Chapter 2

Regrets and Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight was already peeking through her window glass when Wonyoung decided to get out of her dreamland. Slowly, she opened her eyes and began to travel her gaze corner to corner. She loves how the soft white light, the hues of the new morning engulfing her bedroom. This reminds her that another day has come and another day to endure. 

Staring at the ceiling, she chanted on her thoughts, the words left by her significant someone. She's been doing it every day, a hopeful yet painful reminder. A distant memory occupying almost her entire existence and a huge part of her heart. Words that were like engraved deep down and won't be erased even if she wanted to. But no, she'll never want that. Because those words kept her going despite seeing the loathsome side of being alive. That's why no matter how the world does her wrong, she'll always appreciate its beauty. 

 

"The world, is after all a place of unending terror but it doesn't mean some parts of it is not beautiful. In my eyes the world is blasting in full colors, but if you ask my favourite my answer would be sunset's symphony of mellow colors."

 

That's why she likes, no scratch that-- she loves sunset so much. A beautiful ending to end the day and another reason for her to keep going. Sunset became her hope for a new sunrise. That is why she despises it when it rains. 

 

For her, rain means tragedy, and it can't be helped that rain witnesses every major mishap of her life.

 

After what seemed like an eternity of staring contest between Wonyoung and the ceiling, she decided to get up from her bed and go down. She took the steps quietly and slowly and heard faint laughs coming from their living area. Curiously, she went down faster, and Wonyoung almost choked on her saliva when she saw Yujin sitting comfortably on their sofa while conversing with her sister. 

 

 It is still 7'oclock in the morning. She thought to herself.

 

She was confused as to why she was inside their house. As far as she can remember, they only talked once, so she doesn't consider her a friend even if she agreed to walk with her. The sight of Yujin inside their house irks her. She always hated it when a person was 2 steps ahead of her, especially if it involved getting inside her life. She's always been secluded, never wanting anyone to get closer to her. Luckily her friends were bred differently, they never gave up even Wonyoung kept building walls.

Still, despite giving doors for them to enter, she created a smaller space no one could enter. She hated attachment. For her, too much attachment means giving the other person the ability to break her. 

Her feet were planted on the spot. She's been staring at her sister and Yujin for too long, too shocked to even interrupt their conversation. But her sister notices her standing at the corner.

 

"Oh hey, Won, you're up! Why didn't you say something?"

Instead of answering her sister, she faced Yujin while looking at her with her infamous cold glare. It made Yujin gulp.

"What are you doing here inside my house?" asked Wonyoung, not paying attention to her sister. She wasn't shouting, but Yujin did not fail to notice annoyance in her tone.

 

"I- am- -" Despite being a stuttering mess, Yujin wasn't afraid, though. She never once thought Wonyoung was scary. But she thinks she has crossed the line. You only talk to her once, and your already acting like she's your close friend.

 

"Hey, don't be like that, baby sis. She's been waiting outside, so I let her in. She told me you'll walk to school together," Her sister interrupted Yujin. She could feel the tension behind Wonyoung's glare. She's too ecstatic to learn that her sister agreed to walk with someone and thinks that Yujin is already her friend. She's been dead worried about Wonyoung. She's aware of everything that's happening and knows her tendency of shutting potential friendships. It worried her that she had only made two friends in her entire life. That's why she let Yujin in. 

 

"Oh, it's okay, unnie. Wonyoung, I guess let's do it some other time," Yujin said while standing up getting ready to leave. Sadness was evident in her eyes. Yet she still smiled at Wonyoung.

 

She doesn't know why, but those smiles stabbed her heart. How can she still smile at me like that? Everyone who experienced Wonyoung's wrath gave her angry looks. They always bite back. Even her two friends before. She can tell it was genuine. If she's faking it, then she could audition and pursue acting.

 

Wonyoung may be known cold, but she's not that heartless. It didn't go unnoticed how Yujin's eyes screamed sadness despite the parabolic shape of her lips. She hated the way Yujin just barge in her house unannounce but how she acted towards her was also too much. Guilt was slowly creeping in, so she did something she never expected.

 

*sigh* "Have you eaten breakfast?"

"What?" 

"I said, have you eaten breakfast? You went here too early. I doubt you had one." 

"I have!"

"Don't lie." she said, "There's enough food for everyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter