Sunsets

A Shade of Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you please hurry up? I've been here for a while now!"

 

"Stop overreacting Hyuk. It's only been a few minutes. Let me check if all my things are here!" Donghae grumbles from the driver's seat to a whining Hyukjae beside him.

 

Hyukjae peers over the backpack that Donghae brought with him, only to roll his eyes. "Come on, you have everything already. It's all packed, I can see your toothbrush. And your camera. And your wallet. You'll be fine." 

 

Donghae clicked his tongue at that. He checks once more to see if all his things are really there before he finally let go of his backpack and placed it at the second row of the car. 

 

"You talk as if we're merely going to the mall or the company. We're actually going to travel until Mokpo you . I can't forget my stuff." 

 

Hyukjae waves him off as he connects his phone to the speakers of Donghae's car. He sets his playlist on shuffle and faced Donghae, who was looking at him from the side. 

 

"Trust me Donghae, we're all set. I checked our things last night before I left your place. Don't worry about anything, just drive." 

 

Donghae finally presses the gas pedal and start driving towards their destination. He eyes his companion at the passenger seat and smiles at him."Mmm, sure. I always trust you anyway, Hyukjae."

 

Rolling his eyes, Hyukjae lets out a snort at that remark and shakes his head slowly. "Ah, Lee Donghae. What are you gonna do without me?"

 

"There's no Donghae without Hyukjae. You know that." 

 

Hyukjae eyes Donghae, whose eyes are focused on the road. He bites his lips trying to hide the small smile, but he couldn't. He faces the opposite side and looks through the window where he can still see a lot of buildings and establishments in Seoul. It's still a long ride to Mokpo. 

 

----- 

"Hyukjae? Wake up, let's eat at the rest stop. It will take a while before the next." 
 

Donghae chuckles at the image in front of him. Pouty Hyukjae who does not want to be bothered from his slumber. But he has to wake him up or else he would feel hungry for the next few hours of their journey.

"Come on Hyuk, I saw a nice stall selling warm noodles there. You'll like it I'm sure!" 
 

Blinking slowly from his slumber, Hyukjae feels Donghae's hands on his face lightly tapping his cheek. He closes his eyes again and pouts while letting out whining noises. Donghae sighs. He has to force him to go out of the car at this rate.

 

"Stop being a baby. I will drag you." He warns. Hyukjae doesn't budge.

 

"Don't say I didn't warn you!" Donghae open the door of the passenger seat and began to scoop Hyukjae into his arms. He is know carrying a wide-eyed Hyukjae, bridal style. Donghae laughed at his face while Hyukjae started squirming from his hold.

 

"What the hell, Donghae put me down!" He slapped Donghae's arms and the laughing man gave up trying to carry him towards the noodle stall. Hyukjae huffed in annoyance. This guy really won't let him live peacefully.

 

"You should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter