Not chapter dos

Group of friends that (don’t) talk.

IMPORTANT: This is not the second chapter. This is the first draft I felt like posting.

 

 

  1. MiSana: Out of all their friends, Mina and Sana… were at a birthday party, Jeongyeon’s I guess, and everyone was tired and sleep deprived and because of the show on tv, Mina confessed she had felt strong attraction and attachment to other girls.

Though she immediately regretted the slip of the tongue, Sana, looking even more surprised than Mina, said she felt the same. They kept each other’s secrets and often even comforted each other discreetly and in private moments; after a long while, Mina wondered if maybe, since they had been rejected, sometimes gently and others cruelly, many times, if they could try and be more than emotional support systems for each other.

Sana didn’t know; she hadn’t ever considered Mina in that regard, and Mina admitted it’d never occurred to her before either.

They decided there was no harm in trying; they could stop things if it got uncomfortable. (Neither of them considered that it was possible one of them could feel differently than the other.)

It was awkward, really awkward, and they ended up just talking as usual, except Sana leaned a little closer than usual and Mina recognized the subtle yet clear flirting a step above her usual.

After lunch (it was the weekend and they met at a cafe) Mina hesitantly admitted that she still wasn’t sure, and Sana paused before shyly admitting that she was functioning fully out of habit.

The older girl’s guiltily impish facial expression made Mina chuckle softly and she then quietly spoke her thoughts.

“Well, we can definitively decide whether or not this could work if we kiss.”

Mina saw Sana visibly perk up as her eyes sparkled at the proposition; Mina didn’t really understand why Sana was so obsessed with kissing, but she found the child like excitement mildly eneadering… and also briefly recalled Chaeyoung making a similar face in the past.

“So… like now?” Sana asked with mostly disguised anxiousness.

“Uh,” Mina looked around them and saw that there weren’t many people in the cafe, and of them the other customers and workers seemed preoccupied, “Sure.”

“Okay,” Sana leaned over the table and brought her face a little past the center.

“Okay,” Mina repeated under her breath as she mirrored the position.

They paused to look each other in the eye before their gazes both trailed down the other’s face.

Mina could feel Sana’s breath lightly fanning over her lips and her eyes snapped back up to hold Sana’s stare.

Mina wasn’t sure if she was afraid or excited about what was about to happen, but she did notice her heart was picking up speed. She also noticed she kind of liked the smell of Sana’s perfume, which was strange since she’d never noted it but been aware of the light floral scent that followed the older girl.

Their lips touched slowly as they both slightly turned their heads.

Mina closed her lips first and as she opened them again to readjust, she noticed that Sana’s lip gloss was thick but more slick than sticky; to have better traction, Mina closed her lips tighter this time and she heard Sana sigh softly.

Mina pulled back nervously and tried to gauge the older girl’s reaction.

Sana’s mouth was still open and her eyes were slightly wider than normal as they looked a bit dazed, “I think there’s going to be a problem if you don’t want to do that again.”

Mina chuckled softly as she raised a hand over , and Sana gave her a small smile before pouting, “Wait, please tell me it wasn’t just me.”

“I-.. I may want to try again.” Mina said quietly as she raised her eyes from the table to look at the girl across from her.

Sana’s eyes narrowed as she grumbled softly, “Is that you being nice?”

“I would tell you if I didn’t want to,” Mina said as she moved her other hand to lay over Sana’s on the table, “I never bother lying to you.”

“That sounded rude, but that was actually so sweet.” Sana made an appreciative face at Mina and the younger girl smiled her gummy smile warmly in return.

“Psst,”

The two startled and Sana pulled her hand back instinctively as they turned to look at the waiter overlooking the border beside their table.

“Oh, sorry!” The unknown woman whispered, “I didn’t mean to scare you, I just wanted to say you two are super cute!”

“Uh,” Sana smiled, looking towards Mina with pleasant surprise.

“Thank you.” Mina said quietly with a shocked expression.

The woman gave them two thumbs up before walking away, and Sana and Mina chuckled brightly to relieve the awkward tension.

Sana bit her lip as she moved her hand back on to the table top and put it over Mina’s.

Mina flipped her hand over Sana and Mina both hesitantly moved to interlace their fingers, smiling shyly at each other after.

They decided to order drinks and stayed there with their hands intertwined for a good half an hour or more.

Going to school and hanging out with their friends wasn’t as strange as Mina had expected it to be.

Obviously the most they could do most of the time was hold hands or hug without it being suspicious, but when reflecting on why this came so naturally; Mina realized that she and Sana had often made time to isolate themselves to talk about gay things in the past, now they were just also doing gay things.

The thought made a smile pull at Mina’s lips and Sana raised an eyebrow subtly at her, to which Mina winked as a response.

Sana raised her eyebrows and chuckled softly as she lightly shook her head while turning to look back in front of them.

Later when they were alone in the deserted hallways 20 minutes or more since the last bell rang, Sana easily slipped her hand in with Mina’s as they began their ritual of private time together.

“I think you’re becoming more like me,” Sana comments as she looks towards Mina with a small smile.

Mina’s eyebrows furrow slightly, “Why?”

Sana laughed quietly, “You winked! I don’t think I’ve ever seen you wink before.”

“Oh… I have, it just doesn’t usually feel… quite as natural.”

Sana smiled at her again, “Does this mean I can turn you into a flirt?”

“I… I don’t think I could necessarily be a flirt, but I can flirt.” Mina said, already expecting a challenge from the older girl.

“Really?” Sana quirked an eyebrow as a smirk tugged at her lips.

“Yeah,” Mina says quietly as she lightly pulls for them to stop walking.

Mina could see Sana’s lips beginning to speak the words ‘Prove it’, but she pinned the older girl against the wall before she got any words out.

Sana’s mouth fell open slightly as she looked down at their close proximity.

“I never said I was good at it though,” Mina gave a smile that radiated nonchalance, but Sana could see the dark flicker in her eyes.

“Seem pretty good to me,” Sana says as she raises her arms to wrap around the back of the younger girl’s neck, and then whispers suggestively,  “But maybe I can give you some more practice.”

Mina’s eyebrows suddenly furrow, “That’s true, you used to be more flirty before.”

Sana had been leaning in to kiss the younger girl, but paused as she looked down and smiled shyly at Mina when she looked up again.

“I know you don’t really like it.” She said softly.

Mina tilted her head slightly, “I like it sometimes.”

“Yeah, but… I can never hold back when I start so… I figured it was better just to keep it in.”

Mina raised a hand to gently caress the side of Sana’s face, “It’s not really healthy to keep things in in a relationship.”

Sana smiled at Mina before leaning in to kiss her lightly.

She pulled back less than an inch and whispered, “So should we both be honest to ourselves?”

Mina chuckled softly as she kept her eyes closed, “Yes, we lasted this long being careful of each other.”

There was a long pause before Sana spoke again, “Should we be honest to others then?”

Mina opened her eyes and moved back a bit to look at the older girl better.

“You want to come out?”

“No- Well, just… to our friends.” Sana said nervously and looked down towards their side.

Mina stared at the older girl for a few moments while considering, “Are you willing to risk… everything for this?”

“I- I just… I want to stop making up excuses… Momo and Jihyo think I don’t like hanging out with them anymore because I keep ditching sleepovers.”

“What if they don’t want to hang out with us anymore after we tell them?” Mina asks seriously.

“I don’t know. That’s why I asked you.”

Mina looked down as she seriously considered the idea.

“I don’t think I could handle losing our friends.”

“Me neither…” Sana said softly, pulling back her hands to hold Mina’s chin to raise it and have the younger girl look back at her, “But do you think they’d really reject us?”

“No,” Mina pouts subtly, “But I’ve been wrong before.”

Sana smirked faintly as she leaned her head closer.

“Me too.”

Mina closed her eyes as their foreheads touched. 

“Are we really going to do this?”

“I think if we don’t, we’ll regret it, and there’s a chance if we do… we won’t regret it.”

“Maybe we could make it the rest of our lives just keeping this private.” Mina said as she unconsciously wrapped her arms around Sana’s waist and pulled her closer.

“Maybe,” Sana moved her head to rest beside Mina’s as she wrapped her arms around Mina’s back.

They stayed like that until the sun was nearing sun down and Sana sighed as she pulled back.

“I wanna do this,” Sana says as she holds Mina’s hands.

Mina looked down to their side, “... I suppose it’s been a little overdue.”

Sana chuckled softly and Mina smiled contently as they began walking down the hall again, hand in hand.

 

Easier said than done, 100% hell yes; Sana and Mina had tried to open the conversation repeatedly over the last 4 days and got nowhere because their friends seem to have nonexistent attention spans. Yes, they could’ve been more direct and told them straight on, but there were two problems:

  1. The whole group was always in public places or at someone’s house, which was awkward and not ideal. It was preferred if Nayeon’s little brother didn’t learn of it, since he was very vocal about his crush on Sana and neither wanted to deal with that commotion when coming out to their friends for the first time. Nosy family members were their biggest concern in that area.

  2. They had both been burned in the past and weren’t completely sure if they could do this. Sana seemed resolved, but Mina’s memories of her parents' reaction were still very vivid and she wasn’t ready to hear any words like those again.

There had been a chance, a very close one, but before Sana could say it, Mina reached and grabbed her wrist.

Sana paused when she saw the frightened look in Mina’s eyes and then brushed their friends off with a bright smile.

As they left the cafeteria Sana told Momo and Jihyo (the two she usually walked beside) that she would talk to Mina.

They knew their friends could see them so they kept their voices quiet.

“Do you not want to?” Sana asks understandingly as her hands lightly lingers against Mina’s forearm that she pulled for them to talk off to the side.

“It- it’d be so easy, but it happens so fast.” Mina spoke quickly and Sana wiped a tear that escaped her eyes.

“We don’t have to,” Sana says softly as her hand lingers beside Mina’s face.

Mina sees their friends all standing in the middle of the hall watching them from a distance and they all quickly turn away and leave, for the most part.

Mina sees that Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, and Jihyo are all still lingering nearby, occasionally glancing at them.

“I just- I can’t- I can’t hear.. Any of it… again,” Mina says quietly and somehow she turns her head to see Sana has more tears in her eyes than her and the older girl pulls her close in a hug without hesitation.

“It doesn’t matter what they say, it changes nothing about you.” Sana says softly by her ear and Mina feels more tears pricking at her eyes as she looks down at the ground behind Sana and pulls the older girl closer.

Mina leans her head down and buries her head in Sana’s uniform sweater as she turns to look away from their friends completely and hide her tears as she begins to lose control of herself.

Sana looks to their side and nods subtly in response to Jeongyeon and Jihyo waving goodbye.

Momo nods her head in return while Nayeon raises an eyebrow as she looks Mina and Sana over once. Nayeon does things like that, Sana knows she’s slightly suspicious of them, but she’s pretty sure Nayeon doesn’t think they’re dating. Nayeon’s eyes meet hers and the older girl gives her a small wave before turning away.

Sana and Mina are late to class, Sana more so because she insisted on walking Mina to class, and both apologize to the teachers and only Sana gets a detention slip.

They see all their friends again as they gather before parting ways to go home or to someone’s house.

It’s usually only Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo’s house that they go to, but since all three girls were busy the group simply parted ways.

Mina was confused when Sana left without her, and Sana was confused when Mina didn’t follow her.

Sana turned around with furrowed eyebrows and Mina glided over quickly looking for an explanation.

“You didn’t get detention?” Sana asks confusedly.

“No… did you?” Mina’s eyebrows raise.

“Yeah,” Sana’s eyes narrow, “How didn’t you?”

Mina shrugged, “The teacher just told me to take a seat.”

Sana tsked softly, “And now I have to go to detention alone because they had to be cool.”

“I could probably come with you.” Mina says simply.

“But you didn’t get detention?” Sana says confusedly.

Mina shrugged, “Do you think they bother trying to keep students out?”

“Maybe,” Sana’s lips pouted unconsciously.

“I could get detention if they try to keep me out.” Mina says plainly as she begins walking towards the old cafeteria where detention is held.

“That sounds like a bit of an ominous threat from you.” Sana says light heartedly as she turns after her and does a hop closer to interlace their fingers.

Mina smiles at her in her vaguely innocent yet devilish way, “It was, wasn’t it?”

The gym coach in charge of detention raises an eyebrow at Mina, and Sana is a bit offended that he didn’t even bother to ask to see her slip.

“Slip?” He says tiredly as he scratches at his stubble.

“I lost it.” Mina says with an untelling face.

The man chuckles softly and glances at the cafeteria interior before looking back at Mina outside the door, “Alright then,”

Mina sits down 2 seats away from Sana (as per the rules) and Sana unconsciously nibbles at her lip as something bothers her.

“What is it?” Mina asks softly as she leans towards her.

“Huh?” Sana turns to look towards Mina, surprised.

“Oh,” She looks down and back up before speaking again, “Do I look like a bad student?”

“Um.” Mina slowly lets close and Sana huffs before whining softly.

“But my uniform is clean and I’m not even breaking dress code.” The older girl mutters as she looks down at her clothes.

“Your hair is dyed.” Mina says quietly.

“That’s like- that’s not even-... Does it make me look mean?”

Mina shrugs as she leans her chin against one of her fists as her arm pushes it up while resting on the desk in front of her, “I never thought about it… it makes you look kind of soft in a fantasy kind of way.”

Mina has a small smug smile seeing that she chose the right words as Sana grins happily at her before unpacking her school books.

“Alright jackasses and screw ups!” The big man from beside the door says as it slams behind him.

“You’re all here for a reason, don’t die, don’t kill anyone, don’t talk and stay quiet. I got stuck with this job and we’re all gonna have to deal, so not a word and we can all just leave in an hour.”

Someone sitting a few rows up raised their hand and Mina wouldn’t have cared if she didn’t recognize the voice.

“Are we allowed to use our phones?”

The man sighed tiredly as he pulled out a bin.

“Thanks for reminding me, everyone put your phones in the bucket.”

The rest of the kids grumbled and the girl who asked the question turned away from all the glares she received.

Mina looked towards Sana and saw her whispers, “Is that…?” to her, which meant she wasn’t the only one.

On her way back, she saw Chaeyoung’s eyes widened when she saw Mina, but quickly looked away and pretended she didn’t see her.

Mina could see Sana whispering something to Chaeyoung out of the corner of her eyes before she sat down in her desk.

“Miss Minatozaki or whatever, do you have something to say?” The teacher asked tiredly.

“No,” Sana gave a bright smile as she sat down in her desk and the teacher just huffed before letting it go.

“Everyone just be quiet and we can go home.” The man said before sitting down at the chair behind the desk that had been moved into the room just for the detention monitor to use.

It had been quiet, but after about 20 minutes a wadded up slip of paper landed on Mina’s desk.

She looked towards Sana and saw her girlfriend smiling to herself, which made Mina smile as she unfolded the paper.

‘Chaeng and Dahyun pranked the bio teacher and Chaengie got caught. Wanna go to that smoothie place this weekend?’

Mina raised an eyebrow as she looked back at Sana, and the latter just smiled at her in a purposefully cute way.

The teacher slammed his coffee mug on the desk, and Mina thought it was too coincidental that he was also staring right at them.

Mina wrote on the back ‘Can we go see a movie too?’.

Mina waited a while before throwing it back and briefly glanced to her side to see Sana rolling her eyes at her response.

Sana didn’t throw it back, and Mina knew it was because the teacher was watching them with very pointed eyes.

Surprisingly, except for one kid that made a scene when the teacher took his cigarette, the hour went by quickly and smoothly.

That may have been because Sana had fallen asleep and Mina spent most of the time watching her, but who knows?

Mina gathered her stuff and Chaeyoung came skipping to her side as she was about to wake Sana.

“Unnie fell asleep already?” Chaeyoung said with mild awe.

Mina laughed softly.

“She hasn’t been sleeping well recently.”

Chaeyoung nodded her head, and watched as Mina kneeled down beside Sana’s desk.

Mina was mindful of Chaeyoung’s presence and realized it may have been better to not kneel down, but she still reminded herself to wake Sana up quickly.

“Sana.. unnie, wake up.” She said quietly as she shook her.

Chaeyoung was surprised that Mina was able to wake her up with how gentle she was being, but Mina was usually effective at things despite her passive demeanor.

Sana yawned after she sat up slowly with a dazed look in her eyes.

She looked at Mina and said softly, “Minari? Is this a dream?”

Chaeyoung couldn’t understand what Sana had said in Japanese, but she knew it made Mina laugh.

“No, detention is over, it’s time to go.”

Mina picked up Sana’s bag and held her hand as they walked out of the classroom with Chaeyoung walking beside them.

Sana faltered a bit and Mina laughed again as she guided her out of the classroom as the older girl was still amidst waking up.

“Sana unnie, you should rest more.” Chaeyoung commented as they left.

“I know, but I-.. I can’t sleep.” Sana took her bag from Mina and rubbed at one of her eyes after slinging it over one of her shoulders.

There was a moment of silence as they walked, and then:

“Hey, do you unnies want to come to the arcade with me?” Chaeyoung said excitedly as she turned around to face them.

Sana looked towards Mina and Mina looked between the two, back and forth rapidly.

“U-um, sure, I guess.” She said in a wavering tone.

Chaeyoung beamed and then said excitedly, “Cool! I found this one over by the river docks that I wanted to go to!”

Mina laughed nervously as they followed after the younger girl, and Sana giggled genuinely at Mina’s uncertainty as they still walked with their hands interlaced.

If they hadn’t come with Chaeyoung, they probably would’ve just walked around and avoided their houses as long as possible anyway, but Mina wasn’t sure she liked this alternative.

Sana, however, seemed to be enjoying it, especially messing around with Mina when she would get too lost in thought.

Mina could almost forget Sana was older than her, and her girlfriend, when she played around with Chaeyoung like they were still little kids.

“Minari!” She said excitedly as she showed her the little stuffed animal she got.

“What is it?” Mina asked with furrowed eyebrows as it got set into her hands.

“I think it’s a duck.” Chaeyoung said with a popsicle in her hand as she sat down on the other side of Mina, that Sana hadn’t sat on.

“Oh…”

Sana pouted.

“Sorry Mina, they didn’t have any penguins.”

Mina looked to her and smiled.

“It’s alright, thank you unnie.”

Sana smiled back, and Chaeyoung liked her popsicle as she watched them closely.

As they were leaving the arcade Chaeyoung decided to say something.

“Unnies, are you dating?”

Sana jumped and unconsciously tore her hand away from Mina’s instantly after the question was asked, but Mina kept a calm composure as she turned towards the younger girl.

She stared at Chaeyoung for a moment before looking back at Sana, who was very obviously panicking despite her best efforts to hide it.

Mina sighed as she turned back to Chaeyoung and took Sana’s hand in her own.

“Yes, we are.”

Sana was more surprised than Chaeyoung, who kept a blank face as she simply nodded her head.

Then the younger girl smiled at them.

“You’re cute together unnies.” She said genuinely.

Both older girls were shocked by the reaction.

“Thank you,” Mina whispered under her breath while Sana gaped.

Mina turned behind her when she heard Sana sniffle.

Within a second Sana had her arms wrapped around Chaeyoung and Mina laughed softly as they pulled her to join in the hug.

“Unnies, does anyone else know?” Chaeyoung asked as she pulled back from the hug, although Sana was holding onto her.

“No,” Mina said softly as she looked down.

“Okay,” Chaeyoung nodded her head as Sana relented her hold finally, “I don’t think the others will mind it either if you were to tell them too.”

Sana looked towards Mina, who still was looking at the ground, and wrapped behind her waist before saying, “It’s uncertain though, so we don’t want to risk it.”

Mina looked back up at Sana, who gave her a reassuring smile, and Mina put her hand over Sana’s.

Chaeyoung was looking at their position intriguedly.

“How did I not notice before?” Chaeyoung said in a whisper, seemingly a question to herself.

Sana and Mina laughed softly and Chaeyoung blinked and came back to the present.

“Well, I’m going this way unnies.” She said with a smile, pointing behind her.

“Oh, Minari’s house is the other way.” Sana said in response.

“Well goodbye then, have a good night unnies!” Chaeyoung said energetically with a wave and small bow before running off.

Mina turned to face Sana, with the latter’s arm still around her waist.

“Your house is that way though,” She commented as she looked down at Sana’s lips.

Sana laughed softly before whispering as their faces got closer, “Just kiss me already.”

Sana usually walked Mina home, but they had to separate two blocks ahead of her house because Mina doesn’t want her parents to get suspicious of Sana.

“You know it’s okay if we don’t tell anyone,” Sana said softly as she let her fingers run over Mina’s palm.

Mina shivered slightly, but tried not to show it when she saw the knowing smirk pulling at Sana’s lips.

“I- I think we should.”

“Yeah?” Sana raised an eyebrow as Mina interlaced their fingers again.

“Yeah, next time we can, we should.” She said determinedly and Sana smiled at her warmly.

“See you tomorrow?” Sana said sadly with a small pout.

Mina shook her head lightly as she pulled Sana closer and kissed her lightly.

“See me in your dreams.” She whispered and smiled contently when she saw the shocked look in Sana’s eyes.

Sana pulled her back to kiss again, and smirked when Mina gasped slightly after she bit her lip.

Sana pulled back and pushed a strand of hair behind Mina’s ear before giving her one more quick kiss.

“I will,” She whispers and then squeezes Mina’s hand, “Sleep well.”

Mina smiles back at her and pecks her lips one more time before sending her off.

“Goodbye,” She says, trying not to show her sadness as Sana pulls away.

“Bye Mitang~” Sana says warmly and Mina smiles again.

She watches as Sana leaves and then continues to her own house.

Ever since she told her parents she was gay, her house has become unfamiliarly cold and isolated.

She supposed it had always been like this, but it had never felt so unwelcoming before.

Even as she passed by her mother in the kitchen, there were no words or looks of acknowledgement.

Quiet was everywhere, Mina could even hear one of the neighbor kids playing outside somewhere a ways away because her house was so silent.

Her parents didn’t like for her to do improper things, like play video games, so she could only really study or practice ballet at home. Her grades were very good because of this, but Mina would prefer it if her parents spent more time with her too. That was a dream she now wrote off as childish however, as it was clear they wanted as little to do with her as possible.

They had asked her why she would think that after she told them, and Mina hadn’t known what to say. It would’ve been how she knew it, but they didn’t care much. They stopped her from spending the night over at sleepovers with her friends, and she knew they didn’t like her being out of the house at all these days. She told them she had joined the student council though, and she would go down with that lie when it was inevitably revealed, however, for now she could still go out with Sana and their friends sometimes (and her parents were never home on weekends so they never knew she went out).

Mina’s parents had become distant with her because of the strain their loveless marriage put between them that seemed to only grow by the day, and Mina supposed that her confession only made it worse.

The next morning at breakfast, Mina had heated up a frozen breakfast bowl thing and eaten; her father came through the room at some point, but didn’t acknowledge her existence at all.

Mina was surprised to find Sana waiting for her where they had said goodbye yesterday.

Sana smiled at her and said she woke up earlier than usual, so she decided to walk to school with Mina.

Mina knew Sana would have to have purposefully woken up the half an hour or so earlier it would’ve taken for her to walk to Mina’s house from her own, but if anything the blatant lie made it seem more kind.

Sana took a step back to catch her balance when Mina kissed her enthusiastically.

Sana honestly enjoyed how forward her girlfriend was being, but the intensity caused her to worry a bit.

“Did something happen?” She asked softly as she still held her hands to the back of Mina’s head and neck, but pulled back slightly.

“No,” Mina answered, looking directly into Sana’s eyes.

“I just missed your warmth.” She said and Sana smiled again, although Mina noticed she might’ve been blushing a bit.

“Well I can make you warmer anytime,” Sana said softly and didn’t even have to move as Mina pressed their lips together.

Sana and Mina tried their best to not make it obvious they had made out heavily on the street on the way to school, but Mina was still trying to fix Sana’s hair when they arrived.

Somehow, they weren’t late, and made it to class on time, however, they missed talking with their friends in the cafeteria before school started like they usually would do.

Sana texted the group chat and they decided to omit the fact that they had been together.

They split in the hallway and finally let go of each other’s hands as they bid farewell, leaving to their own classes.

At lunch, Sana looked towards Mina with a determined look in her eyes, and Mina nodded her head in agreement: it was time.

However, they didn’t want to do it in the noisy, crowded cafeteria, so they tried to get their friends to go outside and find someone more secluded.

Chaeyoung almost choked on her food but stood up hurriedly.

“Yeah, let’s go! Sounds fun!” Her voice cracked as she picked up her stuff, but she was pulling the others out of their seats before anyone could question her.

When they found a place behind a tree near the football field, where they were pretty sure no one could hear them, Sana and Mina interlaced their hands as they braced themselves.

Chaeyoung’s eyes were sparkling and Sana tried (and failed) to keep a straight face because of it.

“We’re, uh-” Sana laughed and had to look away from Chaeyoung, “We’re dating.”

After saying it the humor disappeared and Sana carefully looked back towards their friends.

Everyone was kind of either just staring at them or looking at each other, and after a few moments Nayeon said, “Well I knew it.”

Sana just laughed again and Mina kind of hid behind her, feeling wary about the unresponsiveness of most of their friends.

“If anyone has a problem with it, say it now.” Jihyo said in an authoritative tone with her arms crossed.

No one said anything and Jihyo turned to face them.

“Then no one will treat them any differently?” She said in a stern tone as she raised an eyebrow.

No one would challenge Jihyo, probably even if they did disagree, but Sana and Mina appreciated it.

Tzuyu raised a hand while still wearing her usual poker face.

Jihyo looked back at Sana and Mina, who nodded their heads, before saying, “What’s your question Tzuyu?”

“How does it work between two girls?”

Mina’s cheeks pickened, and Sana’s eyes widened. Nayeon laughed and had to put a hand over as she turned away slightly.

“Um, well,” Sana laughed uncomfortably, “I don’t know, just by like feeling and touches, it feels right.”

Tzuyu just nodded her head simply and Jihyo looked around at everyone again.

“So everyone’s done here?” She asked with her authoritative tone again.

Jeongyeon raised her hand, and after being given permission to speak, smiled genuinely as she did so.

“How long have you been together?”

“Oh,” Mina said as she turned to look towards Sana.

She could see Sana trying to figure it out, and Mina counted softly under her breath.

“6 months?” She said, looking towards Sana who looked up as she tried to confirm with her memory.

“No, 6?” Sana said confusedly.

“Our first date was in September.” Mina said with furrowed eyebrows.

“Was it?” Sana tilted her head and Mina couldn’t help the soft laugh that escaped her.

“Do you guys not know?” Nayeon asked with a raised eyebrow, turning back to say “Ow” when Jeongyeon slapped her shoulder.

“Don’t be rude,” Jeongyeon muttered in a motherly tone, and Nayeon glared at her before sticking out her tongue.

“Well…” Sana started, looking to Mina before she continued.

“We came out to each other 2 years ago, so… it was part way through last semester…”

“Almost 6,” Mina said surely with a nod of her head.

“6 months.” Sana just went along with Mina’s answer.

“2 years?” Jihyo said surprisedly.

“Aha! I told you there was something up with them after Jeongyeon's 15th birthday party!” Nayeon said proudly while pointing at Jihyo.

Jihyo shushed her and pushed her hand away.

“So you two have been keeping this from us that long?” Jihyo asked in an unreadable tone, but they could see hurt in her eyes.

“Well, some people don’t really react well.” Sana said as she and Mina looked to their sides with downcast expressions.

Jihyo sighed softly.

“I’m sorry that you two didn’t feel comfortable telling us, but I’m glad you did.”

Sana and Mina looked up, surprised to see the warm smile Jihyo was giving them.

Sana and Mina then looked at each other and smiled. Their smiles only grew when they were suddenly brought into a group hug.

Mina looked to Momo at her side as the other girl spoke.

“Now I’m not the only one that’s not single.” She said with a bright smile and everyone laughed.

“Wait, how come only the Japanese exchange students get dates?” Dahyun asked with wide eyes.

Sana opened , but couldn’t say anything and the J-line all just looked to each other as they laughed again.

“That’s actually kind of weird.” Nayeon said from where she had moved behind Sana in the group hug.

“I think it has more to do with them as people than where they’re from.” Jeongyeon commented from beside Nayeon and Sana.

“But the foreign students do date more.” Chaeyoung commented and everyone looked towards her.

“Tzuyu, what does she mean?” Jihyo asked, turning back with a raised eyebrow.

Tzuyu indiscreetly stopped glaring at Chaeyoung, who smiled at her apologetically, and then tried to brush it off.

“Nothing,”

Jihyo narrowed her eyes and Tzuyu sighed.

“Do you really want to ruin Sana unnie and Mina unnie’s moment?” She said as she rolled her eyes from the back of Jihyo in the group hug.

Jihyo looked to the two who were intently staring at Tzuyu, and the youngest sighed harsher than before.

Everyone was still staring at her and she finally gave in.

“Fine, but this is like seriously a secret.”

The group hug dispersed as they all stood huddled to listen with eager head nods.

Tzuyu sighed again as she brought a hand to her temple.

“[idk] sunbae and I, we go out sometimes.”

“What do you mean ‘sometimes’?” Jihyo asks.

“I mean I’m not supposed to tell anyone and no one except Chaeyoung unnie even knows.” She says this as she looks pointedly at Nayeon, but the oldest acts indifferent to the gaze.

“How does Chaeyoung know?” Nayeon asks, looking at said girl.

Chaeyoung opens , but Tzuyu speaks first.

“She works at the movie theatre and I made her promise not to say anything.”

“Are we talking about [whoever] from the football team?” Sana asks with furrowed eyebrows.

“Dudes, that’s so random. Out of everyone.” Momo says as she hangs with her arms around Sana’s neck.

Tzuyu sighs, but as everyone continues looking at her she explains.

“It’s because we both volunteer at the pet shelter, we got close without anyone knowing and then we just kind of started dating, but like... not really.”

Jihyo raised an eyebrow and Tzuyu elaborated further.

“We both know we like other people, but we kind of like each other.”

Her friends nodded their heads, but she could tell they didn’t really follow.

Sana’s face was as bewildered as could be and Tzuyu sighed, regretting a lot of choices at that moment.

“Nice pull.” Jeongyeon said awkwardly as she patted Tzuyu’s shoulder.

Tzuyu awkwardly thanked her, and then the group dispersed in confusion.

“[person], that’s so random, right?” Momo asks as she walks with Sana, not paying much attention to Mina and Chaeyoung who are following by extension.

“I mean, I guess.” Jihyo says from her other side, and she then calls for the rest of their group to hurry up and follow.

Weird, it was weird.

Their friends knew now, also Tzuyu was kind of dating someone too.

It was strange that nothing changed, but the group settled into their routines without any problems, except Sana and Mina didn’t avoid constantly sitting together anymore.

Also Mina talked about what happened at home and how lonely it was.

Now her friends are looking out for her more, and life has honestly been pretty good.

Until somehow Sana’s dad found out that Mina was gay, and made her stop hanging out with their friends.

They still talked at school, but somehow the word got to Sana’s dad again.

(Someone at school must’ve been telling him, but they didn’t know who.)

Sana was afraid to talk to her friends, but by acting on her best behavior she managed to sneak a few times.

Sana texted Mina that she missed her a lot, but she needed to wipe her phone before her parents looked through it.

With the rest of their friends it was bearable, but Mina became a shell of a person without Sana around her anymore.

Anytime any of them saw Sana, she’d look at them like an abandoned puppy, but they all knew she’d run away if they tried to talk with her.

 

--------

So fun, huh?

Understand why I kind of abandoned it now?