Chapter uno I suppose

Group of friends that (don’t) talk.

Sana and Mina were just experimenting.

They were both finding boys progressively disappointing, and they knew the other shared their attraction to other girls as well.

Sana supposed you could say the first step, to them forging the arrangement they had now, was at Jeongyeon’s 17th birthday party.

Because without that night, they would have never gotten here.

It was raining outside, not hard enough to be frightening, but not weak enough to be considered light.

The sun was long down, and all their friends laid around the couch as a sappy romcom played on the TV.

No one, or so Mina had thought, was awake.

Mina was getting very annoyed by the cliche story, that was cute, but she just couldn’t handle seeing another heteroual relationship form only because a boy and a girl were attractive.

When she had tried to turn off the TV, she heard Sana whine and complain softly from the floor beside her.

“Yah, Minari~, it’s almost done…”

Mina’s hand hovered over the remote before she sighed and leaned back against the sofa.

The girl and the boy kissed in the end and Mina sighed tiredly as she pulled a throw pillow closer to her chest.

“You didn’t like it, Minari?” Sana asks quietly in a confused voice with a quiet sniff, as she had been crying after the movie.

Mina shook her head softly, “It was okay.”

Sana scooted closer to the couch, where Mina had sat at the farthest left end, and questioned sadly, “Why?”

Mina shrugged as she looked down at the pillow and fidgeted as she pulled at it’s decorative ends, “It was just a bit boring…”

“But… but it was so cute…” Sana said with a pout and Mina sighed again, although much quieter.

“What kind of movies do you like then, Mina?” Sana asked with more seriousness, appearing more mature.

Mina shrugged, “Romance is okay.”

“Aww~” Sana whined to complain with the answer.

“Why didn’t you like this one then?” Sana asked.

“It was boring.” Mina said as she pulled her knees closer to her chest as she still held the pillow between.

“What isn’t boring then?”

“Dunno,” Mina shrugged noncommittally again.

“Come on~ Minari, what would you think would be more interesting?”

“I don’t know!” Mina responded defensively, “Just like, anything. I didn’t like those two together, I think at least her best friend at the bookshop would have been better for her to date, honestly!”

Mina put a hand over after her outburst, and she hesitantly looked towards Sana.

Sana’s eyes sparkled slightly, and Mina’s fear was replaced with… she didn’t know what yet.

Because Mina was so quiet, even though she felt like she had been yelling (Sana says it was still almost a whisper), neither honestly think any of their friends heard them that night.

Because if they had, they certainly wouldn’t be letting them do such suspicious things without saying anything.

The two of them had spent the rest of the night confessing to things they were scared to with anyone else, and discovered mutual interests in certain non-mainstream TV shows and comics, as well as just girls in general.

From then on, at every chance they got they would talk about gay things.

Even on their phones, when they were with the rest of their friends, sometimes they would rant to one another.

It was still not widely accepted, and both girls admitted they doubted they would be accepted at home or by their friends.

That is why they cherished having a friend they could be completely honest with.

Even if it was just talking, it helped immensely to lift the weights off their chests of all they had been carrying all these years.

Every somewhat crush, and ungodly fantasy that entered their dreams; with each other they could actually talk about it.

And yes, sometimes Sana’s dreams made Mina blush, but she would never judge her for it. And Sana would never judge her.

That was the beauty of it.

But…

After a year of that, it became apparent that neither seemed very… satisfied, with the opposite .

In fact, it was starting to become a problem because both desperately wanted romance and possibly .

But it did not seem they would enjoy such things with boys and to try with other girls was to risk… everything.

Which is why it made sense for them to start leaning on each other. For relief.

They still dated boys, as almost all the girls did, but when it became too frustrating and unfulfilling… well, that’s when their arrangement came in.

Sometimes it was an emotional need, when they needed time to just talk and the two of them would go on “friend dates” that were very comforting and sometimes romantic.

Most of the time however, the needs they gave in to were that of the ual nature.

Sana had proposed the arrangement first, offering for them to simply try it and then plan from there.

They hadn’t been expecting kissing to feel so good (or touching in general).

It was almost unbelievable how… right, everything had felt in the stall of the cafe restroom where they had decided was their place to start.

Mina almost lost her sense of reason when Sana pushed her against the stall wall, but she managed to gather herself to stop them from doing something brash.

They started kissing more frequently, often still in bathroom stalls, and sometimes Mina would bring Sana to her house since her family wasn’t often home.

Sana was too scared to try anything at her house, but Mina's was where they had the most fun.

Mina hadn’t even thought much of it until after she had given Sana her first time.

Sana had already been deflowered, but she had seemed shocked to discover, a bit too late, that Mina was a .

Sana still felt like she had deeply wronged Mina, for taking Mina’s first, especially since she was another girl, but Mina reassured her that she was honestly glad it was at least with someone who cared about her.

It was a memory that may very well be permanently ingrained in Mina’s mind.

“Mi-Mina…” Sana had said in a small voice, worrying the younger as she pulled back a bit and chilly air bit at Mina’s exposed skin.

There was a small bit of blood in Sana’s hand and Mina, for the first time since they had met, saw Sana truly afraid.

Before Mina could say anything, the older began crying, and soon she was holding a sobbing Sana in her arms.

“I’m sorry, I’m so- so sorry,” Sana cried as she hugged Mina.

“For what?” Mina asked softly, still a bit confused.

“I- I didn’t realize, I’m so sorry, I- I took it, your first time- I- I’m so sorry!”

“Sorry?” Mina laughed softly as she pet the back of Sana’s head, “You don’t have to be sorry, I wanted this too-”

“I- But, I’m…” Sana pulled back and sniffed as her tears slowed a bit, “I was the older one. I’m supposed to… be like, responsible and stuff. N-not, deflowering my junior-”

“Hey.” Mina said in a soft but sure tone as she took one side of Sana’s face in her hand rather than both because her other hand was supporting her weight behind her, “I wanted this. I mean it. You did nothing wrong, you were amazing even.”

“R-really?” Sana asked meekly with another sniff.

“Yes,” Mina laughed and couldn’t help smiling brightly, which caused Sana to laugh a bit as well.

After they laughed loudly for a number of reasons for a few moments and fell over one another on the bed, Sana smirked impishly down at Mina.

“What?” Mina asked with a tiny frown.

“You thought I was amazing~” Sana taunted.

“Shut up,” Mina said, and lightly tried to push the older away.

Sana was still smiling brightly though (mostly because of the smile that betrayed her on Mina’s face).

The last “date” they had was at a cafe they were regulars at.

The usual pale winter green walls were comforting, in making them feel as if they were invisible, and they had even gone as far as to sit beside each other with their arms around one another as Sana practically cuddled against her.

“A tea for my lady~” Sana had said sarcastically, but at that moment for some reason, Mina was struck by how charming the older girl’s smile always was.

She hadn’t thought about it when she kissed the grin off her face, and certainly Sana hadn’t either because they nearly forgot where they were.

Sana had giggled embarrassedly when they pulled back.

Mina only then glanced around, noticing that by some saving grace none of the workers or few other customers were looking towards them at that moment.

Sana had grinned again before pecking Mina’s lips one more time quickly.

Sana had the wits to back off upon recognizing Mina’s warning face, but they still giggled about unimportant things for the rest of their time together.

They call that their last “date” because they usually refrain, out of fear of being recognized as the cafe has been growing more popular lately.

The next time they entered, they were struck by how full the tables were, and though they were still in love with the love, they kept a respectable distance at all times. (With a few exceptions here and there when they felt lucky.)

Sana and Mina, when they were alone, often held hands and laughed about whatever came up with each other. They held hands sometimes otherwise, but when they were alone, they let themselves sit even closer together and their hands to travel wherever they liked.

All their friends knew Sana was a bit of a ual person, but only Mina knew how truly lewd she could be. And possibly, it would shock their friends much more to know how different Mina could be when she felt desire.

They slipped their times in between classes and sometimes went farther than they meant to when they were carried away.

Sana and Mina ravaged each other as their faces met, and Mina didn’t even flinch when she was picked up and her back met the wall.

Her muffled whines and begs were like folds in time as she took control and brought Sana to her knees.

Sana was always much more sensitive, and addicted to than Mina.

Usually she was brought to her knees about 3 times for every one of Mina’s, but sometimes it was different.

Either way, Mina didn’t really mind because the desperate look Sana got in her eyes was certainly addictive in it’s own rights.

They even went as far as to during sleepovers at times.

It was usually quick, except a few exceptions, and they didn’t savor it in. They just couldn’t resist each other any longer.

It really was a thing of impatience.

Sana declared she wanted to go to the bathroom and Mina tagged behind.

Someone had forgotten to mention it to her, or Nayeon hadn’t been listening because she opened the door they had haphazardly forgotten to lock as Mina sat over Sana’s legs on the toilet.

She had frozen for a moment, before she ran off and started screaming.

They figured they were done for. They would be disowned and left alone on the streets.

For some reason, however, Nayeon somehow didn’t say anything to anyone.

She never really looked at either Mina or Sana again, but she kept their secret. Which was nothing short of a miracle considering it was Nayeon.

They began to get more careful again after that incident, and most of their private matters happened in bathroom stalls, again.

It wasn’t either of theirs’ favorite, but it was better than risking exposure and losing another (or all) of their friends.

These days, their dates were almost the same as when they hung out with friends, just minus 7 other girls.

That’s why Sana claims, she simply had a small lapse in judgement and had forgotten they were not alone.

They were at the cafe that Sana and Mina often went to on weekends (without their friends' knowledge) to have “friend dates”, and Mina believes that’s why Sana would have been able to do something so dangerous without realizing first.

It was ever so casual, like the most normal thing they could have done (because it was for them).

Sana first put her arm over Mina’s shoulder, who at first tried to push it off, but was distracted by the weekly desert special on the menu.

Then when Mina had asked Sana what she wanted, without hesitation the older responded, “You.”

Mina was about to warn her and had only then remembered the arm over her shoulder, but before she could Sana had already kissed her.

Mina froze and Sana was confused for a moment before she suddenly became petrified as well.

Something moved in the corner of Mina’s eye and she saw Chaeyoung, who was sitting across the table from her, sitting just as unmoving as her spoon had fallen out of her hand.

Chaeyoung’s ice cream was dripping from it’s parfait glass, and normally Chaeyoung would be upset about that, however, Mina couldn’t see the girl moving at all, whatsoever.

Looking back towards Sana, she found a similar picture as her eyes seemed to be looking at the others behind Mina before moving back to tell Mina with her eyes that everyone was in the same state.

The first person to move, perceptively at least, was Nayeon, who sighed extremely loudly as she leaned forward with her hands over her heart.

“Thank god it wasn’t me.” The oldest said in relief.

Everyone slowly started to come back to life, moving one limb slightly before their motions returned to that of normal.

“What wasn’t you?” Jihyo said with a sharp tone none of them had heard directed at them before, and everyone turned towards Nayeon, who was now the only one frozen once again.

“I…“ Nayeon’s mind seemed to come back to her once her fear faded, and she could only sigh again when she remembered what just happened, “I didn’t bust these two. No matter what anyone says, Im Nayeon can, 100%, keep a secret!”

Everyone stared at the oldest’s raised fist for a moment, before they turned towards Sana and Mina so quickly they were almost in sync.

Jeongyeon’s head snapped back to Nayeon, however.

“Wait, you knew?” Jeongyeon stared in disbelief, “For real?!”

“Yah, is it so hard to believe?” Nayeon said, a bit offended.

“Yes!!” Jeongyeon exclaimed as the table murmured agreements.

“I can’t believe you hadn’t told us unnie. You always spill everyone’s guts at-... wait, up until 3 months ago you always had a gossip circle at every sleepover…unnie?” Tzuyu started, but trailed off with a face of total shock.

Nayeon sat piously with pride, “Yes, I have been keeping their secret for 3 months.”

“Oh my god,” Momo said as she choked on ice cream that she had already begun to eat again.

“That’s insane, it was so obvious!” Dahyun said with a loud laugh.

“We were?” Mina responded, surprised.

“Oh, no. Not you unnies, I had no idea. But it was obvious Nayeon unnie was hiding something, we all just thought she was going to confess eventually that something traumatic happened to her, although, I guess she just did!” Dahyun said with a grin.

“Yah, three! I kept it for 3 whole months!” Nayeon said, gesturing the numerical amount on her fingers.

“And we’re all very impressed, unnie.” Chaeyoung said genuinely as she nodded her head.

Nayeon huffed slightly as she sat back in her chair (because Jeongyeon pulled her back), and then said in a voice of someone overexerted, “Better be. It was so hard.”

“We know.” Jeongyeon said sympathetically as she patted the oldest’s back.

“So how long have you been together?” Jihyo asks with her hands clasped together in front of her on the table.

Sana and Mina’s attention is taken back to their situation and Mina remembers that Sana’s arm is still over her shoulders, although at this point she finds it more comforting than anything else.

“Um…” Mina’s mind completely blanks, shutting down to protect itself as a final fail safe, but Sana for once is oddly together.

“9 months to two years, depending on your definition.” Sana says easily.

“That’s a pretty large range.” Dahyun says, oddly indifferent to learn her seniors are dating.

Sana shrugs and smirks lightly, “It’s a relationship with a large range.”

Mina raises a hand and slightly squeezes Sana’s arm, depending only on her instincts because her brain is still failing her.

Sana looks towards her when Chaeyoung says lightly (as her foremost interest seems to be in her ice cream), “Well, I think I’m fine either way. At least it finally makes sense why neither of you ever kept your boyfriends long.”

“Yeah, good job for both of you! Picked her well.” Jeongyeon said with a grin from across the table (because Nayeon hadn’t been able to sit anywhere closer to them before).

“I’m happy for you, unnies.” Tzuyu says with a smile, and Mina and Sana look towards each other in shock.

“Holy , that was easy.” Sana said, tears only then beginning to appear in her eyes.

“Yeah,” Mina said as her tears began falling.

“Aw, don’t cry!” Jeongyeon says as she stands up and starts to walk over, giving them a strong hug.

That only causes Sana to break as well and the group surrounds them as they begin sobbing.

“Did they say something wrong?” Momo asks worriedly as she looks down at Mina.

Mina shook her head as a smile showed itself brightly on her face then.

“I just- I never imagined this.” She laughed slightly and Sana began giggling behind her.

And soon, the whole table (who are now a group on the floor) was a laughing mess.

“I’m sorry you thought you couldn’t tell us.” Jihyo says warmly, yet sad, as she sits beside them with tears of laughter at her eyes.

Mina began shaking her head when Sana reached behind her and lightly punched Jihyo’s shoulder.

“It’s okay.” She responded jokingly and Jihyo laughed loudly in response.

Mina could only giggle and she felt struck by something very deep, a sense of freedom with her love as her eyes met Sana’s.

Their lips met and when they separated they found a scene of Nayeon screaming about, “The children!” while covering Chaeyoung’s eyes.

At the same time, Jeongyeon and Dahyun were calmly sipping soda and eating ice cream a few feet away, and the others only smiled warmly at them before Tzuyu asked if they’d like to join in the orea gambling card game at the table.

Sana seemed particularly excited about that prospect and Mina couldn’t help smiling as she was pulled along after their intertwined hands.

 

 

--------

 

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m considering writing a very angsty second chapter about post-high school and college life. Also, you know, the home life wasn’t addressed :D.

(So, so sorry btw about the numerous unfinished fics haha…)