their schedules all lineup dinner together would be good too.

The first one up was Jiwon on the 2nd floor, she walked to room 203 and knocked on the door, she knew the small girl was a light sleeper so it was no surprise for her to answer the door quickly as she was probably awake because of the noise on the first floor.

"Megan, time for breakfast" The small girl pouted for waking up too early but her stomach was hungry so she had no other choice.

"Morning Romsae" she yawned while rubbing her eyes.

"Be careful going downstairs" Saerom instructed while patting her , she knew Jiwon's brain was still foggy which may result in her tripping on a step or two while going downstairs.

Saerom huffed when she reached the 3rd floor where Gyuri, Jisun, and Jiheon stayed how she wished this was the floor where the 2 youngest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter