Chapter 1/1

Last Moon






"Day one - Today, Mark and I arrived at the lodge in Nayoro, Japan.  It was already snowing when we first arrived at the airport an hour from here.  However, it has become dangerously fierce.  Mark hasn't been able to open the door to our cabin.  Who knows what happened to the other cabins.  We also don't have a signal here, we cannot contact any of our friends or family.  Fortunately, the power still remains and the water is still here.  I'm not sure what will happen, maybe the snow will melt and we can escape before the New Year.  I wanted to see fireworks with my best friend.  That's why we came here together.  To drink hot coco and watch the fireworks like my friend Seokmin in Seoul.  I hope that he's not watching them alone.  I'm glad I have Mark here, I don't think I could survive being alone for too long.

- Donghyuck"

 

"Day One.  Donghyuck and I decided to go on a little trip with our friends, Jaemin and Chenle.  However, we arrived a day early.  The weather forecast said it was going to snow, but it never told us that it would block our windows and doors.  Even the chimney has some snow falling!  However, I do believe that a rock somehow blocked it from having more snow fall.  Oh my, but Donghyuck was instantly panicking when the snow first hit us!  It's sad to watch such a strong friend turn so weak from a natural disaster.  I just hope that I have enough strength to take care of both of us.

- Mark"



"Day Two - I feel like Mark is ignoring me.  All he does is hum his replies or give a signal with his hand.  It's really aggravating me.  Anyway, he mentioned early this morning that we should collect water before the pipes freeze.  We have emptied out bottles of soda and cans of coffee in order to store some water.  As well as filling the tub up with water.  I learned from a class that I took, that flushing the toilet regularly and letting water run periodically will help keep the water flowing.  So hopefully we won't run out of water.  I'm pretty sure that I'm already going crazy.  I have not heard anything from the outside world other than banging from more snow.  I tried pushing the snow at the door, and more kept coming.  I don't know how thick the snow is, but it's concerning.  What if the snow collapses the house?  Oh, I don't want to think about it!  RESCUE US!!

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Two.  Ugh, where to begin?  Donghyuck has been seriously clingy lately.  I don't know if he's just panicking or if he's cold.  But he's talking so much, and it's honestly annoying yet cute at the same time.  I told him to start stocking water, and he taught me about how certain countries have to keep doing that throughout the winter - keeping the water flowing.  I just hope that this snow melts before spring.  Because we have a few months to wait, and only so much food to eat.  I knew Jaemin was nagging me for a reason.  I shouldn't have just packed cheetos and pocky sticks.

- Mark"


 

"Day Three - I'm starting to get a little headache.  This morning, I was fine.  However, as the day went on, I felt this pain in my head.  I don't know, maybe it's just me thinking about us being trapped in this cabin.  I didn't think it would affect me this much, but maybe it's like that.  I mean, I like Mark.  He's really great company and he's done so much to keep me calm.  I'm really thankful for him.  If it was just me, I think I would have gone completely crazy.  And I'm not even joking.  I think I need to take a nap, maybe that will make me feel better.  Help is on its way, right?  I hope so, anyway.

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Three.  Where to begin.. Donghyuck woke up with a pounding headache.  His face was a little flushed.  I think he might be getting a little cold from the temperature outside.  Thankfully the stove still works, I made him put his feet in warm water, so maybe that will help.  But I have a slight headache too.  I can see the panic in Donghyuck's eyes.  The only thing I can think to do is hug him. Because I'm feeling the same way, I'm ready for our rescue.  But having Donghyuck with me makes it all worth it.  He's my best friend, after all.  I'm glad, out of everyone I'm stuck with, it's him.  He's dramatic, but I love him.  I mean, love as in he's my bestie.  Yeah..

- Mark"


 

"Day Four - I'm getting so bored.. That's the entry.  I feel hot, I have a headache, and I'm bored.  I'll just go back to sleep..

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Four.  Donghyuck has been complaining when he said that he was going to take a nap.  He looks sicker than the day before.  Instead of giving him water out of the faucet, I boiled it.  Maybe it'll help him.  But so far, I feel okay from the water.  Perhaps Donghyuck is just getting paranoid.  It has been half a week, and I haven't heard any banging from snow recently.  But I know that we're still packed in here.  The electricity is still running, and so is the air flow.  That and the water are still working, so I'm pretty content.  I just hope Donghyuck can last a little longer.  I know we'll get rescued.. Soon..

- Mark"


 

"Day Five -  I'm giving up hope that we're getting help.  Especially from Jaemin and Chenle.  Like who leaves their friends in a pile of snow?  The nerve.  If we ever get out, I'm strangling them.. Or at least punching the wall next to them to look tough..

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Five.  Donghyuck was just sitting on the couch today with a distant glare.  I tried digging through some snow today.  I tried the front door and the backdoor.  I couldn't get any sunlight.  Donghyuck became uncomfortable with the temperature when the snow came in.  He's been sensitive to the snow lately.  I gave up on it and hugged him today.  I liked having him in my arms and being comfortable, it was great.  He's a great friend.

- Mark."


 

"Day Six - Lalala I think I'm going to go insane.  Oh, not because Mark has been hugging me since last night, but because I just want to leave.  I tell you, if Mark wasn't here, I would be insane.  I love Mark being here to comfort me.  I couldn't have asked for a better friend.  I love him.

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Six.  I feel like all I can do is hug Donghyuck.  I can't dig through the snow, but at least we have water and still some food.  I've been giving Donghyuck more of my food lately, just to make sure he stays healthy.  I couldn't watch his little, hungry pouts.  I haven't told him that we only have a few more days worth of food.  I just hope we get rescued.  And if not, I hope that the power and the water will stay on.

- Mark"


 

"Day Seven - I lost my sanity today.  The power shut itself off.  We still have water, and I've been hydrating myself all day to keep myself full.  I've noticed Mark's fingers getting thinner lately, his cheeks too.  I hope that he's doing okay through this, he never talks to me about how he's feeling.  He just keeps asking me.  Honestly.. I think I've fallen in love with him.. Maybe it's just me going crazy, but my heart beats for Mark differently lately. Thinking about it, he's just been so nice to me while growing up..  He knows me inside and out, maybe it was meant to be like this.  Oh but if that Jaemin is playing a prank to get us closer, I'm killing him!

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Seven.  Donghyuck is definitely getting affected from the power turning off.  It has gotten colder here, naturally.  I have to keep him warm, hydrated, and fed.  How could I be a good friend if I didn't make him comfortable?  I love seeing his smiles whenever I lean in to hug him.  He's so precious to me, and I know he thinks the same.  It's so easy to fall asleep next to him too..  My friend is seriously making my heart go crazy though.

- Mark"


 

"Day Eight - My head hurts so much.  I'm so cold too.  I couldn't tell Mark though, he's cold too.  I know he knows that I shook today.  I stuffed my face inside his chest numerous times today.  I loved the way he held me close and moved his hands up and down my back.  I loved the way our hearts were beating slowly together.  I think I have to tell him.. Maybe I can kiss him.  He's just so.. I love him.  I've made up my mind.  If I'm still here tomorrow, I'll tell him.

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Eight.  There's only so much I can do.  Donghyuck's been having headaches all day.  I'm starting to feel it too.  It's so cold too, but holding onto Donghyuck has really made me warm.  Maybe it's just my heart being warm though.  I honestly feel like I should just admit it to him - I love him.  I wanted to do it this past summer, but of course, my confidence always goes down whenever I talk to that sassy boy.  He just has so much character, and I'm bland and boring.  But maybe he can make an exception since we're trapped together..

- Mark"


 

"Day Nine - I told him.  I did it.  I did it!  He loved me too.  I loved hugging and kissing him all day.  It made me forget all about being cold and hungry.  It made me feel strong and independent, even though I was being carried by Mark.  He's just too sweet.. I mean, Canada.. Haha.. Oh I feel terrible though.  My stomach hurts...

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Nine.  I didn't expect Donghyuck to say he actually liked me back.  It was a dream come true, honestly.  Perhaps it's because we are stuck together.  At any rate, I'm glad that for the rest of the time we're here, we have each other in our hearts romantically too.  Rescue will come soon, I know it.  Donghyuck's heart for me is my renewed source of positivity.

- Mark"


 

"Day Ten - Mark said that we ran out of food the night prior.  He said he didn't want to tell me, but he had to.  I agree with him, I might go insane without food.  We were only having one meal a day.  Well at least I have him.  Maybe I'll just eat him.  Maybe his arm first..

- Donghyuck


 

"Day Ten.  I really didn't want to tell Donghyuck the news about how we were out of food.  I told him we were eating one meal a day, but he never saw me eating.  I always gave him my portion.  I'm just glad we still have water.  Once we run out of water, who knows what will happen.  Donghyuck is staring me down like a piece of meat though.  Which I can't lie, it's kinda y... Yep, I'm going crazy.

- Mark"


 

"Day Eleven - Any day now, rescue will come.  That's what we were hoping for ten days ago.  Ten days ago, I had my sanity.  Ten days ago I was scared.  Ten days ago, I still had a life to live.  But now, just looking at myself in the mirror gives me anxiety.  I'm surprised I look good enough for Mark to hug; good enough for him to kiss and cuddle.  Good enough to get farther and make us both warm and pleased.  Of course, my head is still hurting, and my stomach too..

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Eleven.  So much has happened.  It'll be two weeks soon.  My head has started pounding like Donghyucks did several days ago.  I don't know what it is.  Maybe I just need to get more sleep.  That's what it seems like we're doing lately.  Looking at each other and sleeping all day..

- Mark"


 

"Day Twelve - Oh my goodness.. I feel so drained today, I just don't know why.  I've stayed awake a bit longer today.  I read somewhere that it wasn't a good idea to sleep all day.  But I don't want to spend too much energy either.  This stupid snow.. This stupid cabin.. Stupid Jaemin..

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Twelve.  Donghyuck's back to his complaining self.  He has just been complaining so much about the snow.  I opened the door once more, and I still can't fight the snow.  Especially now, I'm much weaker than those days ago.  I think I'll just lay down instead of writing more..

- Mark"


 

"Day Thirteen - I'm seriously going to go insane.  The pipes froze up.  No water.  No Water.  NO WATER! How am I supposed to survive?  How?! How, how, how?!  I'm just going to curl up into a little ball, that's what I'll do.  Maybe I'll finally eat Mark soon.  I'm starving!  I can't handle this for too much longer!

- Donghyuck"


 

"Day Thirteen.  Donghyuck has already started panicking.  But what can I do?  I can't just switch the pipes back on.  And this water.. It tastes so disgusting.  But we have to drink it.  We have to.. I'm sure we'll be out of here in no time.  Please, anyone, please come soon.  We can't survive much longer..

- Mark"


 

"Day Fourteen - Tomorrow's the New Year, and we can't spend it with our friends.  How are Jaemin and Chenle spending it?  How is Seokmin?  Is he lonely without his dog?  I wish we just stayed over with him instead and ditched Jaemin and Chenle.. But what if they're experiencing the same thing?  I never even thought of that.. Whatever is happening with them, I hope that they're comfortable.  I love them, even if they forgot about us..

- Donghyuck."


 

"Day Fourteen.  We have been here for two weeks.  No more food, no more water, other than the tub of water that we saved.  But.. Ew.. It's fresh as of two days ago, but it's still.. I don't think I can go much longer.  At least I can be with Donghyuck in the New Year.  It's always what I wanted.. Just him and me forever.. Until death..

- Mark"


 

"Day Fifteen - The New Year came by and we brought it in together.  I'm happy I could spend the last hours and the first hours with Mark.  It was truly a dream come true.  But I'm in so much pain, I just hope...

{Letter was not completed}"


 

"Day Fifteen.  I love Donghyuck so, so much..

{Letter was not completed"}



Jisung looked up from Donghyuck's letter while Jeno looked up from Mark's letters.  "They were trapped here.."  Jeno said, looking around the cabin.

 

Jisung opened the bedroom door.  "Oh.."  His shoulders slumped.  "They're here.."  He said.

 

Jeno silently walked up behind Jisung.  He saw the couple's lifeless bodies together, stuck in each other's natural grasps.  Jisung furrowed his eyebrows and pouted his lips.  Jeno hugged the boy from behind. 

 

"They didn't know that Jaemin and Chenle's airplane crashed."  Jeno said.  "They didn't know there was a massive snow storm heading their way."  He continued.


 

Jisung looked down.  "They never had a clue what was coming.."  He muttered.  "At least they had each other until the end."  He said, taking his gloves off.

 

Jeno hummed.  "Unfortunately, but we solved this missing person's case."  He said.

 

"I just wish we didn't have to wait until the snow melted to know there was a cabin here."  Jisung commented.  "It's been three months."  He said.

 

Jeno nodded and walked out of the door to the cabin, letting the medical team come in.  "The snow was still falling, even for the past two weeks.  We had to wait."  He said.  "But thank you for helping me solve the case, Love."  He said, putting his arm around Jisung.

 

The younger blushed.  "Thank you."  He returned, kissing Jeno's cheek.

 

 

 

<3
Happy New Year everyone!