Chapter 1

Regrets and Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A girl was awakened from her trance by the subtle rustles of wind. She sits on top of the bridge's guard rail while staring at the scenery before her for only God knows how long. It was alluring in her eyes. The setting pulls her in, like a soft voice calling for her soul to be one with it. Once again, she was lost in her own thoughts, black orbs fixed on the orange-tinted sea and sky. I can't help but admire this scene. It must be good to get lost while the sun is setting. 

Suddenly, she was once again awakened from her train of thoughts. Like an unannounced pull, getting by a random force away from her own created world. Someone just suddenly back hugs her, and what shocked her the most were the words that left the stranger's mouth. Wtf

 

"Hey, don't! Just don't! You're still young. A bright future is waiting for you! Don't jump, don't end your life. Y-you can talk to me, yeah, so please stop what you are---"

 

The girl cut off the stranger's rambling, even if she was too shocked to react. Being annoyed was also an understatement. Someone just assumed she's gonna commit suicide. Well, maybe she had thoughts. But still, being hugged by some random person irks her. But wait, her voice is familiar.

 

"What the are you talking about?! And let me go. You've got it all wrong!"

 

"I-I-I w-what?" Confusion and shock were written all over the stranger's face, and it transitioned to embarrassment. Oh my god, this is awkward. What the heck am I doing?

 

"Y-you're n-not you know gonna you know---"

 

"Yes, I'm not! And please, you haven't let go of me yet." 

The stranger somewhat pulled out harshly, causing the girl to almost lose her balance. 

 

"I, Omg! I'm sorry, I thought you were gonna jump. You've been staring out of nothingness. Like you know you're being pulled, and you seem like--" She was rambling again. While looking at her shoes like something was interesting about them, the girl had to stop her for the second time.

 

"Okay, I get. You got the wrong idea and just want to stop me from 'jumping', yet how ironic it is that you almost killed me by pulling your arms harshly.", said the girl while she was rolling her eyes and sarcasm was evident in her tone.

 

The girl had her eyes wide open from the remark. "Oh my God, I didn't mean to. I was, you know, embarrassed. ! I ALMOST KILLED YOU!"

 

"Yes", answered the girl while blankly staring at the stranger when she realized something. Wait, she's no stranger at all. That is why she sounds familiar.

 

"Wait. Aren't you that Ahn Yujin?"

 

"Woah, I can't bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter