fin.

Awkward first kiss

Welp, might as well kiss her and get it over with now, seeing as my first kiss is bound to be awkward as hell, Yujin resolved, mentally prepping for the most awkward social interaction of her life as she tapped Gaeul on the shoulder, “Hey.”

 

“Hm?” upon turning to face her, Yujin took the older girl thoroughly aback when she unexpectedly planted a big, wet, sloppy kiss smack dab on Gaeul’s lips. Of course, the smackaroo produced a loud smooching sound which Yujin internally cringed at before pulling away from a stupified Gaeul, who stared dumbly at her (the woman was too stunned to speak).

 

Feeling relieved at getting the awkwardness of her first kiss out of the way, Yujin grinned from ear to ear. Glad that all was said and done, she then attempted to clear the air, “Uhh, so-” 

 

“I have to go water my dog now,” cutting her off, Gaeul quickly noped the out of there. Nope, not today, not tomorrow, not the day after, and for sure not next week (not ever, never).


“Aw, ! I done messed up,” Yujin regrettably remarked, looking on in cringe as Gaeul hurriedly walked off, only breaking out into a full sprint when she was a respectable distance away so as not to be a .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After two weeks of avoiding each other like the Corona Virus, the others had taken notice of the awkward tension between the pair.

 

“Tea is brewing,” Rei commented, having witnessed Gaeul walk into the kitchen, then promptly turn on her heels and nope the out (again) when she spotted Yujin seated at the breakfast table, her eyes going wide as saucers. “What the ? Did you see her or something, bozo? Strip, even the score.”

 

“Omg, what are you on???” unbelievably shocked, Liz dropped her spoon into her bowl of Cheerios with a loud clink.

 

“And why aren't you sharing?” Leeseo muttered, munching on burnt toast (it’d been a rough morning).

 

“Leeseo,” Wonyoung gasped, scandalized. “Go play with your Barbies,” she reprimanded, pointing in the direction of the said girl’s bedroom. 

 

“Bratz dolls are better,” she sneered, shoving her chair away from the table before getting to her feet and storming off.

 

“Whatever,” Wonyoung scoffed, rolling her eyes. “And watch Victorious on Netflix!” she called after her as she’d been binging the teen sitcom recently; Beck’s hot if you're seventeen.

 

“Finee,” came Leeseo’s reply as she slammed her bedroom door shut (it was a good show, so why not? Very entertaining to watch, and besides, ‘Take A Hint’ had no business being such an absolute bop).

 

“Did you accidentally see Gaeul or what, ?” Rei continued, picking up the conversation where it left off.

 

“Nope,” Yujin replied through a mouthful of Captain Crunch.

 

“So on purpose then, huh? You sly dog,” Rei smirked, jabbing a piece of toast knowingly at the other girl, causing Yujin to choke on her cereal.

 

“Woah, hey, it’s nothing like that!” she fervently denied, waving her hands in front of her face. 
 

“Even so, Rei’s right! You guys need to sit down and hash things out,” Liz advised, concerned about the group’s dynamic.

 

“Alright! I'm going,” Yujin conceded, standing up and pushing her chair in (she dreaded the impending awkward conversation to come).

~~~~~~~~~~~~five minutes later~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Knock, knock,” Yujin rapped her knuckles against Gaeul’s open bedroom door, catching the older girl’s attention; Gaeul looked up from the book she was reading to see Yujin standing awkwardly in the doorway, “You don't need to say ‘Knock, knock’ when you knock, you know?"


“Yeah, I know, heh,” Yujin chuckled, sheepishly rubbing her arm.


“Come, sit,” Gaeul patted the spot next to her, inviting Yujin to sit beside her on the bed. “Why’d you kiss me?” she inquired as soon as Yujin sat down, seeking an answer to the question that’d been plaguing her mind for weeks.

 

“Well, I’d heard horror stories of awkward first kisses and naturally wanted to get the whole ordeal over and done with, and you happened to be standing nearby, so I kissed ya to get my first kiss out of the way,” Yujin let out all in one breath.

 

“Ohh, I see,” Gaeul said, nodding in understanding.

 

“Did you like it?” Yujin asked eagerly, dying to know if she was a good kisser or not.

 

“What??”

 

"How was it on a scale from one to ten???"

 

“Umm, I’ll give you a seven, weirdo.”


“Okay, not bad! I’ll take it!”


“You goober, can you whistle?” 


Puckering her lips at the sudden question, Yujin was caught by surprise when Gaeul took the opportunity to steal a quick kiss. “There, I stole back the kiss you stole from me. Now we’re even.”


“Oh, my gawd! That was smooth as hell! I'm stealing that!”


“Psh, ,” Gaeul laughed, fondly touseling Yujin’s hair (the end).