Backwoods [WheeSa] verse 2

Immortal Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jinnie! I knew I'd found you here."

Hyejin looked up from picking up a flower on the ground as she heard my loud approaching steps. The breaking and crunching of twigs and branches were kind of hard to miss in this quiet, peaceful afternoon where the only thing you can hear is the chirping of birds.

"Were you looking for me?"

"Um!" I nodded excitedly. She smiled and picked up the flower basket as she stood up.

"Come, I'll show you something." she offered her hand and I looked at it just a fraction of second before taking it. I can feel her excitement as she pratically dragged me around, humming a familliar melody along the way.

"Slow down, Jinnie. You'll trip." 

"I'm watching my steps. We're almost there." she gripped my hand tighter while surpressing an excited giggle. It made me excited despite myself.

We ducked under a low hanging branch of tree and was greeted with a refreshing breeze of air as we entered a small clearing. I gasped at the beautiful sight of different flowers lined up to make a way into what looked like a makeshift altar, also made with entangled vines and flowers. The scent of the flowers were overwhelming, it felt like the summer suddenly turned into spring. It took me a whole minute just admiring the view before I could find my voice to speak again.

"Did you make this?" I asked, my voice full of awe. She squeezed my hand tighter as she smiled and answered.

"Yes. It's beautiful, isn't it?" I was still speechless at the sight of it, I only managed a nod as an answer. Hyejin wrapped her arms around me and started to walk towards the clearing. I followed her lead and we slowly walked until we reached the altar. As we turn to face each other, I couldn't help but notice that her hands started shaking. I took it gently in my hands and wrapped our fingers together. This brought a smile on her face that reflected in mine. She took a deep breath before finally speaking, as if she rehearsed for this part many times.

"The road we walked together.. the sound of the wind blowing my hair, with your head in my arm.." her voice was also shaking so she paused to clear and get rid of her nerves. Meanwhile my own heart was beating so fast I worried that it might jump out of my chest.

"The night sky that we took time counting stars.. being with you alone shines brightly enough.." she finally looked up and met my eyes. All my train of thought vanished, and all I could think of was how beautiful she was at that moment.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter