Lucky One

EX'act

Unsurprisingly, Jongin and Sehun were thrilled for the wedding. They were directly involved with the planning unlike before, and although their parents were happy to see such a large development, it was a little suspicious.

“...just met and they were already fawning over each other!” Jongin had been passing by his father's office's, and he stopped by the closed door when he heard his mother's voice. It wasn't like her to go into his office, especially to talk. She said she couldn't stand how boring and depressing his bleak office looked, so she never entered.
“You're overthinking it. Maybe he was automatically attracted to Sehun. You have to admit he's easy on the eye,” His father said.
“Well, yes, but-”
“Don't ruin this for them. Don't ruin this for 𝑢𝑠. He's been resisting us ever since we told him about the marriage, and now that he's more eager to get it done than ever, it's still a problem? Just leave the boy be. Give him whatever he wants, no matter what the price. The sooner this marriage happens, the sooner our profits will go up,” His father continued, and Jongin was sure that was the end of the conversation. It was very rare for her to continue arguing or pushing her point when Mr. Kim was so adamant about things moving forward.

It was near dinner time when Jongin approached his parents again.

“May I go see Sehun? I found some colors we could use together for the wedding, and I want to know his thoughts on it,” He grinned as widely as he could to convince them, and it wasn't much of a chore considering how happy he really was.
“Yes. But don't get home too late. I'll call the Ohs and tell them you're on the way so they can prepare for you,” Mr. Kim said, and his wife pressed her lips together, unable to fight back her questions.
“Honey, you don't know Sehun, right? Why don't you take it easy instead of coming off so strong?” She was worried her son was getting too excited for a loveless marriage, and she didn't want him to be heartbroken when Sehun was turned off by his intensity and fervor. Of course, this wasn't going to happen.
“Leave the boy. He'll be fine. They're both excited for this, so what's the problem?” Mr. Kim grumbled, and his wife let out a quiet sigh as she turned back to whatever she was doing.
Any child would be a little saddened to see their parents at one another's throats like this, but it happened so often when Jongin was young, he was used to it.

“Jongin will be coming over to show you some color samples for the wedding. Clean up your room! It's always so messy,” Mrs. Oh said as she barged into her son's room, and Sehun looked up from the wedding magazines on his bed. He had a glow about him that was unmistakable, and it was clear when he didn't have some quiet grumble about his mother storming in unannounced.
“When will he be here? Is he here already?” Sehun asked as he got off of his bed to glance out of his window.
“He'll be here soon,” She answered, and she allowed some silence to pass by before she spoke again, this time quieter.
“You're really excited for this, aren't you? You like him a lot,” She murmured with a small smile, sitting on the sofa in her son's room.
“I just think we're a good match, that's all,” Sehun replied gruffly; just because he had been blissfully surprised with the news that he'd marry Jongin, it didn't mean he was sappy enough to turn into a lovesick puppy. He'd leave that for his now fiancée.
“Well, I'm glad you're happy. I thought it would've been difficult for you to adjust, but it seems we picked the right person,” For once, she didn't seem arrogant about such a thing (which was rare since she liked rubbing her accomplishments in other people's faces), and Sehun simply nodded once. He didn't want to encourage her to keep talking or stay too long; there was a chance she'd decide to stay and try to help with the wedding arrangements when Jongin was here, and there were many things the two men had to catch up on. They were both still grounded which meant no phones, and since they were granted the opportunity of being together again, they didn't want to do anything which would sabotage their chances of their dreams coming true. Therefore, they did anything and everything their parents asked while abiding by their rules for the time-being.

Jongin arrived only a few minutes after Mrs. Oh had left Sehun's bedroom - this was the first time the two men could be alone ever since their awful date that led to their breakup so long ago. As the shorter man shut the door, it took Sehun two long strides across his bedroom to reach Jongin to give him a tight hug. They couldn't hold hands, hug, kiss or even maintain eye contact for too long whenever they met up with one another with their parents, so it was expected that they'd be all over one another now.

“I've missed you so much! I thought our mothers would always want to come with us during the planning,” As much as Jongin had missed just seeing Sehun, he had gotten his fill of that for the past few days now, and now he wanted his fill of the kisses and cuddles he couldn't get for such a long time.
“I'm sure they'll find a way to worm their way into the plans soon enough...” Sehun said with a little laugh. Both mothers were control freaks, not a good combination, but they somehow worked well together...on their sons' nerves.
“I hope they don't change too many things. I really like how things are now,” Jongin murmured, then smiled as he slid his arms around the other one's neck to peck his lips, “it's perfect, actually,”
“Mhm. We still have a lot to plan, though. But I'm sure it'll all go faster now that we can do it together,” Sehun answered as he kissed back, and his fiancée held onto his one arm while they walked to the bed.
“I've been meaning to ask you...what did your parents say to mine about your expulsion from the college? Mine were mad hearing I got into trouble with a boyfriend of mine. They said I could never see you again, and yet we're getting married!” He said as he sat down in front of Sehun on the big bed, flipping through some of the magazines that were untouched. It warmed his heart to see his fiancée so excited about this - there had to be at least nine different magazines here, and Sehun had never even opened this many textbooks to study!
“Oh, they probably said I wasn't in that college to begin with...they'll deny it whenever someone brings it up. They like to sweep scandals under the rug instead of dealing with them,” Sehun explained with a hint of boredom in his voice - he was used to his parents taking care of his messes by now, so he didn't care much about the details.
“They're not mad at you for what happened?” Jongin questioned as he laid down on his stomach instead, placing his chin on his fists while looking at Sehun with a small smile.
“They were. Like I said, they're always too busy to remember I did something wrong,” The other man said and then groaned, “except now suddenly, when I finally want to do something without them watching over my shoulder...”
His face squirmed into a grimace as he closed his eyes, thinking about what a menace his mother would be as she tried to fit the wedding to her own ideals and dreams, then opened his eyes and smiled at Jongin who chuckled.
“I guess I can tolerate it as long as it's you who I get to marry in the end,” Sehun said, then pulled the other man by his wrists so he could lay on top of Sehun instead once he had laid down.
“I've said so much about myself, why don't you tell me more about what you were up to while we weren't talking?”

Although Sehun was just lazy to keep talking, he still was genuinely interested to hear what Jongin had done when they weren't on speaking terms. He always got up to the weirdest and most wonderful things - like experimenting with different coffee even if he didn't like coffee, going shopping for clothes he'd eventually gift to his friends when he didn't wear any of the items, and looking through Netflix to find a horror movie, only to watch a sappy romance movie that made him cry with a tub of ice cream.

Jongin talked and talked for nearly an hour, barely giving Sehun a chance to reply; not that he minded much. It was like nothing bad had ever happened to them, and everything was back to the way it was supposed to be.
He calmly rubbed Jongin's hip or lower back as the other man spoke, his cheek pressed against the taller one's shoulder while he talked. This was one of the places he knew he could share whatever he liked without worrying about negative consequences - maybe that was why him and Sehun got along so well so quickly when they had just started dating. His fiancée didn't say much, but he always showed he was listening, and he never judged Jongin for what he had to say.

Eventually, Sehun pulled away to smile at the other one.
“So I said so him...why are you looking at me like that?” Jongin laughed out as he found the other one staring at him.
“No reason. You're just cute whenever you have a lot to say. Which is always,” He admitted after some thought, then pecked Jongin's forehead, “I'm just glad we got to be together again in the end,”
“Me too. And this time, we'll be more careful if we ever decide to smoke weed together!” It had been a painful reminder of what had happened, but now it was just a funny memory that brought them both closer to what they really wanted. It was fate's twisted way of granting them their wishes, and neither of them were complaining.

It took a total of four months to plan the wedding, and although it was frustrating for the boys considering their mothers always wanted to have things their own way, the wedding turned out to be how Sehun and Jongin wanted it...mostly.

There were over a thousand guests (including press), and there were so many round tables to accommodate everyone, Jongin felt somewhat intimidated when he saw everything being set up. What if he forgot his vows? What if he started crying too early?
Luckily, none of those bad things happened.
Taemin was his groomsman, and Chanyeol was Sehun's groomsman; both of the groomsmen gave the couple a thumbs-up before and after the ceremony.
The color scheme was an ivory and white, and although the mothers wanted vibrant colors (like royal blue or purple), their sons wanted neutral colors instead of exciting ones. At the end of the day, it looked nicer anyway. Especially with Jongin and Sehun's white suits and ivory ties and handkerchiefs in their pockets.
The venue for the reception was an open field just behind the chapel, and it overlooked the horizon and a few different parts of the city. There were long reeds of golden grass, but nothing too high for people to walk around in.
The food was a mixture of Italian and French (Jongin and Sehun would've liked Korean and maybe Japanese too, but they needed to appease their mothers with something, so they had to sacrifice the food options), and everyone was served either wine or champagne depending on their choice.
The guests made it clear they were from rich families or well-off businesses; imported silk suits, gold rings and watches, glittering diamond rings, sheer silk dresses from all over the world and runway-ready hairstyles and walks, everyone at the wedding was trying to outshine the other. It didn't matter to Sehun and Jongin though - they only had eyes for one another as always, and now they could finally show affection and their love for one another in public. No one would question it, and if anything, they'd expect and be thrilled to see the newly weds happy together. It would make for great publicity. They'd be making their parents happy just by being happy with one another; it was a win-win.

“I think this was the best wedding we could've possibly had,” Jongin sighed out in a dream-like state as he walked away from the dancing guests and music with Sehun, their hands locked together.
“I would've been fine with just the two of us and a Vegas wedding,” Sehun grumbled, “I don't think we needed so many people here with us,”
“Oh, stop being so grumpy! You're not even thirty and you're acting like a grandpa,” Jongin laughed as he tugged on his husband's hand before they glanced at the setting sun that graced the sky with a dark brown and orange.
“So, have you thought about where you want our honeymoon to be?” Sehun asked after a small laugh, and Jongin hummed out in thought as his cheek met the other man's broad shoulder.
“What about Bora Bora? Or Kyoto? Sapporo? How about Milan? Paris? London?” Jongin started speaking uncontrollably as he thought about all the wonderful places they could go and what they'd both enjoy the most. His words were stopped immediately when he felt Sehun's lips on his, and he smiled as he kissed back gently. The butterflies had never left, even now, and that made him smile as he hugged Sehun's one arm when he felt silent.
“We have a lot of time, so why stress about it now? We can go anywhere and everywhere, and as long as I'm with you, I'll love each place,” Sehun hummed out, put his arm around Jongin's shoulders instead to pull the shorter man closer against his side, and smiled as Jongin squeezed his one side affectionately.
“Hm, you're right. Maybe we could even study overseas or find a job there in the modeling industry. Or we could just start our own clothing line...”

Even if these ideas were much too ambitious for most people, it seemed more than just possible for the two men - as long as they were together, nothing could stop their hopes and dreams. Fate had proved it was on their side, even if it played a dirty trick on them before. All they needed to achieve their wishes was some luck, money, and most importantly, each other.

And really, what could be worse than what they've already been through? If they could get through such a tough time, then surely there was nothing else that could split them apart. Even if things or people tried to come in between them, neither Sehun nor Jongin would let them break the two men up again. Jongin wouldn't let his husband push him away so quickly again, and Sehun would definitely not let Jongin go so easily once more. They said they'd be together forever, and that's exactly how their story played out; they lived happily and loved one another for a very long time after that (until they went grey from old age!), setting an example for all same- couples with their lives in the spotlight.