Chapter 2

Love and Hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Is this really necessary?" Moonbyul opened the trunk of the car and looked at their baggages with an exasperated look on her face. The day that they both dreaded has finally come: they are moving in together.

"Let's just get this done. Move." Yongsun, who shared the same sentiments, heaved a dramatic sigh and playfully shoved Moonbyul out of the way to grab her bags. 

"Ya!" Moonbyul exclaimed. Yongsun pretended not to hear her and just went on her way carrying bags in both her hands.

"Pali pali Byulyi-ah. I want to rest." 

Moonbyul quickly grabbed hers and slammed the trunk door shut. She jogged to catch up with Yongsun who is already on her way across the parking lot, intentionally leaving Moonbyul behind.

"Don't you think the company should atleast hire men to handle the moving? It's their idea afterall." Moonbyul said as she catch her breath half running after her. Yongsun dont know where Moonbyul got her energy to be still talkative after their long tiring day. Their promotions just ended and literally the next day they have to box up all their belongings so they could move in before the group preparations commenced for the tv singing competition they were invited to. Instead of having a breather, their limited break has to be spent in moving in to their new apartment. Now that she think about it, she actually agreed with what Moonbyul just said, not that she'd admit it out loud though.

"I don't know where you get your energy to whine. It's annoying. Just save your energy and give me some peace." 

"We haven't even reach the door yet and you're already mean, unnie. Have you already forgotten your promise?" Yongsun once again pretended not to hear her when Moonbyul called her out. She suddenly felt guilty. She wouldn't normally say mean things like that to anyone, but there's just something about Moonbyul that erases her filters. She could be her true self around her, speak her thoughts more freely without even thinking twice, and that may be the reason why they argue all the time. Moonbyul felt exactly the same.

Yongsun knew she crossed the line, but she and Moonbyul are both too immature still to say the word "sorry", and so their conflicts went on longer than necessary. Yongsun instead flashed the fakest smile she could ever muster and turned to face Moonbyul, who couldn't help but make a weird face seeing how ridiculous Yongsun looked while fake smiling.

"Just take that as a compliment kekeke" the taps on her shoulder plus the obvious fake laugh is the closest to a sorry that Moonbyul is gonna get. It was so ridiculous that they both cracked up and laughed for real. She somehow knew that that is Yongsun's way of taking it back, even if she didn't directly express it. It made Moonbyul think that Yongsun is really trying this time because she would normally retort back with another mean thing, but she didn't. It's a progress and no matter how little that may seem, it still made a smile broke out of Moonbyul's face as she enthuasiatically answered "Nee!"


------------


"Waa! Is that the last of it? I'm so tired." Yongsun collapsed on the couch as soon as she put the last of her boxes aside in the corner of the room. Moonbyul followed suit and collapsed beside her, making the already small couch more cramped. It was intended to annoy Yongsun, but it surprisingly felt comfortable. The fatigue suddenly started kicking in that it made playfully cuddling Yongsun felt heavenly. Now Moonbyul doesn't wanna get up, which of course annoyed Yongsun even more.

"Ya! You're being too close! Have you ever heard of personal space?" Yongsun tried to push her away but she have no energy left herself, making it more like a weak shove than a push.

"That coming from you? You hugged me on the first day we met." Moonbyul answered with her eyes closed, too tired to even open properly to speak. Their position just felt too comfortable. She was practically half asleep already.

"What are you talking about?"

"The day we first met, the manager asked us to pose for a photo and you hugged me like we were close. Don't you remember?" Yongsun's eyes shot upwards as she try to recall the moment she was talking about. She tend to have difficulties remembering small moments like the one Moonbyul just mentioned. No matter how hard she think, the only thing she could remember on their first meeting was how she immediately think she didn't like Moonbyul, aside from how strikingly beautif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter